Easter basket ideas for 9 year old girl?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
Hi I'm stuck for ideas for my daughter's Easter basket. She has food allergies and braces so candy is a bit difficult. I feel like she is at a difficult age because she doesn't really play with many toys anymore. Ironically I found tons of things for her 14 year old sister but nothing for her. She likes Harry Potter so I got her the book she is up too. I'll probably get her flip flops too maybe a tsum tsum. Other than that I'm at a loss.

Books, movies, bookmarks with a Harry Potter design? They also do sell a coloring book for Harry Potter if you want a theme. Does she like to write? Possibly a nice journal.

I do apologize, I had a 9 year old boy and LEGO, gift cards, and books was what he liked...I’m terrible at suggestions.

You can get Funko Pop Harry Potter characters. Little rubber figures. Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Hot Topic have them. I believe you can get Harry Potter coloring books.

Nice/fun bath products like bath bombs or fun smelling bath products? Erasers/notepad or fun school products? Hair products like those new stretchy band things that don't leave marks? We are doing flip flops and goggles to get ready for summer. I have done a new swimsuit or pj's in the past as well (my daughter is only 7.5). My daughter loves a trip to Dollar Tree or a special treat to Starbucks (for cake pops, but I'm not sure how that goes with food allergies). We don't do much candy, but my little girl is still young enough for toys so this year she has a board game, LOL ball, and some other trinkets.

My older nieces (8+) all got Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit. They come in a wedge-shaped box and it’s a self-contained game, that doesn’t require a board. It has been a big hit.

My daughter has requested that I not give much candy this year - she's on a health kick. So I got her some of her favorite granola bars, one bag of her favorite chocolate - Dove, 2 gift cards to places she shops at with friends (she is 18), cards against humanity because she and her friends play card games like that all the time - and I wouldn't get that for your 9 year old!, some nail polish in colors she likes, a couple of bath scrunchies, and I'm looking for one more thing to fill the basket.
I'm thinking maybe the tshirt I saw in Hot Topic that she liked but didn't buy.

Art supplies, if she's into that sort of thing - if she likes coloring, a set of good colored pencils like Prismacolor might be a hit. Add a more mature coloring book if she'd like it.
One year about that age, I bought DD a bunch of Tshirts from a store she was newly into, and just rolled them up and tied each with ribbon, and put them in her basket
Bubble bath (I'm thinking more Bath and Body Works, less Mr Bubbles LOL)
Jump rope or other outdoor items like that
Fun/goofy socks
Video Game if she's into any (DD was semi-addicted to her Nintendo DS around that age)

Last edited:

My daughter is eleven, but liked the same things at nine.. This year I got Uno, Dos, and Skip-bo card games. She loves the surprise pack things, so got trolls (on sale for $.98 each at Target.com! ), tsum tsum, and cars 3.

In past years I have done the small Disney bean bag characters, fun socks, nail polish and assorted items to care for her nails, hair accessories, bubbles, play-doh, Barbie clothes, chapstick, mad libs, etc.

My kids are going to be 8, 9, 11 and 11. Last year they LOVED the "little" fidget type toys we got. Some Stuff that I had as kid.
Magnetic Gyro or they also call them Rail twirler / twister that light up
Toroflux or Geoflux ...its so very FUN!

I never did a lot of candy in Easter baskets. At 9, I would do a swim suit, spring/summer clothes, new water shoes, bubbles (fancy ones at that age - glow in the dark or giant ones), jump rope, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter