Eat at Home 3!

Super excited to have found this thread! I'm always looking for new meal ideas. Here's what I have planned for week of 3/10:
Sunday - Taco salad
Monday - Mediterranean chicken with couscous, Pita bread and hummus
Tuesday - Mexican rice bowls with Pork, black beans and cilantro lime rice
Wed - Salmon, baked potatoes, and pea pods
Thurs - spaghetti and Caesar salad
Fri - corned beef and cabbage

So my trip last weekend to the local Indian and Asian Groceries was a huge success! I found so many awesome things for great prices and I only really scratched the surface of what they had. Like, barely scratched the surface. I was a little overwhelmed lol. So I will be going back next weekend to go through everything much slower and by myself, but you will already see a couple new dishes that were inspired by my trip on this plan.

Breakfast: Yogurt, fruit, peanut butter crackers, frozen breakfast sandwiches
Lunch: Leftovers, sandwiches, canned soup

Saturday: Frozen pizza
Sunday: Turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, gravy, and rolls
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Spicy Udon and vegetable stir fry (carrots, spinach, green onion, and red bell pepper)
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Dijon/brown sugar salmon and roasted asparagus

Sunday: Chicken Enchiladas (stuffed with chicken, cheese, black beans, and corn with a sour cream and green chili sauce)
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Spaghetti with garlic bread
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Oyakodon (Chicken and egg rice bowl)

Fri-turkey dinner
Sat-leftovers
Sun-chicken and noodles
Mon-chicken fajitas
Tues-Brinner
Wed-turkey pot pie
Thurs-leftovers

Monday: Cheesy chicken tortilla casserole
Tuesday: Gnocchi with tomatoes and mozzarella, salad
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Black bean burgers (no bun for me), tater tots
Friday: Tomato soup, grilled cheese, leftover tater lots
Saturday: St Patty's Day party at a friends' house
Sunday: Not sure. I have a bridal shower in the afternoon and H works late.

Sunday - Chicken Tandoori Naan Pizza, salad
Monday - Green Chile Chicken Quesadillas, beans, rice
Tuesday - Chili and Cornbread
Wednesday - Chili Dogs, fries
Thursday - Out for a co-workers retirement dinner
Friday - Irish Beef Stew
Saturday - Going to a local theme park with our cousins who just adopted an adorable 16 month old boy and not sure when we'll get home, so we'll probably go out or have leftovers

Okay, food is bought - let me gets my initial thoughts here...
Sun - Grocery Subs, Homemade Banana Choco-Chip Muffins, Sliced Stawberries
Mon - Turkey Cheddar Deluxe Burgers (Lettuce, Tomato, Carmelized Onions, Dijonaise), Baked Fries, Homemade Cream of Asparagus Soup, Nectarine Slices
Tues - Baked Fried Chicken Tenders over Waffles drizzled with Honey and Mustard, More Strawberries and Bananas
Wed - Baked Thai Peanut Chicken, Roasted Korean Radish, Sliced Apples/Pears
Thurs - BLTs, Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad with Veg, Homemade Chick-Fil-A Fruit Salad
Fri - Spaghetti with Homemade White Clam and Mussel Sauce, Sauteed Taiwanese Spinach (hope this is like reg spinach, but HMart journey of discovery), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Out (Groupon for a Mall Halal/Mex mix place and then free cheesecake slice pick ups)

I start my new job tomorrow and am excited and nervous. I am most excited because now I will home by 6pm every night so I can actually cook real dinners. I planned out th next two weeks based on my freezer and pantry products. Plus I am getting a hello fresh box this week

My menu plan for the next two weeks

Tonight- lemon chicken pasta with zucchini
Monday- Hawaiian pizzas
Tuesday- steak caprese with mozzarella, tomatoes, and herbed Potatoes (hello fresh)
Wednesday- lemony cheese tortellini (hello fresh)
Thursday- Swedish meatloaves with mashed potatoes, carrots, and currant jam (hello fresh)
Friday- local church fish fry
Saturday- my friends for a st Patrick’s day party

Sunday- corned beef with roasted potatoes and corn
Monday- leftovers
Tuesday- vegetable beef soup with biscuits
Wednesday- chicken Caesar salad with fruit
Thursday- grilled cheese with tomato soup
Friday- pizza and wings
Saturday- Roasted chicken with sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts

Lots of great dinner plans and ideas here!!! I just love this thread.
Here is our menu this week

Monday ( tonight ) grilled pork chops, oven roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus and salad
Tuesday lasagna ( premade yesterday )
Wednesday - Parent teacher interviews - so We treat the kids for a meal out after because they are pretty great kids ::yes::
Thursday - sweet and spicy marinated chicken kabobs, rice, brussel sprouts and probably veggies and dip for the kiddos and salada
Friday Left overs

Tonight (Monday)- hamburger steaks, broccoli, mac n cheese
Tuesday- DH and DS off to cub scouts so they usually pick something up or throw together sandwiches real quick
Wednesday- dinner at my inlaws
Thursday- basil shredded chicken and parmesan over zucchini noodles
Friday- family dinner out (unless DS and DH do hunter safety course then I will just eat a sandwich or LO at home)
Saturday- family dinner out if they did hunter safety course on Friday evening, Spaghetti pie if not
Sunday- we have late lunch at my inlaws and usually just grab a bowl of cereal or similar when we get back in from church that night

Monday - ravioli casserole, spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday- chicken tacos, rice, beans
Wednesday- homemade steak and cheese subs with shaved steak, fries
Thursday - My Biirtbday, haven't decided if I want to go out or just order take out
Friday - corned beef in the slow cooker and potatoes
Saturday - out with friends to celebrate Birthday, pizza for kids
Sunday - chili, hot dogs

Well we are part way into the week, but I forgot to make the menu on Sunday so here it is..

Sunday- we all had leftovers or grilled cheese. It was a lazy day and nobody felt like a big dinner.
Monday- chili
Tuesday- Roast chicken, Parmesan egg noodles, baked cauliflower , carrot sticks
Wednesday- Pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner.. pancakes, omlettes and fruit
Friday- Birthday dinner at my inlaws
Saturday- not sure yet..

Okay, food is bought - let me gets my initial thoughts here...
Sun - Grocery Subs, Homemade Banana Choco-Chip Muffins, Sliced Stawberries
Mon - Turkey Cheddar Deluxe Burgers (Lettuce, Tomato, Carmelized Onions, Dijonaise), Baked Fries, Homemade Cream of Asparagus Soup, Nectarine Slices
Tues - Baked Fried Chicken Tenders over Waffles drizzled with Honey and Mustard, More Strawberries and Bananas
Wed - Baked Thai Peanut Chicken, Roasted Korean Radish, Sliced Apples/Pears
Thurs - BLTs, Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad with Veg, Homemade Chick-Fil-A Fruit Salad
Fri - Spaghetti with Homemade White Clam and Mussel Sauce, Sauteed Taiwanese Spinach (hope this is like reg spinach, but HMart journey of discovery), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Out (Groupon for a Mall Halal/Mex mix place and then free cheesecake slice pick ups)

So, I still can't seem to make chicken - this week, I made everything but the 2 chicken dishes, subbing in a Potato/Ham/Corn Chowder with Biscuits and Smoothies and a Hamburger Helper meal (lord, my spouse - it was his request and I made him happy - I haven't made it in 9 months, and the boxes did need to be used, and he ate the leftovers for lunch, so I can't be too sad)...for this coming week, I have cabbage...and at 19 cents/lb, I have 3 small cabbages (which cost me 95 cents total), so I'll be working around that and putting my chicken dishes back in...

Sun - Braised Beef Tortellini (great deal on fancy deli tortellini - ended up with fresh pasta for 10 for $5 total) in a Pesto sauce, Balsamic Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks, Strawberries
Mon - White Fish Taco Salads with Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw and Chipotle Mayo on those new Fiesta Flat shells, Black Bean/Corn/Tomato Salad
Tues - BBQ Chicken Tenders, Regular Cole Slaw (Cabbage, Carrots, White Dressing), Apple Blueberry Muffins
Wed - (Try #2) Baked Fried Chicken Tenders over Waffles drizzled with Honey and Mustard, Strawberries and Bananas
Thurs - Lamb and Lentil Crockpot Stew (extra veg from the week and any last cabbage), Biscuits, Clementines
Fri (youngest birthday dinner request) - Stouffers Mac and Cheese and Cherry Berry Fruit Smoothies with Baskin Robbins Ice Cream cake for dessert (I have a localflavor gift cert that makes this 1/2 off, so score)
Sat - Out (TBD - Youngest's choice)

Last edited:
Monday: Cheese ravioli, Caesar salad
Tuesday: Crockpot Caesar chicken, green beans, brown rice
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Pancakes, pineapple, raspberries and blueberries
Friday:Late night at work for H. I'll have soup or something easy here
Saturday: Mini cheesburgers and alexa waffle fries
Sunday: Taco mac

Menu Plan - Week of 3/17
Saturday- steaks, mashed cauliflower and asparagus
Sunday - Mexican grilled chicken salad
Monday - salmon, rice, broccoli
Tuesday - tacos / taco salad
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - grilled brats, mac n cheese, zucchini
Friday - chicken and peppers, leftover zucchini, corn

Veggie night - clear out the fridge night. Soup beans, broccoli, carrots, Asian salad, deviled eggs, asparagus soup.
Egg roll in a bowl
Beef burgundy roast and green beans
Taco salad
Some sort of Indian chicken (sauce from a jar) on cauliflower, mixed veggies
Chef salad
Pork chops, baked apples, cabbage, peas

Yesterday: chick-fil-a copycat recipe (half-fail...will reattempt)
Chicken stir fry and rice
Hamburgers and tots
Turkey, mashed potatoes (it's going to be cold and dreary, and I'd like the freezer space back)
Turkey sandwiches and chips
Homemade turkey noodle soup with homemade egg noodles
Tacos or chicken salad, depending on the weather

<--- Is sick... again. Already called out from work tomorrow and have a doctors appointment. After the appointment I will have to swing by the store since we are expecting snow ALL day on Saturday. It stinks but I would normally go Saturday and don't want to wait until Sunday so I do what I have to do.

Here is my plan:
Breakfast: Yogurt, Peanut Butter Crackers, Breakfast Sandwiches
Lunch: Leftovers, Salad, Chicken/Tuna Salad
Dinner:
Tonight was peanut butter toast and chocolate milk... I am not feeling well at all.
Tomorrow: Oyakodon
Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs, pasta side
Tuesday: Out with a friend for cheap Mexican
Thursday: Teriyaki Salmon, rice, and broccoli
Friday: (off, I am going back to the Indian and Asian Groceries so I can spend more time exploring) BLnoT add A, Tater Tots
Saturday: Japchae
Sunday: Easter- Brunch at my Aunt and Uncle's house with the family
Tuesday: Greek Chicken Burgers in Pita (vegetable to be decided)
Thursday: 15 Minute Chicken Curry with rice and broccoli
Friday: L/O

I forgot to post menus for last week but we ate at home all but one night which was great considering it was my son, daughter and husbands birthdays all last week. I made a lot of birthday dinners and cakes. Last night we worked until 5, took the dogs to the vet, my son to the dentist, went to the library and the bank and the pharmacy. By the time we could even think about eating it was 7:30 and we grabbed fast food. This weekend is a tournament for my son and it’s about a 75 minute drive from here. One game tonight, three games tomorrow , one on Sunday. We are going to try really hard to only eat out once. We have too many big expenses coming up to waste hundreds eating out all weekend.
Anyway..
Tonight - Spaghetti and meatballs before the boys ran out the door.
Saturday - this will have to be dinner out because we are out from 7am to 8pm. I am bringing sandwiches and snacks and drinks in a cooler for lunch and we will have team dinner at a restaurant
Sunday-Will put something in the crock pot. I am thinking a pork roast
Monday- BBQ chicken, baked sweet potatoes, salad
Tuesday- Wraps (Seasoned beef, veggies, cheese, sour cream in a soft tortilla)
Wednesday- Buffalo Chicken Penne
Thursday- Breakfast for dinner
Friday - My mom is doing a big Easter dinner
Saturday- Something quick and easy here.. soup and sandwiches maybe
Sunday- Easter dinner at my SIL’s

Yesterday: chick-fil-a copycat recipe (half-fail...will reattempt)
Chicken stir fry and rice
Hamburgers and tots
Chicken and green beans
Chicken nachos and/or salad
Going out for dinner with the youngest to celebrate her grades: Pizza
Homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles
5 out of 6 nights is a HUGE move for us! And also, I'm out of chicken in the freezer. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!