Eat at Home 3!

Pork nachos
Big Mac salad
Italian sausage with peppers
Hamburger steak with peppers and onions
Pot roast with mushroom gravy
Chicken Indian dish
Some kind of Chinese pork

I have to shop Tuesday, but I've got Sunday and Monday...
Sun - Poor Man's Pork Stroganoff over Orzo, Homemade Peach Banana Muffins, Strawberries
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Style (done in a 9x13 with just a top crust), More Strawberries
Tues (my plan may change) - Cranberry Orange Marinated Baked Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Clementine Sauce

I have been following this thread for what seems like forever! Thank you all so much for posting and giving me some great meal ideas.
I decided I would finally jump in here too.

Mon- Spaghetti, Caesar Salad and garlic bread knots.

Tues- Grilled Burgers, fries, pasta salad

Wed- Butter Chicken, Basmatti rice, Naan

Th- DSS has a football game so Chili Cheese Dogs, chips and apple and banana jello.

Will plan for next week and shop on Friday!

Ok, I have been jumping in and out of this thread for awhile. Just looking at ideas. Then the other day, I looked at our bank statement for the last 14 days or so and added up what we spent in eating out (mostly fast food). I almost fainted!!!!

So, now its cook at home or bring from home!
Supper
Monday: Roast and gravy, rice, candied carrots, salad

Tuesday: Red Beans and rice with sausage, cole slaw

Wednesday: Honey Mustard Chicken breast, baked sweet potatoes, green limas, salad

Thursday: Hot RB sandwiches, fries, Salad

Friday: Red Bean Stew, cole slaw

Saturday: taking the dgd's to the fair so probably corn dogs!

Sunday: Pork Chops, rice and gravy, field peas (dh's favorite meal)

Lunch (since that is where a LOT of my budget goes!)

Monday: Tuna Salad
Tuesday: Baked Potato with Roast and gravy
Wedneday: Leftover Red beans and rice
Thursday: Honey Mustard Chicken on Salad
Friday: Asian Salad with Teriyaki Chicken

Monday: Pumpkin spice pancakes, blueberries and raspberries
Tuesday: Slow cooker mac and cheese, salad
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers.
Thursday>Sunday afternoon will be in NC for my best friend's wedding on Saturday-I'm the MOH:lovestruc
Sunday: Going to Chilis with a gift card we got for Christmas last year and never used (o_O) since we won't feel like cooking.

I have to shop Tuesday, but I've got Sunday and Monday...
Sun - Poor Man's Pork Stroganoff over Orzo, Homemade Peach Banana Muffins, Strawberries
Mon - Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Style (done in a 9x13 with just a top crust), More Strawberries
Tues (my plan may change) - Cranberry Orange Marinated Baked Chicken Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Clementine Sauce

This is how I finished the week...
Wed - Lamb Rib Irish Stew, Cheesy Biscuits
Thurs - Italian Soup (used 2 containers of Pacific Foods organic low sodium roasted pepper and tomato soup as a base since I had these from a Amazon crazy deal where they were $.70/each 32 oz - added fresh tomatoes, onions, celery, carrots, roasted bell peppers, pepperoni, spicy pepper topping, garlic, salt and pepper, milk to bulk it up into a dinner), Orzo (some served the soup over plain orzo - I did not), Peach Cobbler
Fri - Cheesesteak Ravioli (Aldi's deal), Carmelized Onion and Sundried Tomato Balsamic topping (homemade), Strawberries
Sat - Sandwiches, Chips, Fruit at a Fall Fest (picnic:))...

Still need to shop for next week, but this week worked out well:)...

Here is my plan for the next two weeks. I lost my job last week and am applying to new ones like a crazy person so this could change. Super easy meals since I have been having issues with motivation due to depression and anxiety. Even leaving the house has been hard. But I will get through it.

Sunday: Rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots

Monday: L/O

Tuesday: Chicken Nachos

Wednesday: Fried rice

Thursday: L/O

Friday: Hot dogs, slaw, and baked beans

Saturday: L/O

Sunday: L/O

Monday: Vegetable Manicotti

Tuesday: L/O

Wednesday: L/O

Thursday: Hamburger Helper

Friday: L/O

Saturday: ??

Sat- out, DH made burgers at a friend's place
Sun- roast pumpkin and pine nut salad
Mon- veg soup and rolls
Tues- homemade pizzas
Wed- orange and fennel chicken strips with veg
Thurs- sandwiches or leftovers
Fri- beef burritos

Saturday - lentil soup
Sunday - Thai red curry
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - chicken fried rice
Wednesday- pot roast
Thursday - chili and jalapeño cornbread
Friday - leftover chili over sweet potatoes

Sunday: Fish tacos, beans, rice
Monday: Coconut chicken curry, basmati rice, naan
Tuesday: Zuppa Toscano Soup, French bread
Wednesday: Beef & broccoli ramen stir fry
Thursday: Carnitas, beans, rice
Friday: Nachos w/ leftover carnitas
Saturday: Tomato tortellini soup

Sun -Rotisserie Chicken, Asian Salad, Strawberries, Pina Colada Smoothies (aka 5 minute dinner after Church)
Mon (split dinner, but can stay in crock) - Crockpot Sante Fe Chicken (using a black bean salsa, so just adding the whole jar and not worrying about separate black beans and corn:)), Tostitoes, Clementines
Tues - BBQ Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Asparagus, Grapes
Wed - Sloppy Joes, Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, More Strawberries
Thurs - Mac and Cheese Casserole, Leftover Roasted Broccoli or Asparagus, Apple Slices
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Smoothies, Leftovers
Sat - Out

Just wanted to stop in. I have not been eating at home as mom was placed back in the hospital and is now in hospice. It has been a very rough few weeks and I am trying so hard to get by.

Sunday - Grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans. Carrot cake for dessert
Monday - Shepard's pie
Tuesday - Shrimp penne w/ crusty bread
Wednesday - Pizza
Thursday - Monetery chicken melts and salad
Friday - Calzones
Saturday - TBD (leftovers??)

I also made a big pot of broccoli cheddar soup and baked some banana bread muffins for lunches.

Just wanted to stop in. I have not been eating at home as mom was placed back in the hospital and is now in hospice. It has been a very rough few weeks and I am trying so hard to get by.
*hugs* You and your family will be in my thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear that. Sending strength to you.

This weeks menu...

Sunday - Spent the day in dd's university town visiting. Four hours of driving but we put chili in the crockpot this morning so dinner was ready when we got home :).

Monday- BBQ pork chops, loaded cauliflower bake, garden salad

Tuesday- Breakfast for dinner (omlettes, toast, fruit)

Wednesday - Spaghetti with bolognese sauce (spaghetti squash for me)

Thursday- Chicken/Veggie dumplings , fried rice

Friday- Homemade pizzas and salad

Saturday - Roast turkey and gravy, sweet potatoes , broccoli

Sunday - Probably dinner at my parents

Lunches this week..
Homemade Minnestrone
Leftover Chili
Leftover Pasta
Sandwiches

Thanks everyone. It has been hard but I have an amazing support system.

@LilyWDW so sorry about your job loss. I also have anxiety and know how hard dealing with everything is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter