Eat at Home 3!

figment3258

DIS Veteran

Figment3258 - thank you for setting up another thread!

We have had the flu virus sweep thru our family this past week so I am bit behind in posting... We are all on the mend so things are looking up!

Monday - Chicken noodle soup and leftover potato soup
Tuesday - Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, peas
Wednesday- Asian chicken, sesame pasta and broccoli
Thursday - Salmon, brocolli rice and asparagus
Friday - Herb crusted fish, roasted potatoes and zucchini
Thursday - Taco salads

M- Korean Beef, Jasmine Rice and Asian Slaw

T-Greek Chicken, Cubed Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli

W-Tuna Casserole Supreme, Garlic Bread, Garden Salad

T-Turkey Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans

F-Homemade Cheese Pizza, Veggies and Dip

Goodies for the week include brownies and whole wheat applesauce muffins

Tonight: Homemade chicken fingers and homemade fries, veggie tray
Wed: pasta and salad
Thurs: pizza (homemade if I have the energy, frozen if I don't) and veggie tray
Fri: hot dogs and chips/cheesies, salad or veggie tray
Sat: Dinner out at East Side Mario's
Sun: Leftovers

Sunday I made Carbonara - it always reminds me of Rome.

Last night we had meatloaf and mac & cheese.

Tonight we'll have Jambalaya to celebrate Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday). I always start with Zatarain's, then add shrimp and sausage. YUM!

For Ash Wednesday we'll have Cheesy Tuna Hotdish. I cannot find a recipe like mine on the internet. It uses 2 cups of white rice, cooked; 2 cans of tuna, drained; 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup; 1/4 lb of Velveeta, melted; 1 T dried onion flakes and a splash of milk for consistency... OMG! I love it!

Thursday, we'll have Cheeseburgers and tater tots.

Friday I'm going to make Cioppino with a good crusty bread.

Saturday we'll have Steak, Baked Potatoes and Asparagus.

Click on the underlined words for links to recipes.

For Ash Wednesday we'll have Cheesy Tuna Hotdish. I cannot find a recipe like mine on the internet. It uses 2 cups of white rice, cooked; 2 cans of tuna, drained; 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup; 1/4 lb of Velveeta, melted; 1 T dried onion flakes and a splash of milk for consistency... OMG! I love it!

Do you just mix all of this together and bake until heated through? Sounds like something my family would like as far a meatless meals go!

Do you just mix all of this together and bake until heated through? Sounds like something my family would like as far a meatless meals go!

I used to bake it, but now just make it on the stovetop. I make the rice in the microwave rice cooker. While the rice is cooking, I melt the cheese in the pan with the soup, onion flakes, milk and tuna. Then I just mix in the cooked rice and viola... dinner.

If you wanted, you could throw it in the oven and top it with fried onions or potato chips for some crunch... yum!

I used to bake it, but now just make it on the stovetop. I make the rice in the microwave rice cooker. While the rice is cooking, I melt the cheese in the pan with the soup, onion flakes, milk and tuna. Then I just mix in the cooked rice and viola... dinner.

If you wanted, you could throw it in the oven and top it with fried onions or potato chips for some crunch... yum!

Thanks! I'm going to give this a try!

Yay to the new thread!!!
I was sporadically active on the last one, but I will be very active on this one. Dh just got a new job that will have him staying near his work on weeknights. He will stay with my grandma who thankfully lives near his new work. She can't cook for herself, and dh will be at work all day, so my plan is to make meals on the weekends and send him up with enough for the two of them for weeknights. That should be interesting because she doesn't eat much or like much anymore. The whole family had been pitching in to make her meals, but since my husband will be with her 4nights a week, I should do most of it now. So I will be looking for suggestions. That doesn't start for a few more weeks though.

As for this week.. I will update when I make menus tonight. Dh and I were going to do a huge grocery shop today but he came down with the stomach flu.:crazy2:
So I am making..

Tuesday.. baked chicken thighs, potatoes and corn.

1 head of cabbage
1 pkg of boneless chicken (whatever is on sale)
1 onion
2 eggs
Rice 1-1.5 cups
soy sauce

Cook rice (separately)

Cut up chicken and cook in pan with chopped onion and soy sauce
Add cabbage - cook

Take out half for tommorrow
Add Rice & 2 eggs: cook

serves 4 adults

I don't plan week long menus so I don't have it all laid out like you do.

Monday-stuffed eggplant and mashed cauliflower

Tuesday-Paleo beef bourguignon and broccoli

Tonight: Panko crusted halibut chunks in corn tortillas with cabbage slaw, Bolthouse Salsa Ranch dressing and cilantro
Mexican rice on the side
Apple Pie turnovers

Thanks for the new thread!

Last night we ate out, it was awesome! LOL! I love cooking, but it gets old.

Tonight is Red Beans and Rice.

Near future... Marlboro Man Sandwiches, fries
* Chicken fried rice
* Chicken Strips
* Homemade pizza...barbeque chicken, buffalo chicken, sausage onion mushroom
* Meatloaf
* Pork Loin

In laws will be here for the weekend, to watch DS16 in his school play, and to celebrate MILs birthday. We will likely eat out a few times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!