DVC Member's Cruise - July 23, 2018 - Castway Double Dip

Welcome! If you want to join the FE group, we'd love to have you!

Don't fret about what to give out. It is all just done in fun!

Count us in for FE!

Cabin 5042
New Jersey
1 Adult: Amy, age undisclosed; fave characters are Edna Mode, Mrs. Incredible, Elsa & Anna, Yoda (as he aged, my grandfather began to resemble Yoga, barring the green skin), Baymax, Harris, Hubert and Hamish in bear form
1 Kid: Cole, age 7; fave characters are ANY Star Wars but especially the Ewoks, Porgs, Darth Vader and Slave Leia (go figure), Jack Jack, Baymax, Coco & Hector, The Hulk

Last edited:
Count us in for FE!

Cabin 5042
New Jersey
1 Adult (Amy)
1 Kid (Cole, 7)
Fave chars (Star Wars but esp. Ewoks, Jack Jack, Edna Mode, Baymax)
Ok. I’ll get you added. We are actually at WDW now, so I will add you when we get back...

@tidefan when will we have FE group cutoffs? Starting to gather little things here and there but wanted to wait before I got too far ahead of myself. Hope you had a great time at WDW!

We are already in the candy/snack exchange. We would also like to join the FE group.

Cabin 6612
Baltimore, Maryland
Farjad (adult) Mickey Mouse and Star Wars
Dawn (adult) Minnie Mouse and Cinderella
Sean (7) Star Wars, Woody and Buzz, love video games
Zachary (14) Star Wars, Bay Max, love video games

We are fine with small groups or a large group as long as it does not exceed 15 to 20 cabins.

We are Platinum on DCL. Got the notification that it is nearly time to book whatever activities we want. That would be Palo!

We are already in the candy/snack exchange. We would also like to join the FE group.

Cabin 6612
Baltimore, Maryland
Farjad (adult) Mickey Mouse and Star Wars
Dawn (adult) Minnie Mouse and Cinderella
Sean (7) Star Wars, Woody and Buzz, love video games
Zachary (14) Star Wars, Bay Max, love video games

We are fine with small groups or a large group as long as it does not exceed 15 to 20 cabins.
Sorry need to make a change to favorite characters for Sean. His most favorite character is Pluto and the others are the other characters he likes.

Will do. Just need the state you are from, characters you like, and if you have any allergies. You can also share names if you like (if not, I can leave you as Adult 1, Adult 2, etc...).

Welcome!
We are from NJ. We love the Incredibles, Star Wars, Stitch and of course Mickie/Minnie! No allergies in this family. Names for Adults are Marie and Scott, Kids are Shane(15), Cameron (11) and Mason (9) all boys : 0 )

Just booked the DVC Member Cruise yesterday for me and DS (7). This is the first DCL cruise for us and my son's first cruise EVER! :sail:

It came together by happenstance. I'd been stalking rooms in hopes of booking something in the Family Oceanview category. Recently, my dad asks me to handle his RCI acct because it looks like he had almost 42K pts to use before August. I'd not seen DVC on RCI in a long long time, but happened to find some SSR summer weeks yesterday! They grabbed 7/21-7/28, and once we had a place to stay pre/post cruise, it seemed a no-brainer to book this member cruise, especially since something DID open up on Deck 5. Haven't convinced my parents to join us yet.

Big question: **How long to I have to add insurance?**
The CM said I'd be mailed all that info eventually, but didn't give me details on when that would be or how soon I'd need to add insurance. I know that Disney insurance has been unavailable since beginning of year.

Also, I'm a little afraid of our cabin being located over the BV Theater. I travel with a sound machine but it didn't help me with boat horn noises at the Poly nor with Water Pageant noise at BLT. Is my best bet to keep checking back for a room on Deck 8?

TIA for your help!

We'd also be open to joining FE but I am at a loss for what we could bring to give out. I've been trying to get ideas from online searches but I'm afraid I'm just a little bit good at crafts, not good enough to even make my own FE, LOL.

:welcome:

Tom and I were at Castaway Cay twice last week. The island is so beautiful, but the water was a bit too cool for us to swim. We did get over to Serenity Bay for the lunch, then sat on beach chairs and listened to the music. Looking forward to snorkeling there in July!

Who wants to share your favorite local candy or snack? It’s fun to go back to your cabin and see what surprise there is in your Fish Extender!!

I will keep the groups between 6-11 cabins. One year we had 32 cabins, 4 groups of 8.

Local Candy/Snack exchange interest.
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog

Ok. I’ll get you added. We are actually at WDW now, so I will add you when we get back...
Thanks! Hope you're having an awesome time!! Some of my colleagues are there too and I can't wait until my next trip!!

I updated my original post to break out my fave characters versus my son's. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks! Hope you're having an awesome time!! Some of my colleagues are there too and I can't wait until my next trip!!

I updated my original post to break out my fave characters versus my son's. ;)
OK...

@DvF Diva and @PDZS - Got you guys added!

We just got back from a great trip. 5 nights at BLT followed by a way too short 3 night on the Wonder. I have to say that Saturday at Castaway may have been the most perfect that I have ever seen it there. A plus to that was that we were able to snag a Cabana (#6) so it was just plain awesome! Now, we are focused in on this trip. Can't wait to meet everyone.

@tidefan when will we have FE group cutoffs? Starting to gather little things here and there but wanted to wait before I got too far ahead of myself. Hope you had a great time at WDW!
Well, right now we have 14 in one large group. I think that if we get a couple more we can split into 2 groups?

As to a cutoff? What does everyone think? We could cut off the main list at April or May 1 and have a latecomers list after that?

@Bobbiwiz I thought I had requested to be in the Snack exchange way back whenever; I think Feb. 10

@tidefan
We want to be in FE
FLORIDA
Joe - Pluto
Linda - Minnie
Cabin not sure, that page is down - Will let you know

Note: If you split into two small groups, I'd like to be in both if that is not a problem for you!

@Bobbiwiz I thought I had requested to be in the Snack exchange way back whenever; I think Feb. 10
Ok...sorry! Glad you caught it! Early in February you were on the list. “Copy” did not work, and I missed it.

If anyone else notices a mistake, please post!

Last edited:
Who wants to share your favorite local candy or snack? It’s fun to go back to your cabin and see what surprise there is in your Fish Extender!!

I will keep the groups between 6-11 cabins. One year we had 32 cabins, 4 groups of 8.

Local Candy/Snack exchange interest.
maburke
bobbiwoz
minniescout
Capang
tidefan
bluedoggy
PDZS
Lindy Stevens
intlhotdog
Gator Joe

At this time, I am asking for interest. At the end of May, I will ask for “ conversations “ sent to me with your specific information. Then you will give your cabin number, number of adults, children in your cabin, and if any allergies. Participants are asked to give enough for the cabin to share.

My goal will be to have in information given to the group(s) by June 23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!