Eastern Excursion with 5 year old boy

Favorite Auntie

<font color=red>8 Disney nieces & nephews!<br><fon
I am going on the Eastern Cruise with my 5 year old nephew on November 29th. I am trying to find an excusion we can do on St Martin or St Thomas. I was hoping for a trip that involved the water and swimming or something. I know he could do the two flags or the butterfly farm, but I think those would bore him...He is a good swimmer..... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:D

I would think that pretty much any of the beach tours that weren't snorkle intensive would be fine. I haven't been there but a friend with children raves about Magens Bay (hope I spelled that right).

You could call DCL and ask them as well--I think they often ahve info that they don't publish about shore excursions.

Anne

Just a point of info..

My kids didn't want to leave the ship and the club to do any excusion. Too busy playing with their new friends.

Hi Auntie!!

My 5 year old loved Coral World and Coki Beach on St. Thomas.

We did this on our own. Just got in a taxi to COral World. We made sure to get there in time for the shark feeding and this was great. They even got to touch a small brown shark (sand shark I think) there were lots of Iguanas roaming around and many other exhibits. We had lunch there--we brought sandwhiches from the ship and then walked right next door to Coki Beach. This is a small sandy beach with tons of fish and very shallow. My 5 year old would stand waist deep in the water and look at the fish with her swim goggles and just holding her breath. She did this for about an hour and still talks about it 2 years later. We spent about 2 hours on the beach and then grabbed a cab back to the ship. It was a great day.

St. Martin-- I did the catamaran snorkel trip with my 8 year old and my 5 year old stayed on the ship with grandma. Then we went and got our hair braided. NOt much help for you but it was still a great day!!

I agree, if you get the opportunity 'Coral World' is really a wonderful adventure. Our family did this excursion on our own w/o any problems and it was definitely one of the highlights of our crusie! Afterwards, we went nx door to Coki Beach for swimming in the cool crystal clear aqua blue water. Later we enjoyed a picnic we'd brought from the ship. It was a wonderful day!!

Coral World entrance fee, appx $9 children - $18 adult
The ticket gives you restroom priviliges for the day.

There are many hands on,
that our 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 yr old grands really enjoyed.

Some of the attractions include:
*Underwater Observatory tank where the divers do hand feeding
and you watch the fish come and go.
*Predator Tank- where divers handfeed the sharks.
*Shark Shallows- with help you can pet baby sharks.
*Carribbean Reef Encounter- an 80,000 gal. tank of beautiful diversity coral,
*Touch Pool- handle starfish, sea cumumbers and other touchable sea creatures,
*Marine Gardens- a magical World of 21 jewel tanks of sea creatures,
*Stingray Pool - feed and touch the silky stingrays
*Turtle Pool- where sea turtles swim by the sea
*Iguana Valley- they congregate here naturally
*Tropical Nature Trail- wander thru this enchanting landscape.
*Also incl: Grill, Bar, Gift Shop.

**Sea Trekkin' -
for an xtra $75 you can rent their special underwater helmet and w/a group go underwater exploring and feed fish.

Also on this property is a dive shop, power rafting, snorkeling, parasailing facility. The men in our grp enjoyed parasailing for $50
pp.

This is an excellent virtual tour link of Coral World.
http://www.coralworldvi.com/9exhibits.htm

Be sure to check out their $3.00 discount coupon.

Thanks for all the great info...I am going to look into Coral World and Coki Beach. I know he might not want to leave the club, but I want him to! He will have plenty of time there on the sea days that we can spend SOME time together! Sounds like that will be a great day on St Thomas. I am not very fond of this island anyway....so this sounds like a great adventure!!

Does anyone know if there are taxi stands or a designated place to catch the taxis??

Thanks!

I just went to their website and there is even a coupon! It looks great, he will love it. And he can bring his snorkel stuff and snorkel right on Coki beach.....

THANKS!:sunny:

Don't worry about finding a taxi, you are barely off the ship and they are waiting for you!

I was actually worrying about a taxi getting BACK to the ship! I have nightmares of it sailing away without me!!!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter