Early Morning Flight

SoccerDogWithEars

DIS Veteran
Hello :wave:

DH and I are traveling to London this March. We're flying in and out of Heathrow and staying at an AirBnB near the Turnpike Lane tube station. Our flight back to the US departs at 0700, so I had a couple of questions.

First, what time should we plan on arriving at Heathrow? Is the standard 3 hours for international flights a good rule?

Secondly, if we did need to be traveling around 3/4 in the morning, what is the best way to get to Heathrow? Does the tube run all night (I feel like I've read conflicting reports). Is it best to just call a cab?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have!

I would allow 4 hours for a US flight unless you have checked in the night before. Heathrow can get really busy especially at Security. I would also get a taxi.

I would allow 4 hours for a US flight unless you have checked in the night before. Heathrow can get really busy especially at Security. I would also get a taxi.

Thanks! We actually took the Tube (which proved to be an interesting experience at 3 in the morning.) Security took maybe 20 minutes, so we just enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and watched movies until our flight.

Thanks! We actually took the Tube (which proved to be an interesting experience at 3 in the morning.) Security took maybe 20 minutes, so we just enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and watched movies until our flight.

Hope you had a great time!

We (family of 3) had a pre-booked taxi transport to/from Heathrow to our rented flat in Waterloo last month and it was so easy. Our flight departed at 8 a.m. I'm not one to mess with handling various pieces of luggage on the tube - it's just so cumbersome but that's me. It was so easy and it ended up being about $100 with tip (US$) each way when all was said and done. Well worth it for my piece of mind. There was no traffic at 5 a.m. (on a Thursday) and we had plenty of time to spare. No issues with security. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!