Eat at Home 3!

So, we are out of Thanksgiving leftovers somehow already...so I'm cooking today...I don't have my full week plans yet, but thanks to Aldi's discounting 85-15 ground beef under $2.50/lb and selling fresh pico for $.79 (another thing they had to get rid of, on top of $.25 fresh cranberry bags - yes, I got 6 to freeze for breads and fresh sauces:)), I'm making CHILI today! So, here's today's and tomorrow's plan...

Sat - Beef and Bean Chili - toppings of cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chips to dip, Homemade Apple and Fresh Cranberry Muffins
Sun - Restaurant-style Nachos (chili, fresh guac, cheddar, sour cream, shredded lettuce, pico), Leftover Muffins - fun football food:)...

So, I went shopping today and organic, steriod and antibiotic free turkey breasts were 49 cents/lb (vs the pre-Thanksgiving price of $3.99/lb)...I wish I had tons of freezer space, but I only grabbed 2 - one I'm making tomorrow in a crockpot (this is a 1st, but this turkey says it will work and it will fit - we'll see:)...

Mon - Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings, Blackberry/Strawberry/Banana Fruit Crisp
Tues - Steak Fajitas with Lettuce, Pico, Fresh Avocado, Sour Cream, Fresh Pineapple
Wed - Crockpot Turkey Breast, Scalloped Potatoes (another stupid good deal), Green Bean Casserole (another stupid good deal), Strawberries
Thurs - Leftover Turkey, Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, Red Grapes, Blueberry and Pomegranate Muffins (homemade)
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Caesar Salad, Pina Colada Smoothies
Sat - Murder Mystery Dinner Party with Friends - as hosts, we are bringing Roasted Chicken Breast and Roasted Portobello Mushroom with Raw Bruschetta Topping, the Roasted Italian Veg Platter, the Gluten-Free Bread and Olive Oil Dip, the Champagne Fruit Soup, and the Wines (including a homemade Italian Sangria) - others folks are filling in the apps, sides, and desserts:)...

Last edited:
So over the turkey!!! Lol

This week
Monday - Hot dogs, fries, beans and fruit salad

Tuesday - Ham, peas, fried cinnamon apples, Mac n cheese, rolls

Wednesday - Blueberry Pancakes, eggs and ham

Thursday - Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and Caesar Salad

Friday - Out to Dinner for DH's birthday!

So, I went shopping today and organic, steriod and antibiotic free turkey breasts were 49 cents/lb (vs the pre-Thanksgiving price of $3.99/lb)...I wish I had tons of freezer space, but I only grabbed 2 - one I'm making tomorrow in a crockpot (this is a 1st, but this turkey says it will work and it will fit - we'll see:)...

Mon - Chicken and Shrimp Dumplings, Blackberry/Strawberry/Banana Fruit Crisp
Tues - Steak Fajitas with Lettuce, Pico, Fresh Avocado, Sour Cream, Fresh Pineapple
Wed - Crockpot Turkey Breast, Scalloped Potatoes (another stupid good deal), Green Bean Casserole (another stupid good deal), Strawberries
Thurs - Leftover Turkey, Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, Red Grapes, Blueberry and Pomegranate Muffins (homemade)
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Caesar Salad, Pina Colada Smoothies
Sat - Murder Mystery Dinner Party with Friends - as hosts, we are bringing Roasted Chicken Breast and Roasted Portobello Mushroom with Raw Bruschetta Topping, the Roasted Italian Veg Platter, the Gluten-Free Bread and Olive Oil Dip, the Champagne Fruit Soup, and the Wines (including a homemade Italian Sangria) - others folks are filling in the apps, sides, and desserts:)...
Just looked up that champagne fruit soup, that looks so good and refreshing

Here is the 2 week plan again! I spent too much on groceries but stocked up on salmon and also got a pork shoulder I didn't plan on since it was .99/lb. Threw it in the freezer and will make it in a few weeks in the crockpot. Will keep it basic so I can use it for multiple things (sandwiches and salads to start, then will freeze some).

As for these two weeks I plan on salads and sandwiches for lunch, yogurt for breakfast, and chips/hummus with vegetables and pretzels/fruit for snacks.

Sunday: Out with a friend to the German Christmas Market
Monday: BLnoT add A and Broccoli salad (will use leftover broccoli salad for lunches)
Tuesday: Balsamic chicken with roasted vegetables (will use the chicken and vegetables on salads)
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Veggie Curry
Saturday: L/O

Sunday: Steak, eggs, and hashbrowns (will use extra steak for a salad)
Monday: Salmon, roasted sweet potatoes, and broccoli (will use extra salmon and potatoes for a salad)
Tuesday: Creamy Italian Chicken (slow cooker) with egg noodles
Friday: Veggie stir fry

Saturday - tacos, corn, avocado/black bean salad
Sunday- chicken tikka masala
Monday - beef stroganoff
Tuesday - stuffed acorn squash
Wednesday- 15 bean soup
Thursday - leftovers
Friday- thai red curry

In the midst of the cooking and prep for tonight (cranberry, pineapple, and clementine sangria - check!:))...but I have tomorrow's plan before I go shopping (my fridge is currently bursting with all foods I won't be eating)...
Sun - Korean-marinated chicken thighs with Korean winter radish and winter radish greens and onion (and any leftover veg from tonight's veg tray)...aka Korean Chicken Stew, White Rice, Sliced Apples

Had emergency surgery Friday (laparoscopic andomenal) so this week's plan will have to be an easy one and allow for DH to take over if need be.

Sunday - Steak Fajitas, Mexican roasted corn and rice

Monday - Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad

Tues- Italian Chicken , Basmati Rice, Asparagus , cressant rolls

Wed- Blueberry Pancakes, Eggs and Sausage Links

Thurs- Chili , Cornbread and fruit salad

In the midst of the cooking and prep for tonight (cranberry, pineapple, and clementine sangria - check!:))...but I have tomorrow's plan before I go shopping (my fridge is currently bursting with all foods I won't be eating)...
Sun - Korean-marinated chicken thighs with Korean winter radish and winter radish greens and onion (and any leftover veg from tonight's veg tray)...aka Korean Chicken Stew, White Rice, Sliced Apples

So, today's dinner is in the crockpot and last night's leftovers have gotten planned out for a few days:)...here goes...
Sun - Korean-marinated chicken thighs with Korean winter radish and winter radish greens and onion (and leftover blanched cauliflower)...aka Korean Chicken Stew, Banana Choco Muffins (forgot bananas in macedonia:)), Sliced Apples
Mon - (Split dinner) - Leftovers for adults / Frozen Cheese pizza, leftover veg tray baby carrots with dip
Tues - Leftover Tomato Bruschetta topping and leftover grape tomatoes and white mushrooms turned into Veg Tomato Sauce, Meatballs, and Spaghetti
Wed - Leftover Blanched Broccoli becomes Broccoli Cheese Soup, Caesar Salad, Double Berry Muffins
Thurs - Leftover Blanched Green Beans becomes Roasted Green Beans with French Fried Onion topping (leftover from Thanksgiving - 2 birds, one stone) with BBQ Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Fri - ANOTHER PARTY - This one is for my teen and is a 50's Malt Shop Murder Mystery, so we are serving dessert only - LOTS of ice cream and all the making of banana splits and root beer floats plus someone is bringing Shirley Temples (3 kids with no allergies come from dairy-free allergy homes, so they are drooling at the thought of unlimited ice cream I'll have) - I'll probably make chocolate chip cookies and then I have 4 types of mini candies for topping (with whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate sauce, salted caramel sauce, fresh strawberry sauce, fresh bananas, cherries, and some salted nuts and 2 types of ice cream - vanilla and chocolate to keep it easy and able to feed 13 kids plus 2 parents:)) - So, dinner is gonna be leftovers or sandwiches and VERY, VERY light (since all my kids will get to have the dessert feast)...
Sat - TBD (We are going to the free Church Christmas party and lunch, so we'll see what folks want for dinner and what leftovers are - I forsee a fruit smoothie coming this day or next)

Although 2 parties for 13+ in 6 days...don't know what I was thinking...although the whiplash from adult-only vegan healthy cruise ship dinner to teen malt shop gorgefest - at least they'll be way different:)...

Monday: Slow cooker santa fe chicken over brown rice https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts/
Tuesday: Spinach alfredo pasta and salad
Wednesday: I have my late night at work. I'm eating leftovers there, H will have leftovers at home
Thursday: Grilled chicken caesar salads, dinner rolls
Friday: Slow cooker mac and cheese, green beans
Saturday: Going to a Christmas party
Sunday: We are helping friends unpack at their new house, and they are ordering pizza

Saturday- cube steak, mashed potatoes and green beans
Sunday - chili and cornbread
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - chicken stir fry
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - pot roast
Friday - take out

Parties are all over - finally! So, yesterday, while getting parties supplies, found an amazing deal for fresh atlantic salmon filets glazed in honey dijon ($4.25/lb), so I got 2 lbs expecting to be snowed in today:)...so canceling our OUT day today, and planning an IN...here's today's plan...I'm gonna sort my fridge and freezer for the rest of my plans:)...

Sat - Baked Honey Dijon Atlantic Salmon Filets, Honey Dijon Roasted Cauliflower (gonna make my own sauce and continue the flavor through the veg), Sliced Strawberries, Biscuits

Saturday: Zuppa Toscana soup with dinner rolls
Sunday: Lasagna and caesar salad
Monday: Chili night
Tuesday: Shrimp and spinach alfredo
Wednesday: Going out in the evening, will have dinner out
Thursday: Stir fry
Friday: Work Christmas party, dinner out

Monday: Chicken spaghetti
Tuesday: Black bean and cheese Enchiladas, chips and salsa
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Bacon, eggs, English muffins, some kind of fruit
Friday: Going to an ugly sweater party
Saturday: My inlaws are going to be in town. We are grilling steaks and marinated chicken, and having crockpot mac and cheese and salad. My MIL is bringing 7 later bars for dessert
Sunday: Either leftovers or frozen pizza

So here is my plan. I only need a couple of vegetables, a pack of cheese, buns, sage, eggs, and flour to make all these meals. My goal was to shrink my pantry and freezer. Instead it seems fuller.
1. Beef chili
2. Beef chili leftovers
3. Chicken chili
4. Chicken chili leftovers
5. Italian sausage, bell pepper spaghetti thing
6. Grilled cheese/turkey/bacon and a side I have to figure out.
7. Chicken Alfredo and green beans
8. Turkey and gravy, green beans and sliced dressing
9. Chicken Parmesan and whatever vegetable I have
10. Mongolian chicken and broccoli

We are not doing fancy Christmas food this year, I am over spending $100 and 8 hours cooking for a ten minute meal. I am planning...
Waffles (kid choice)
Keto sausage balls (my choice)
Deviled eggs (hubby choice)
Hamburger sliders (hubby choice)
Something involving jello (kid choice)
General Tso chicken (my choice)
It will be a junktastic snacky Christmas.

So, I never posted this week, but I guess I should...then I can plan the next one:)...

Sun - We had Papa John's Pizza with a deal and the Groupon return - added fresh strawberries
Mon - Crockpot Indian Butter Chicken (with Breasts) with Cauliflower and Onion over Rice, Fresh Strawberries and Bananas
Tues - Kids had Xmas parties, so threw in 2 frozen pizzas and had more strawberries and bananas for those hungry afterwards (had a whole pizza left - used at lunch Wed)
Wed - Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas, Clementines, Homemade Guacamole and Chips
Thurs - (Hosted 4 teens) - Homemade Banana and Dark Chocolate Pancakes, Tater Tots, Clementines and Apple Slices
Fri - Baked Lemon Dill Salmon Fillets (on sale for $4.99/lb through Dec 26 - I see this dinner happening again next week), Roasted Broccoli, Baked Fries (for kids), and Last of Clementines and Strawberries
Sat - Rotisserie Chicken, Stove Top Stuffing, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Smoothies

I stopped posting a while back because I got lazy but we've still been eating largely at home. Friday is shopping day and therefore begins a new menu week for me, so I'll try to get back into this for today! Hubby following a keto diet so he often eats something different from the rest of us and often has it again the next night.

Fri-rotisserie chicken and green beans for DH/finger foods (chicken fingers, pizza bagels, tator tots, assorted fridge leftovers) with carrot & celery sticks, fruit
Sat-family fun night...going to see the new Star Wars movie and then out to dinner at our favourite restaurant
Sun-roast beef with broccoli for DH/soup, grilled cheese, broccoli
Mon-leftovers for DH/pasta with peas and broccoli
Tues-pork chops for DH/frozen pizza with salad
Wed-leftover pork chops for DH/hamburger helper with fresh fruit and veggie
Thurs-Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole (everyone), whatever veggie we have on hand
Fri-leftovers/clean out fridge for everyone as we head out of town for Christmas early Sat morning!!

Saturday- Chinese take out
Sunday - steaks, baked potatoes and squash
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - BBQ beef, sweet potatoes and beets
Wednesday- crab cakes, rice and veggie
Thursday- chicken fried rice
Friday - leftovers/pizza

Monday: Chicken fingers, alexa waffle fries, fruit
Tuesday: Baked ziti and salad
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Friday: Slow cooker buffalo chicken meatballs, brown rice, corn, broccoli
Saturday: Leftovers with side salads if needed
Sunday: Christmas Eve dinner at my great aunts house. We are bringing a Bruchetta cheese ball and chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars

So, I never posted this week, but I guess I should...then I can plan the next one:)...

Sun - We had Papa John's Pizza with a deal and the Groupon return - added fresh strawberries
Mon - Crockpot Indian Butter Chicken (with Breasts) with Cauliflower and Onion over Rice, Fresh Strawberries and Bananas
Tues - Kids had Xmas parties, so threw in 2 frozen pizzas and had more strawberries and bananas for those hungry afterwards (had a whole pizza left - used at lunch Wed)
Wed - Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas, Clementines, Homemade Guacamole and Chips
Thurs - (Hosted 4 teens) - Homemade Banana and Dark Chocolate Pancakes, Tater Tots, Clementines and Apple Slices
Fri - Baked Lemon Dill Salmon Fillets (on sale for $4.99/lb through Dec 26 - I see this dinner happening again next week), Roasted Broccoli, Baked Fries (for kids), and Last of Clementines and Strawberries
Sat - Rotisserie Chicken, Stove Top Stuffing, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Smoothies

Had a wonderful once-a-year Christmas treats trip to Trader Joe's today...it helped get me set for Sun/Mon dinners, too:)...still planning the rest!
Sun - Ginger-Miso Chicken Dumpling Soup and Harry and David Pear Slices (Gonna use the Trader Joe Ginger Miso Broth, the 2 carcasses of my rotisserie chicken from tonight, and an HMart Dumpling Bag - should be pretty awesome if today's taste test is any indication - the pears were also at TJ's for only $8/box, so I splurged:))
Mon - Mandarin Orange Chicken Bites (Trader Joe's Bag), White Rice, Clementines and Bananas

Here is my 2 weeks of meals:
Breakfast: Oatmeal or yogurt
Lunch: Sandwiches or soup
Snacks: Cheese sandwich crackers, apple sauce, hummus with pretzels or baby carrots, popcorn, christmas cookies.
Dinners:
Sunday: Pulled pork sandwiches (slow cookers pork butt), slaw, and potato salad (will make the pork basic and add the sauce after so I can freeze extra meat)
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Veggie fried rice
Friday: Tacos

Sunday: Xmas Eve Olive Garden Salad, red lobster biscuits, mozzarella sticks, and apple pie with ice cream
Monday: Xmas day @ aunt and uncle's house
Tuesday: Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie
Friday: Pancakes and sausage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!