DVC Resale - Blue Card?

well, just called and I think I will be out of luck.... but they are checking.... gave them my cc number just in case.....
I'm assuming you're looking for AKV? I would be willing to bet they'll find some in the next two weeks.

Another thought would be to take 25 points at any resort knowing that you'll only be able to combine them with your other points at 7 months. Not optimal -- but if the AP discount is valuable to you, then it could actually pay for itself in a few years. For example, if a Gold AP works for you, that is a $260 savings over the platinum AP per person. If you have 4 members in your family, then you'll be "saving" $1000 per year in AP costs. After 4 years, your AP savings will actually be close to the amount you spent on the 25 points -- so the points will practically be "free."

Of course, this is somewhat funny math. If you wouldn't buy APs except for the gold ones, then you aren't really saving any money -- you're actually spending more money on tickets and going to WDW more often.

I'm assuming you're looking for AKV? I would be willing to bet they'll find some in the next two weeks.

Another thought would be to take 25 points at any resort knowing that you'll only be able to combine them with your other points at 7 months. Not optimal -- but if the AP discount is valuable to you, then it could actually pay for itself in a few years. For example, if a Gold AP works for you, that is a $260 savings over the platinum AP per person. If you have 4 members in your family, then you'll be "saving" $1000 per year in AP costs. After 4 years, your AP savings will actually be close to the amount you spent on the 25 points -- so the points will practically be "free."

Of course, this is somewhat funny math. If you wouldn't buy APs except for the gold ones, then you aren't really saving any money -- you're actually spending more money on tickets and going to WDW more often.
Thats my issue we are in texas.. I am not sure how often we can take advantage of the AP.. this year may be an exception since I made a mistake and have 75 points I need to use.... so we may squeeze in another trip... LOL so funny, yes spending more money air, food etc. to go more often!!

Maybe they just don't have your Use Year? I can only imagine that inventory is flying off the shelf since the announcement. But since you are wanting AKV, I am hopeful for you! :cutie: Good luck! :sunny:

Maybe they just don't have your Use Year? I can only imagine that inventory is flying off the shelf since the announcement. But since you are wanting AKV, I am hopeful for you! :cutie: Good luck! :sunny:
Thanks! Yes, flying off the shelves is right! He said he tried to call to check if they had what I needed and he couldnt get thru! I had to give him my CC and if he finds it he will get it! crazy!

Sorry to resurrect this, but for those who are interested in this issue:

I’m the OP and bought resale but was issued a blue physical card. The online one does show white with limited perks. I’m currently on my first trip to WDW as a DVC member. The turnstile does turn purple for me but, more interestingly, I got into the Epcot lounge. I had hoped it would work since some reports said they just check ID and blue card. However, my heart sank when they started looking up my account on the computer with the card in hand. After about 30 seconds I got a smile and an “enjoy the lounge” as they waived DH and I up...

Sooooo idk what to make of that but it’s definitely interesting.

Sorry to resurrect this, but for those who are interested in this issue:

I’m the OP and bought resale but was issued a blue physical card. The online one does show white with limited perks. I’m currently on my first trip to WDW as a DVC member. The turnstile does turn purple for me but, more interestingly, I got into the Epcot lounge. I had hoped it would work since some reports said they just check ID and blue card. However, my heart sank when they started looking up my account on the computer with the card in hand. After about 30 seconds I got a smile and an “enjoy the lounge” as they waived DH and I up...

Sooooo idk what to make of that but it’s definitely interesting.
Are you planning to purchase an annual pass? I’d be interested to hear how that works out.

I’ll have to run the numbers. Right now we’re Premier AP holders and there’s no discount but I’m not sure if it would make sense for us. Our home park is DLR and we’re there often so the cost of the DVC AP would have to be less than the WDW “portion” of the Premier AP. If we try, I’ll let you all know if it works!

They may have looked on computer and it showed contradictory information, but you had your blue card= I'm not paid enough to investigate or get into an argument about this, have a nice day.

I think it's probably the latter- not something they are going to confront you about. If you were trying to do something that has an actual monetary benefit like buy the DVC AP, then maybe, but even then I think they would just let it slide. The average CM isn't going to care.

They may have looked on computer and it showed contradictory information, but you had your blue card= I'm not paid enough to investigate or get into an argument about this, have a nice day.

Ha! Yes good point. Easier for them to just let it slide rather than try and confiscate our blue card and risk us exploding on them. Of course, we wouldn’t have given them any trouble but they certainly don’t know that!

We’re going to be back in May, during the Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic, which happens to be on my actual birthday. I might see if I’m able to reserve it, just to see what happens. Not expecting it to work but hey, with a shot!

Ha! Yes good point. Easier for them to just let it slide rather than try and confiscate our blue card and risk us exploding on them. Of course, we wouldn’t have given them any trouble but they certainly don’t know that!

We’re going to be back in May, during the Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic, which happens to be on my actual birthday. I might see if I’m able to reserve it, just to see what happens. Not expecting it to work but hey, with a shot!
Less likely to work then because, to my understanding, the people.checking you in at moonlight magic are DVC admin.

My niece works as a CM and one of her friends when we went to moonlight magic works in DVC member services and he was there to help check people in.

Also. If there’s an issue then, they’re less likely to blow it off and more likely to call over their boss who’s also likely to be right there.

Don’t you have preregistration for MM and wouldn’t they catch it then?

Yes they mailed out new cards to all current members early last year. You can request a new one online or via member services (expired in 2021) and you can also access your digital one (good for 3 months) via the website.
Do they issue you another white card after the three month one expires?

Do they issue you another white card after the three month one expires?

The online card is a constantly rolling forward date. But if you want to print it out then it's valid for 3 months from the date you print it. Otherwise online it will always be 3 months.

So they won't mail resale buyers a white card?

Considering they get you nothing other than access to TOTWL, which can be checked by scanning your magic band anyway, there really is no point in mailing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter