Dvc Regrets

I have none.
I was going to Disney since 1991 on my own (I took my parenst for the first time :lmao:)
My wife did go with her parents and continued to go on her own
We liked to stay at the Poly although we did stay at all levels and liked the deluxe and were willing to pay for it and undrestood what a deluxe Disney proprety was in reality. beyond that a one bedroom or two bedroom is beyond our expectations of a Disney deluxe at a much better price

My only negative about our DVC purchase is:

I'm sure going to miss the concierge lounge at the Poly, CR, and YC.

That is the only reason I didn't buy in sooner. I loved staying on the concierge level. But, now I have a family of 6 and can't fit into one room any longer. I may have splurged for one concierge room, but no way was I going to get 2 rooms. So, it's a DVC 2br for us.

Our only regret is that we didn't do it a lot sooner. :)

DVC is the only timeshare I've ever seen that actually goes up in market value. Even the top of the line Marriotts seem to be a little cheaper on the resale market as time goes by. Not DVC. they have actually appreciated in Market Value. Of course, we all know that as the contracts approach their half-life and beyond, they will surely begin dropping in value but only after a generation or two of providing huge vacation savings to their owners.

My view is that due to the tendancy to hold value, combined with relatively high demand, it seems like a pretty easily liqidateable timeshare if you ever need or want to sell it.

My two regrets are pretty much the same as everyone else thus far:

1. Regret that I did not buy sooner
2. Regret that I did not buy more points when they were cheaper

Have never regretted my DVC ownership, though. I have had a couple of times where things were not perfect, or even good. But managers were good in resolving problems and things worked out well.

I totally agree with u!:thumbsup2

I agree with most of the other posters. The only regret that we have is not buying sooner. We have been members since 2004, and had quite a few trips before getting into DVC. We used our points for the first time in April and immediately added another 50 points (we started at 160 just to be on the safe side.) If you are unsure start small. I promise you will not regret it! :woohoo:

Not only do I have no regrets, but I can't imagine my life without the wonderful friends I have made through DVC! :grouphug:

My only regret, like others, is that I didn't buy sooner and I didn't buy over the many years hubby was a CM. (We bought at the end of his CM career so did enjoy the discount). We watched the WLV being built and didn't buy...yikes. They we watched the BCV being built and didn't buy...double yikes and both times we could've gotten a CM discount!! Finally when the CM career was ending we thought....lets buy into the DVC! We are not quick learners, so regret not saving a ton of money when we could've. We did save a ton on our SSR contract! But then added on at the BWV and paid the same as others, but happily did and don't regret it. Saving now for the CRV, but if I only could get hubby to go back to being a CM.....oh what money I would spend!

No regrets for our purchase(s). Two things I wish I had done differently though - 1) I wish we had looked into it earlier and 2) I wish we had bought BWV instead of VWL.

Excellent posts by JimC and Crisi!! Most on the DVC board own a contract (haven't sold it yet) and therefore are still, for the most part, happy.

I have only one regret that Crisi outlined below. We bought too many points in one contract. It is fine now but I see it being too much in future years and we will be unable to sell off some of the points. It will be all or nothing. I didn't realize how easy it is to buy and use multiple contracts. I'm not sure if I would call our stage infatuation but it is still relatively new (purchased in '03) and our kids are young.

People who buy one single large contract starting out in that infatuation stage, and then don't have the flexibility to sell part of it off. If you buy in big, buy your first contract at the 160 point minimum and add on in 50 or 100 point contracts - they'll sell off a lot easier.

Personally no regrets here, but make sure you know as much about DVC as you can before you buy.

There are a good many people who have bought and found that DVC is not what they thought it would be.

If you plan on staying somewhere other then DVC resorts, then I would not say it is the best idea.

But if you love staying at the DVC resorts as we do, you won't have any regrets.

Does Anyone Regret Buying A Dvc And Why? I Want To Make Sure Im Making The Right Decision
Nope. My only regret is instead of buying only 150 points at BWV i shoulda taken out a loan and bought 300 to 400 points. I did not have the money then though to afford that even through financing. The prices for points have doubled since i bought in in 1998. I believe it cost us 50 bucks a point then and it is close to 100 now.

we bought in '93 and I regret not buying more points at that time.. we had to do addon at higher point cost...

I regret that I don't have more time off. I would really like to buy more points and go twice a year.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter