Eat at Home 3!

Saturday- chili, cornbread
Sunday- meatloaf, mac and cheese, green beans
Monday - minestrone soup
Tuesday - turkey breast in slow cooker, mashed potatoes, peas
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- turkey and stuffing casserole
Friday - tilapia, rice, squash

Back from a fun but crazy vacay...so back to planning...this week will be easy plans since everything starts and I gotta get all the trip return work done, too...
Sun - Rotisserie Chicken, Stouffers Mac and Cheese, Strawberries
Mon - Crockpot Lamb Shoulder and Beer Stew (Onion, Carrot, Mushroom, Potato, Thyme, Rosemary), Blueberry Muffins
Tues - Baked Ziti, Roasted Italian Veg (Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms), Clementines
Wed - Stouffers Lasagna, Roasted Green Beans, Sliced Apples
Thurs - Frozen Pizza, Coleslaw, Fruit Smoothies
Fri - Grocery Shop Dinner, Leftovers, or OUT

Last edited:
Wish I was closer so I could bring you some good eats! .

I'm really sorry:sad1:. My sister and her boyfriend live on Tampa Bay. They got out last night and went to friends further north last night, and on to NOLA today. I'm so thankful she's safe, but I am so sad for her that she has to sit and wait to see if she's going to lose her home. So much uncertainty. Sending love and good thoughts to all of you who are displaced or in the path of this storm. :hug:

Westcoastfldisneygirl - Stay safe!!!

Thank you all! It's been such a stressful situation :guilty: we are doing okay here, more of a summer storm.

Its been a while since I have posted. DH is planning to have gastric bypass in Dec so we have revamped our eating completely. We have been following a high protein very low carb diet since June. I have lost 40 pds and he lost almost 80! I am hoping by the time it gets closer he will realize he doesn't need the surgery. Fingers crossed!

Saturday: Kids had hot dogs, spinach artichoke dip. DH and I had chicken sausage and cabbage.
Sunday: Chicken Fajitas. DH and I had ours over lettuce instead of tortillas
Monday: DH is sick so he just wants chicken broth and sugar free jello. Kids will just eat frozen pizza or whatever they want since busy sports night. I will eat chicken sausage, cottage cheese and fruit
Tuesday: Veggie Shepherds pie
Wednesday: Tilapia, mac and cheese, salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Football game so kids will eat at game and DH and I will eat eggs, turkey bacon, cottage cheese, fruit

Sun-crockpot pork tenderloin for DH, tortellini alfredo with bacon and peas
Mon-leftover pork tenderloin for DH, eggs, fruit, fried mushrooms, french toast
Tues-sausages and salad for DH, chicken burgers and tator tots, salad and fruit
Wed-leftover sausages for DH, grilled cheese and fruit or broccoli
Thurs-fish for DH, chicken parm, spaghetti, broccoli

Well, Irma is done. Headed back home tomorrow. I hope everyone in Irma's path is okay and safe! That was a nasty storm. Ready to get back on the meal planning train. I am sick of canned soup and oatmeal. Our neighbor let us know we have power again, we didn't have to much left in the fridge/freezer but it's probably all a loss, and no damage to the house or fence (the yard apparently is a mess), however we did lose our avocado tree :sad: my office is closed until Thursday. We are safe (including our dog) that's all that matters! Curious to see what my house and yard look like.

Anyway, tentative plan for the rest of the week (not sure what days, and days of leftovers of course)

-Slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo
-Penne pasta with homemade red sauce (going to make more and freeze) with meatballs and salad
-Meatball subs with some kind of freezer veggie

We are back from Disney. The rest of the week will be...

Wed- Roasted chicken, green beans with garlic
Thurs- Chicken fried cauliflower rice
Fri- Chicken and broccoli cheese casserole
Sat - taco salad
Sunday - kielbasa and roasted vegetables

Last edited:

Sat- nachos as we still have leftovers that need to be used from a party
Sun- marinated chicken and steamed veg
Mon- french toast or waffles with berries, bacon if they want it
Tues- spaghetti bolognese
Wed- slowcooker cooker honey and balsamic beef rolls with salad
Thurs- leftovers or grilled cheese
Fri- chili con Carne and rice

Menu Plan

Saturday- out to dinner
Sunday - chicken chili/cornbread
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - tilapia, rice, veggie
Wednesday- waffles, fruit
Thursday - taco soup
Friday - enchiladas, rice, beans

Monday: I have an exam for work. Going out after to celebrate it being over!:love:
Tuesday: Turkey burgers with pepperjack cheese, salad, alexa waffle fries
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Chicken and dumplings
Friday: Flying to NY for my BIL's wedding early in the morning, and going to the rehearsal dinner that night (H is the best man and I'm a bridesmaid)
Saturday: BIL's wedding!
Sunday: Back from NY. Fettuchini with alfredo, broccoli and tomatoes http://www.cooks.com/recipe/fh7sh2m4/fettuccine-alfredo-with-broccoli-and-tomatoes.html

Tonight we had dinner out
Tomorrow is pork roast with sweet potatoes and corn
Monday is stuffed pepper soup with fresh bread
Tuesday is stuffed shells and salad
Wednesday is tacos
Thursday is beef brisket with potatoes and carrots
Friday is lemon chicken with rice and vegetables
Saturday is leftovers

Pot roast, French onion soup, green beans
Chicken sausage sautéed with cabbage, peppers, and onions
Grilled chicken, brussel sprouts, Peas
Grilled chicken salad
breakfast, biscuits for the kid, sausage gravy, eggs, fried green tomatoes
Shredded pork nachos
Chili

Man, this is "back to all activities week" and life is nuts...but I bought a lot of "easy" groceries this week, so we'll see how it goes...

Sun (oldest ate with youth group, we got home at 6pm - had quick and easy dinner she hates) - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Sliced Strawberries, Pineapple and Banana Smoothies
Mon (split dinner - 3 kids 1st and then oldest and adults) - Kids - Cheese Ravioli with Jarred Sauce / Adults - Spruced Up Betty Crocker Pasta Salad (Pepperoni, Carmelized Onions and Cremini Mushrooms, Fresh Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Mozz) - All - Sliced Strawberries and Grapes
Tues (late dinner) - Deluxe Cheeseburgers, Buttered Corn on the Cob, Sliced Peaches
Wed (late dinner) - Crockpot Butter Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower, Sliced Plums
Thurs - Chicken Fajitas, Sliced Apples
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Cucumber Salad, Smoothies
Sat - OUT or Grocery Meal or Leftovers

All Beef Nitrate Free Hot Dogs and buns are available any night I pitch plans or a kid doesn't want what we're eating...I also am ready to throw the pizza in any night it's too crazy and wait on the planned meal:)...And I have a Stouffer's Mac and Cheese also at the ready, so a meal may get tossed to next week:)...just wanted to be ready for how tiring and how much time it takes to run everyone around everywhere every day (plus handle the back-to-learning)...

I need to use up leftovers, and I want to use up some of my pantry stash. So I need to plan our meals!

Tonight...
Steak, potato, egg scramble, with biscuits and fruit
Tuesday
French Dip sandwiches (crockpot), roasted sweet tators
Wednesday
Pork cutlets, farro with tomatoes and onions
Thursday
Bratts
Friday
Chicken and rice

Saturday- take out
Sunday - ham, corn, okra, tomato gravy over biscuits
Monday - grilled chicken Chinese salad
Tuesday - pot roast with carrots over grits Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - sheet pan fajitas
Friday - chicken and dressing casserole

Yesterday--dinner out for date night at a hipster latin place. I had steak, partner had the most elegant tamale I've ever seen.
Today--fasting. I did, however, put up 3 gallons of dill pickles, 1 gallon of Mexican pickled veggies, and a half gallon of pickled green beans (all lacto-fermented, not canned). They'll be ready to eat in a week or two.
Tomorrow-- surf and turf, mushrooms, green beans, salad, homemade french bread, and a cake of some sort
Sunday--shepherds pie, roasted carrots
Monday-- Korean bbq pork, rice (and cauliflower rice), kimchi and side dishes

Fri-chicken fajitas
Sat-fasting
Sun-pork chops and rice with broccoli
Mon-ham and eggs, french toast for the kiddies
Tues-pizza
Wed-soup and grilled cheese
Thurs-pasta

I made this recipe last night and served it over broccoli. It was easy and delicious. I made it with chicken thighs which made it cheaper (and tastier!)

https://therecipecritic.com/2016/05/creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/

My kids have activities 4 nights a week so I find I make easy things during the week and more fun things on Friday. Tonight DH and I have a date night and my parents will buy the girls pizza.

Mon - Cauliflower fried rice http://allrecipes.com/recipe/236284/cauliflower-fried-rice/
Tues - Trader Joes meatloaf and broccoli
Wed - Leftovers and frozen pizza for the kids
Thurs - Trader Joes orange chiclen and broccoli
Fri - creamy garlic chicken
Sat - Date night
Sun - either pot roast with brussels sprouts or chinese chicken salad

I don't love the Trader Joes frozen foods, but I can get dinner on the table in under 15 minutes and keep us away from Fast Food or other take out. Monday night we have choir from 4 - 6. Tuesday we have gymnastics from 5 - 6:30. Wednesdays we have soccer from 6 - 7. Thursday is gymnastics from 5:30 - 6:30. The only night we eat dinner before the activities is soccer otherwise it's too early.

My next meal plan! Things are crazy the next two weeks with me being out of town for training again and then all the special events leading up to Grand Opening. Yikes! Got to make sure I eat well and get my rest.

Sunday: Burgers, baked beans, German potato salad

Monday: 8-5 L/O

Tuesday: OOT

Wednesday: OOT

Thursday: OOT

Friday: Salmon, roasted broccoli, rice

Saturday: 1-5 Eggs, toast, hashbrowns, sausage

Sunday: Chili and cornbread

Monday: 8-12 L/O

Tuesday: 12:30-9 L/O

Wednesday: 6-3 Tilapia, roasted squash, pasta side

Thursday: Slow cooker balsamic and brown sugar chicken and vegetables

Friday: 8-3 L/O

Saturday: 9-6:30 L/O

Going very Italian this week b/c of sales...still crazy schedules, so dinners are simple or make ahead and pop in...
Sun (oldest eats at youth group) - Stouffer's Lasagna, Caesar Salad, Strawberries
Mon (3 youngest, 3 oldest split dinner) - Youngest - Cheese Ravioli with Sauce / Oldest - Stuffed Peppers with Italian Sausage, Carmelized Onions, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Bread Crumb / All - More Strawberries
Tues (late dinner) - My "Ratatouille" (Eggplant, Tomato, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms) over Pasta with Meatballs, Grapes
Wed (late dinner) - Cheeseburgers, Corns on the Cob, Veg Tray (Carrots, Cucumber, Tomatoes)
Thurs (crazy day - most likely to skip for Hot Dogs or Stouffer's Mac, but I have a plan) - Homemade Baked Ziti, Remaining Caesar Salad, Sliced Apples
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Smoothies, Leftovers
Sat - OUT or Grocery Meal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!