NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Hope you guys could help me out quick... I'm making up a trip proposal :) for my BILs. We're looking at trying to do a family trip next summer where the three brothers and their spouses (that includes us) would split most of the costs for my in-laws cruise/flights, so I'm trying to get them some details before the dates release.

If we're looking at a 5 night Bahamas cruise, how does the cancellation policy work? Or could someone point me to the page? I'm having trouble finding it. The BILs are indecisive, so DH and I talked and we would be okay with floating the cruise deposit for the in-laws cabin if BILs haven't decided if it's fully refundable for awhile. That way we can get the best price for their cabin, since we're covering part of the cost (and our own too), or we're good if BILs back out over the cost. I highly doubt that they will book on opening day, but that will be their issue if the prices go up...

Hope you guys could help me out quick... I'm making up a trip proposal :) for my BILs. We're looking at trying to do a family trip next summer where the three brothers and their spouses (that includes us) would split most of the costs for my in-laws cruise/flights, so I'm trying to get them some details before the dates release.

If we're looking at a 5 night Bahamas cruise, how does the cancellation policy work? Or could someone point me to the page? I'm having trouble finding it. The BILs are indecisive, so DH and I talked and we would be okay with floating the cruise deposit for the in-laws cabin if BILs haven't decided if it's fully refundable for awhile. That way we can get the best price for their cabin, since we're covering part of the cost (and our own too), or we're good if BILs back out over the cost. I highly doubt that they will book on opening day, but that will be their issue if the prices go up...

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/united-states/

Agreed. We currently have a Mexican Riviera booked, but would much rather do Hawaii if the price wasn't too much more. I believe the Hawaiian itineraries are longer though, right?

Yes the last time they held Hawaii it was 2 dates for 10 days each. But even if they did 7 days like Norwegian does I would be happy. As I said I would just add Aulani to either the beginning or end of my trip. I think the last time It started on September 7th in Alaska to Hawaii and then the 2nd was September 17th leaving the Hawaiian Islands to Alaska. I would be just as happy if they left from Cali and cut a few days off the trip it might be less expensive for them to have this itinerary as it is. Unless one of their soon to be built cruise ships will be dedicated year round to Hawaii with an optional stop at Aulani Disney may want to think about doing this.

They want an entire signature?!? Who do they think they are? :tongue:

Same here...

I ordered my discounted gift cards from BJs in anticipation of putting down my deposit soon. But, UPS is holding my gift cards hostage!

In the ransom letter they left, UPS is demanding, in exchange for my gift cards, that I give them 1 signature!

Anyone else waiting with bated breath for Friday?? The 15th is when the current deal ends, right?

YES! and yes. I'm hoping we won't have to wait much longer than that. There's just something so exciting about the release of itineraries even if I'm not booking but am keeping my fingers crossed that something in Summer '19 works for us :)

Catalina seems a little random, but maybe as a stop on the way somewhere else? I mean, you can take a day "cruise" to Catalina?
When I planned a day trip to Catalina via the ferry from long beach, they had a schedule of when cruise ships would be there. I think it's a possible stop for cruising up and down the west coast

When I planned a day trip to Catalina via the ferry from long beach, they had a schedule of when cruise ships would be there. I think it's a possible stop for cruising up and down the west coast

I think it's a SoCal girl problem. I wouldn't be particularly enticed to a cruise because of that stop when I could do it daily. But at the same time, Catalina is pretty and I haven't been there in ages. I can't even think of cruise ships there, but it's been a really long time to be honest.

What are everybody's educated guesses about one-way (Barcelona-Rome or Rome-Barcelona) Mediterranean cruises for summer 2019? It seems like a lovely itinerary that we are very interested in.

I think it's a SoCal girl problem. I wouldn't be particularly enticed to a cruise because of that stop when I could do it daily. But at the same time, Catalina is pretty and I haven't been there in ages. I can't even think of cruise ships there, but it's been a really long time to be honest.
I grew up in SoCal. My parents had a boat and at that time that's how most people got to Catalina. We used to go at least 10 times a year. I guess they had a ferry, but I don't think it really got popular until the 90's. Now cruise ships YIKES! I can't imagine how crowded that little island is. I'd like to go back and see it though. I have lots of good childhood memories from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!