DVC With Most Studios - January

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

We just came back on Saturday and decided to return in January for another trip.

I always book 11/7 months out so I understand booking four months in advance has disadvantages but was happy to get my home resort SSR Preferred Studio for January 5-12, 2019.

I would, however, like to waitlist two resorts, in a studio, for those dates and I understand the 5K or other running events are also scheduled end of that week and it is moderately busy time. Knowing it will be slim, what other resorts have the most studios so I can waitlist. I would just like to try other resorts since we have been to SSR many times, although I do love having DTD in my backyard for the evening dinners/drinks.

Thank you all!

PVB has the most studios in a single booking category with 288 Standard View.

Followed by:
SSR Standard with 264
SSR Preferred with 168
BWV Pool/Garden with 164

Last edited:
Thank you.
Is this the Poly Villas studios or does the B mean bungalows, which I know there aren't 288 but just reconfirming.
I'll waitlist Poly Villas Lake View and is there another DVC I can add to make two? This is so helpful and I really appreciate your answering my question.
THANK YOU!

PVB has the most studios in a single booking category with 288 Lake View.

Followed by:
SSR Standard with 264
SSR Preferred with 168
BWV Pool/Garden with 164

PVB (Polynesian Villas & Bungalows) refers to the entire DVC resort.

Thank you SO, SO much!
I have SSR Preferred and will now request BWV, THANK YOU!

Thank you so much. I have waitlisted both with little hope especially with the race(s) but happy I was able to find a full week at SSR. Thank you again!

I think Poly's 288 studios are standard view, not Lake view as posted. Lake view is just one side of one building.

Thank you for these posts. I will change my Poly to standard. Does AKL have more studios than BWVs?

Thanks.

If you are talking about only studios, of all kinds:

OKW has 230, all in lockoffs.
Beach club has about 34 dedicated and 74 lockoffs
Boardwalk has 97 dedicated 149 lockoffs
Copper Creek has 42 dedicated 37 lockoffs
Polynesian has 360.
Animal kingdom has 46 dedicated studios and I believe they are all in Jambo House, But they also have 82 lockoffs at Jambo and 168 lock offs at Kidani. I list them separately, because you have to waitlist them separately.
Saratoga has 432 lockoffs
BLT has 133 lockoffs
Grand Floridian has 23
And Boulder Ridge has 20 and 45

If you are talking about only studios, of all kinds:

OKW has 230, all in lockoffs.
Beach club has about 34 dedicated and 74 lockoffs
Boardwalk has 97 dedicated 149 lockoffs
Copper Creek has 42 dedicated 37 lockoffs
Polynesian has 360.
Animal kingdom has 46 dedicated studios and I believe they are all in Jambo House, But they also have 82 lockoffs at Jambo and 168 lock offs at Kidani. I list them separately, because you have to waitlist them separately.
Saratoga has 432 lockoffs
BLT has 133 lockoffs
Grand Floridian has 23
And Boulder Ridge has 20 and 45

Thank you. Although I have enough points, Im only looking at studios of any kind. Thank you. Ill print and work with this tomorrow but my dates are
January 5 - January 12 so not hopeful Ill get a full week and happy I took SSR Preferrd view this morning since it hasnt shown full availability since I took the week.

Thank you for these posts. I will change my Poly to standard. Does AKL have more studios than BWVs?
At AKV, Kidani Village has the most studios in a single booking category with 109 Savanna View Studios.

You can't just lump the AKV studios together by building. Jambo House has Studios in the Value, Standard View, Savanna View and Concierge Level booking categories. Kidani Village has Studios in the Standard View and Savanna View booking categories. Also, dedicated and lock-off is not a booking category for studios.

Thank you all.
Right now I have Poly standard and BW pool/garden, is this correct if I am trying to get the full week filled from January 5-12, 2019 in a studio?
I have my home resort booked, SSR Preferred View, but would like to try another resort, if possible. Would above give me the best odds, even if slim?

Would my waitlisting a one bedroom give me greater odds of getting my waitlist filled and if so, what resorts should I book instead of waiting my studio?

Thank you!

Waitlisting a one bedroom at BWV would give you better odds - simply because the waitlist isn't likely to be as deep and a cancelled two bedroom will free up a studio and a one bedroom. But its four months out for what is the tail end of a very popular time. My guess is that you are at SSR.

Waitlisting a one bedroom at BWV would give you better odds - simply because the waitlist isn't likely to be as deep and a cancelled two bedroom will free up a studio and a one bedroom. But its four months out for what is the tail end of a very popular time. My guess is that you are at SSR.

Thank you. It's my guess too and made my dining around DTD but I'll change my BW studio to a one bedroom, which should I do, BWV or Pool/Garden. I don't care just want whatever has the most.

Thank you. It's my guess too and made my dining around DTD but I'll change my BW studio to a one bedroom, which should I do, BWV or Pool/Garden. I don't care just want whatever has the most.

Both boardwalk view and standard view are high demand rooms with a lot fewer rooms than pool/garden view; likely best chance with wait list would be with a pool/garden view.

Epcot and MK resorts are the most popular during race weeks. But still, PVB standard view is such a large category that I'd keep that. Then I might do AKV-Kidani savannah view but if not that the BWV pool/garden view is a large category. I'd also check on other studios now and then to see if anything else opens up that you haven't waitlisted because of being restricted to 2 waitlists. If you have the extra points you also could see about piecing together a reservation at another resort if you see some nights available. Then modify your waitlist to try and pick up nights you haven't found yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter