Easiest to hardest for transportation? OKW/SSR/AKL?

We have stayed at all three resorts several times and have consistently had the best transportation at OKW. Even with all of the internal stops it isn't that bad. There are 5 stops. If you are stop #1 then you will have to sit through all of the other stops on the way to the parks but you will be the first off on the way back. It all evens out. While AKV has fewer stops, we have had the longest waits for buses at that resort. Both SSR and OKW have had great bus frequency in our experience.

That said, there will be another DISer who has had the exact opposite experience to ours. That's just the way it works. My advice would be to pick the resort that you like the best and just go with the flow for transportation.

Having stayed at all 3, many times, I would call it a draw. One was no better or worse than others.

SSR and OKW do have more internal stops but they are more centrally located to all of the parks and closer to MK, DHS, and Epcot than AKV. Even the Epcot resorts get horrible reviews for the buses to the MK>

I would never ever pick a Disney resort because of transportation, there are simply too many variables you can never control.

For example say you pick AKL and when you walk up to get the MK bus, it is just pulled out or, you get to the bus stop and it is crowded and you have to wait for another bus.

However say you are at OKW or SSR and just as you walk up, there comes the MK bus and it is not crowded. Also when it makes the rounds to the other bus stops if no one is waiting they don't stop unless someone needs off the bus.

If you do a search you will find horror tales for each one of them in relationship to buses. It also depends on when you go. Going in January is not going to be the same as someone that was at any of these resorts, say during the summer or other busier times.

So you really can not tell.
That was not my experience at SSR in Dec!!! Every bus stopped at every stop. If no one came up after about 10 seconds, the bus will leave. So, yes, they will stop at every stop.

I have stayed at almost every resort at WDW, and all of the DVC resorts there. Every singled resort has it's good points and it's bad points when it comes to transportation. Not one single one has it all. The Epcot resorts have two parks that you can either walk or boat to. The MK resorts have the monorail or boats to MK and the monorail to Epcot. There are those resorts that share routes with other resorts and there are those resorts that have mulitple stops within their own resort. It all depends on what is important to you.

That was not my experience at SSR in Dec!!! Every bus stopped at every stop. If no one came up after about 10 seconds, the bus will leave. So, yes, they will stop at every stop.

I have stayed at almost every resort at WDW, and all of the DVC resorts there. Every singled resort has it's good points and it's bad points when it comes to transportation. Not one single one has it all. The Epcot resorts have two parks that you can either walk or boat to. The MK resorts have the monorail or boats to MK and the monorail to Epcot. There are those resorts that share routes with other resorts and there are those resorts that have mulitple stops within their own resort. It all depends on what is important to you.

While I am sure that is what happened for you, that is not what happened for us, or I would not have shared it. My point being, the situation with buses is impossible to predict. They stopped and waited with you, with us, they slowed down and no one there, they kept on going.

But I agree, no resort has excellent transportation there are pros and cons to all of them, which is why I never pick a resort based on transportation.

I have seen reports on here where people are at the same resort at the same time and one has great experiences with it and the other has horrible. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter