MAGICal Christmas 2008 - December 20, 2008

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. It seems like this will be a very friendly group! There is another thread for this cruise, so I (DW) had found that one first and posted. But, this seems like the one to be on, so we have found a home! We are very excited about the cruise and think it will be amazing to be spending Christmas on the Mickey boat (as my 4 year old likes to call it). Can't wait to meet everyone!:banana:

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. It seems like this will be a very friendly group! There is another thread for this cruise, so I (DW) had found that one first and posted. But, this seems like the one to be on, so we have found a home! We are very excited about the cruise and think it will be amazing to be spending Christmas on the Mickey boat (as my 4 year old likes to call it). Can't wait to meet everyone!:banana:

I looked for the other thread and didn't find it, but I can only go back 5 pages and search isn't working. I saw one for 12/20/07 but not 12/20/08 (looks like 2008 is a leap year as the dates are the same). Anyway, if you have a link to the other thread, we can ask a moderator to combine the two threads into one so we're all together. :cheer2:

I looked for the other thread and didn't find it, but I can only go back 5 pages and search isn't working. I saw one for 12/20/07 but not 12/20/08 (looks like 2008 is a leap year as the dates are the same). Anyway, if you have a link to the other thread, we can ask a moderator to combine the two threads into one so we're all together. :cheer2:

I found the thread...it was on pg 6, but do you know how to have the moderator combine the two? I had to open up threads from the last 2 months in order to find it. If you know, I'd be happy to have the moderator combine them.

I found the thread...it was on pg 6, but do you know how to have the moderator combine the two? I had to open up threads from the last 2 months in order to find it. If you know, I'd be happy to have the moderator combine them.

That's why I couldn't find it. For some reason, we only get to go back 5 pages. And, with search not working, that's not an option either.

Anyway, having the two thread merged should be very easy to do. All you have to do is send a PM (personal message) to one of the moderators and ask to have this thread and the other thread merged together. Up at the top right hand corner, below your userid, just click on Private Messages and it will take you to an area to do the message. If you ask Lisa - lbgraves, or any of the other moderators, -- I'm sure she'll be able to make the merge happen.

If you need any help, just ask!

Ok, merged the two cruise meets threads...hopefully more people will find us now.:goodvibes

I found you!!!

I've been looking for a thread for this cruise but never seemed to find it until now.

We have been on 3 Disney cruises with the family and this Christmas cruise will be our 5th. We have one planned for Feb 08 also. My girls will be in 7th and 9th grade when we take this cruise...that will make them 14 and 12. We booked both of our 2008 cruises on our Feb 3rd Eastern cruise. This Christmas cruise was a surprise to my husband when I booked it. I was reading Christmas trip reports before our Feb cruise and it sounded like so much fun. The double dip is the icing on the cake!

We purchased into DVC in Feb on-board also. We are trying to use points for the Feb 08 cruise but the points are not out yet. If they end up higher than expected, this cruise may be on hold.

Laurie

Laurie - welcome! We're DVCers, too - just passed our one year anniversary, but so far we haven't tried to use points for a cruise, although that's part of what convinced DH that we should go ahead and join DVC since you CAN use them for cruising as well.

And this Christmas cruise is a SURPRISE for my children, too -- we did the Western in Dec. 2005 and had Costa Maya instead of Cozumel and really didn't do anything at Costa Maya. For us, having the double-dip at Castaway Cay AND being on board for Christmas was the selling point for me.

:welcome: Laurie :welcome:

Spring had sprung around here and now we are off and running. Just about every night one of the kids, or both of the kids have some type of activity going. It'll probably be June before things settle down :faint:

We are almost 7 years into DVC and to sound like a lot of other people, we should have bought earlier. It has opened up some tremendous vacation opprotunities for us and because of it, we've also made some wonderful friends. I think at this point we're going to start thinking a little more out of the box and try some other options besides WDW. As much as we love it there, we're ready for a little different vacation.

We do have points at Hilton Head as well as WDW and absolutely love Hilton Head. :love: If you haven't been, you really should try it sometimes. It's so different from a trip to WDW. We just got back this past Sunday from a week there and are all ready to go back.

Welcome to the group, Laurie!! We are also DVC members!! We bought on the first day that VWL was open for sale and we love it!!

I'm with you, Cindy! Spring has sprung and things are crazy around here. We're getting ready for our next cruise in just 3 weeks and I'm also trying to plan a surprise birthday party for Chris and Madison before we leave. Urgg!!!

It seems like many of you are DVC owners. We are owners with Marriott and love it as well. We are actually going to their timeshare at Disneyland Paris this summer. We are very excited as it is our first trip to Paris and we are huge Disney fans, so we get a little adventure for everyone. We have considered trading into a Disney timeshare, but it is more cost effective for us to stay at a Marriott property. Hope everyone is having a nice Easter:goodvibes

I have heard very good things about Marriott.

For us, if we ever venture to sell DVC, we'll probably end up buying a home down in FL that we'd rent out when we were not using it. The catch for us is that with DVC, we also go yearly to their Hilton Head Island resort, and as long as my family enjoys it as much (or more :eek: ) than WDW, there is no way we're going to end up having places in both Florida and South Carolina.

Cindy

Hey everyone - we're finally home from our most recent DCL cruise and now we can look forward to this one!! I can't wait to sail again on the Magic!!!

Amy - welcome back! We are leaving in 2 1/2 months for our next cruise on the Magic and cannot wait! And I know when we get back, we'll begin that oh-so-long wait til we sail again in Dec. 2008.

Hey everyone - we're finally home from our most recent DCL cruise and now we can look forward to this one!! I can't wait to sail again on the Magic!!!

I love your countdown timer---I guess I should add one to my signature too!! :cool1:

Copycats!!! :rotfl2: Just teasin!!! I'm glad that we have something to look forward together again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter