DVC Wonder, West Coast Cruise May 15 through May 20, 2019,

When we booked the DVC CM said it would be at least 2 weeks before we received DCL confirmation notice and the reservation number (she just gave me a temporary conf. no.)
The CM told me to allow four weeks for DCL to get everything in their system and the confirmation letters out to those who booked. So I’m not looking for anything before late July.

Re AbD - that seems to be different than the 2016 MC as i got my call to book the AbD the day after MC bookings...I did not have to wait for a DCL reservation number.

The CM told me to allow four weeks for DCL to get everything in their system and the confirmation letters out to those who booked. So I’m not looking for anything before late July.

Re AbD - that seems to be different than the 2016 MC as i got my call to book the AbD the day after MC bookings...I did not have to wait for a DCL reservation number.
That’s what I am concerned about, we will be on DVC’s Member Cruise in 4 weeks!

That’s what I am concerned about, we will be on DVC’s Member Cruise in 4 weeks!
So sorry, I was not making that connection, Are you able to suggest to member services that things are delayed until after that cruise is over, or else say something to DVC leadsrship while on the cruise though that may be too late. I do know last time in NYC the AbD filled up fast & they ended up adding a second group.

So sorry, I was not making that connection, Are you able to suggest to member services that things are delayed until after that cruise is over, or else say something to DVC leadsrship while on the cruise though that may be too late. I do know last time in NYC the AbD filled up fast & they ended up adding a second group.
Well, we definitely will call MS the night before we leave fo the MC as was suggested to Tom when we called to try to book the ABD.

I just tried the cruise meets site Disney Wonder 2019 and it goes to the main page for the monitor to attach a request to the appropriate ship and year, not this page.

I just tried the cruise meets site Disney Wonder 2019 and it goes to the main page for the monitor to attach a request to the appropriate ship and year, not this page.
Oh. I tried and it worked where I requested the link. I will look more to see what you found.

Hi there! We will be joining you on this cruise! Just myself and my hubby. This will be our 8th Disney cruise, but 1st Member cruise. We just got off the Wonder on Monday after a wonderful week in Alaska. Right now, we are sitting in the Victoria Harbor Airport waiting for our float plane to Seattle, then home. What an amazing trip this has been!

We live about 40 miles east of San Francisco and visit the Walt Disney Family Museum at least once a month. If you are interested in spending more than an hour or so at the museum (and something that is VERY easy to do) I wouldn't suggest doing the ABD. We've seen the ABD tours go through and "private tour" means you don't get to explore at your own pace. If you want to hit all of the items on that tour, then the ABD is an amazing way to see things and they really take care of anything.

If you want to go to the museum on your own, it is just a short taxi/Lyft/Uber ride. I'll keep and eye on the calendar and update everyone when then announce what the special exhibits will be. Right now, there is a Glenn Keane exhibit and in the Diane Disney Miller Exhibit Hall they have an exhibit about the Nine Old Men.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and traveling the West Coast!

We just got a call and have booked ABD! We live on the east coast, so getting the taste of the special things in California is huge to us. I do not have to worry about transfers or even using points to stay at the Grand Californian!

I am so glad we did not have to wait and risk missing the call because we were on the 2018 MC!

Last edited:
We just got a call and have booked ABD! We live on the east coast, so getting the taste of the special things in California is huge to us. I do not have to worry about transfers or even using points to stay at the Grand Californian!

I am so glad we did not have to wait and risk missing the call because we were on the 2018 MC!
Congrats !! Glad that came through for you before the July MC

Congratulations on getting the call. Can't wait for the MC.

You will not regret doing the ABD. We did one in 2011 and hope to do more in the future! Have fun on the MC 2018. Please tell us all about it here for us newbies!

I called MS today to see what the prices would be to upgrade to an Oceanview cabin. They still had quite a bit of availability, but we have to wait till we get our official confirmation before we can make changes. I'm also trying to get some friends to book as well.

I've already booked hotels for pre/post cruise. Now just have to wait till SW releases their flights for May 2019.

For those who have been on previous member cruises, how do you stand not knowing what presentations/speakers will be on board until you get on the ship? This will be a first for me in just having a trip full of "winging it". In the past, do they have presentations during the day while in port or are those days left open so we can book excursions?

I doubt there will be presentations while in port.

One year they had a three night MC in January and there had been a 4 night in the previous year, maybe September. So, I was on the shorter one. We did not get all the experiences or gifts the longer cruise did, and it is the only time I remember them having an activity on CC. I attended a “ Decorate your own Vinylmation” class that included a talk about their history.

There have been presentations until late, maybe starting at 10 or 11PM.

I have not been disappointed, so I do not mind waiting for the surprises. Still, I understand others want to know. My favorite CM is a Disney Artist and Historian, at least that’s how I think of Stacia Martin. She gives wonderful presentations, one that is particularly dear to me was when she spoke about the NYC Worlds Fair. She’s not old enough to have been there, but she talked about things I had not known and things I had forgotten. She draws and talks then raffles off, free, her drawings. Often she brings many to give away that she has done previously. She is not the only one, I have Pooh drawn by Alex Maher.

Keep asking DVC if it means that much. They have to know how much you want to know beforehand. One year they promised updates, but they fizzled out months before. I think we only got 1, maybe 2 of those.

Bobbi:boat:

This will be our second MC, and I know what you mean about the anxiety of not knowing what the onboard events will be! It is impossible to plan and also to get excited about what will happen since in general we don’t know the details! Half of my pleasure while traveling comes from planning.

In any case, we really enjoyed our last MC and are looking forward to this one.

I doubt there will be presentations while in port.

One year they had a three night MC in January and there had been a 4 night in the previous year, maybe September. So, I was on the shorter one. We did not get all the experiences or gifts the longer cruise did, and it is the only time I remember them having an activity on CC. I attended a “ Decorate your own Vinylmation” class that included a talk about their history.

There have been presentations until late, maybe starting at 10 or 11PM.

I have not been disappointed, so I do not mind waiting for the surprises. Still, I understand others want to know. My favorite CM is a Disney Artist and Historian, at least that’s how I think of Stacia Martin. She gives wonderful presentations, one that is particularly dear to me was when she spoke about the NYC Worlds Fair. She’s not old enough to have been there, but she talked about things I had not known and things I had forgotten. She draws and talks then raffles off, free, her drawings. Often she brings many to give away that she has done previously. She is not the only one, I have Pooh drawn by Alex Maher.

Keep asking DVC if it means that much. They have to know how much you want to know beforehand. One year they promised updates, but they fizzled out months before. I think we only got 1, maybe 2 of those.

Bobbi:boat:

Thanks for the info. Good to know they do later presentations. I'm not much into the bar scene, but I would gladly stay up late to hear a presentation! I've heard Stacia talk multiple times. I agree, she is amazing! Really knows her stuff and is a good presenter! We went on an ABD once and have a drawing of Figment in our hall that she did for us. I've been trying to search for trip reports, it just doesn't look like there are many out there. I know each trip is different, but I love reading and dreaming. It such a long way off!!

Thanks for the info. Good to know they do later presentations. I'm not much into the bar scene, but I would gladly stay up late to hear a presentation! I've heard Stacia talk multiple times. I agree, she is amazing! Really knows her stuff and is a good presenter! We went on an ABD once and have a drawing of Figment in our hall that she did for us. I've been trying to search for trip reports, it just doesn't look like there are many out there. I know each trip is different, but I love reading and dreaming. It such a long way off!!
I have Stacia’s Thumper! I won it on EBTA in2013.

For those who have been on previous member cruises, how do you stand not knowing what presentations/speakers will be on board until you get on the ship? This will be a first for me in just having a trip full of "winging it". In the past, do they have presentations during the day while in port or are those days left open so we can book excursions?

I don’t mind not knowing - I like the surprise of finding out on the ship. It is a bit like D23 Expo, where to get the lower ticket price you buy a year in advance, yet the guests info does not start coming out until a couple months before. Best surprise for me was seeing Eric Goldberg in the line to check in for Alaska; that’s when I learned he would be on that year’s MC.

I’ve only been on a couple,2015 and 2016, but for each of those, there were no presentations during the time we were in port. Here are links from the Disney Cruise Line Blog of Navigators for the past couple of MCs if you’d like to check the schedules to see what was offered when & early/late things were.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/itinerary-summary/?itinerary=261

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/itinerary-summary/?itinerary=315

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!