Eat at Home 3!

Target had chicken breasts on sale so I bought a huge pack, brought them home & baked 5 with seasonings. Tonight I took about 1/2 of one & chopped it up to put on a salad with greens, bell peppers and cheese topped with a few French fried onions and a mix of ranch dressing & salsa. Really good and filling.

Tomorrow will be simple because we have theatre tickets. Maybe something with the leftover chicken. It does need to be used up.

Today--chicken chile verde, fresh strawberries (from the farm down the road) and whipped cream
Friday-- Cobb salad
Saturday-- my 6 month anniversary: crab legs, homemade french bread, asparagus, salad, some fru fru dessert
Sunday-- family bbq bbq chicken, couscous salad, green beans, german chocolate cake (I'm only responsible for making the cake)
Monday-- Palek paneer and basmati rice

Menu Plan for this week ...
Tonight - Leftovers mostly .. meatball subs, corn/peas , soup
Saturday - Dinner at a winery with my extended family for Fathers Day for my dad
Sunday - Dinner at the cottage for my FIL/ Dh’S Father’s Day . I’m bring a Greek salad
Monday - Bbq Chicken , salad, roast potatoes
Tuesday - Shepard’s Pie
Wednesday -chili
Thursday -hamburgers , roast cauliflower , fries
Friday - Breakfast for dinner or homemade pizzas.

Last edited:
So I am changing things up a bit. With my new diet, I am having to go to the store pretty much every weekend for salad stuff and fresh fruit. So instead of planning for 2 weeks and shopping for 2 weeks I am going to plan for 2 weeks but only shop for 1 week. Still means the second week will be a smaller trip usually.

Breakfast: Yogurt or individual baked egg muffins, nuts
Lunch: Salads
Snacks: Cottage cheese, hummus with veggies, popcorn, fruit bars

Saturday: Out to lunch with a friend so dinner will be scrambled eggs and toast most likely
Sunday: Pulled pork sandwiches with mustard BBQ sauce, cole slaw, corn on the cob
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) L/O
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O
Thursday: Green chili ground chicken tacos, black beans, veggie
Friday: L/O

Just got back from our WDW trip last night so I menu planned and went to the store today. We're grilling some of the meats tonight so just have to do the sides during the week. Here's what's for dinner this week:

BBQ basil burgers with chips & dip
creamy crock pot chicken supreme with spinach and cheesy rolls
berry bbq ribs with mashed potatoes
lemon chicken pasta with veggies
maple soy glazed pork chops with green beans and rice
tortellini, mozzarella, and tomato skewers with basil dip

Sydney hope your trip was nice.

This is the beginning of summer break for us

I’ve planned:
Pork chops
Sloppy joes
Philly steak and cheese
Waffles and sausage
Leftovers

This week...
Father’s Day leftover pork, corn on the cob, and cucumbers
Kielbasa and leftover roasted vegetables in some sort of cream sauce on pasta
Stroganoff, corn on the cob, and peas
Hamburgers, cucumber salad, fruit salad
Soup beans and corn bread
Cauliflower crust pizza
Taco salad

Back from our 9 day vacation to Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls Ontario, and Columbus OH...now back to real life. Here's what the shortened week has in store (hit Aldi's today to get us through)...
Mon - Cleaned out the last of the good fridge produce and had Aldi's Pear and Gorgonzola Ravioli in a browned butter sauce with a Mango, Frozen Banana, Frozen Peach, Apple Cider and Banana Yogurt smoothie (we wanted something light after eating at Bob Evans for lunch on the road - originally, we were gonna take out, but then it was 7pm and no one wanted to get up...this turned out to be the perfect unplanned meal)...
Tues - Aldi Baked Chicken Patty Sandwiches with Homemade Dijonaise and Iceberg Lettuce, Fresh Corn on the Cob, Choice of Fresh Pineapple and Green Grapes (some like one and some like the other)
Wed - Teriyaki Baked Chicken Breast, Egg and Mushroom Fried Rice, Choice of Fresh Watermelon or Plums (some like one and some like the other)
Thurs - Chicken Tacos with Cheddar, Lettuce, and Salsa, Refried Black Beans, Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
Fri - All Beef Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut, Onion Sauce, Mustard and Relish, Roasted Red Potatoes with Garlic and Dill, Fruit Smoothie (whatever I have left)
Sat - Date Night - Kids will get the $5.99 carryout large Pizza Hut deal and we will use a Local Flavor certificate to Chinese or Middle Eastern food - makes for a very cheap night (I have 3 certificates to use in 60 days, so 3 dates coming)...we may use Safeway Monpoly game free tickets to see Jurassic World if the kids don't want to go...if they do, we may see a different movie...

First time posting here! I love this idea and its helping me from repeating recipes!

We had a late night Sunday as we went to Pittsburgh to see the Pirates play. I knew if I didn't go to the store when we got home, our week of food would be a mess and a lot of takeout. So a quick trip to Kroger!

Monday - turkey sloppy joes with a side of fries and peas
Tuesday- Grilled chicken salad
Wednesday - leftovers as my boyfriend will be out of town for work that evening
Thursday - tacos with spanish rice, chips and guac
Friday - I'll be a wine event with my mom, so they'll provide dinner. DB will probably have a frozen pizza and a side salad.
Saturday - Date night! We may just eat at home and then head to the movies but we haven't been to a decent dinner in quite a few weeks (maybe even months) so I'm thinking maybe our local Italian place! I also have some swagbucks I'm cashing in that I can put towards that as well!

Happy to be here with you all :)

Alright, I definitely fell off the horse last week. We had a lot of family visiting for the past 4-5 days for my fiancé's graduate hooding, so there were a lot of restaurants in the mix:

Sunday - Pork chops, baked sweet potato, veggies
Monday - Pasta with meatballs
Tuesday - Chicken, potatoes, veggies
Wednesday - Burgers, potatoes, asparagus (all cooked on the grill)
Thursday - (restaurant): BBQ chicken salad
Friday - (restaurant): burger & side salad
Saturday - (restaurant): truffle burger & sweet potato fries

Stayed on point all weekend with no meals out...we did splurge and buy steaks for grilled steaks for Father's Day. But other than that...we have not strayed and had take out.
the plan for the remainder of the week

Tonight - Tuesday - Hamburgers with veggies and dip - it's nice and hot here so enjoying the heat while we have it
Wednesday - Turkey/Rice lettuce wraps
Thursday - smokies with perogies and veggies and dip - working second job
Friday - either grilled chicken with parmesan garlic potatoes and veggie medley ( fridge veggie clean out ) or pizza...I can't decide. See how tired I am on Friday.

I'm thinking turkey taco bowls for dinner tonight:

-ground turkey, cooked with spices, a can of diced tomatoes and a bell pepper & onion frozen blend
-brown rice
-black beans
-salsa
-lettuce
-cheese

Its simple to make & everyone can customize to their palate.

Cleaned and organized the freezer today. Planning on the fridge and, maybe, the pantry tomorrow. For now this is what is planned based on what I know we have.

Th: B - eggos and smoothies, L - grilled veggie and rice bowls / corn dogs and chips, D - cauliflower stir fry and mini egg rolls
F: B - eggos and smoothies, L - leftovers, D - BBQ chicken sandwiches and grilled corn on the cob
Sat: B - bacon and eggs, L - leftovers, D - pasta primavera (Blue Apron meal)

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week :)

Back from our 9 day vacation to Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls Ontario, and Columbus OH...now back to real life. Here's what the shortened week has in store (hit Aldi's today to get us through)...
Mon - Cleaned out the last of the good fridge produce and had Aldi's Pear and Gorgonzola Ravioli in a browned butter sauce with a Mango, Frozen Banana, Frozen Peach, Apple Cider and Banana Yogurt smoothie (we wanted something light after eating at Bob Evans for lunch on the road - originally, we were gonna take out, but then it was 7pm and no one wanted to get up...this turned out to be the perfect unplanned meal)...
Tues - Aldi Baked Chicken Patty Sandwiches with Homemade Dijonaise and Iceberg Lettuce, Fresh Corn on the Cob, Choice of Fresh Pineapple and Green Grapes (some like one and some like the other)
Wed - Teriyaki Baked Chicken Breast, Egg and Mushroom Fried Rice, Choice of Fresh Watermelon or Plums (some like one and some like the other)
Thurs - Chicken Tacos with Cheddar, Lettuce, and Salsa, Refried Black Beans, Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
Fri - All Beef Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut, Onion Sauce, Mustard and Relish, Roasted Red Potatoes with Garlic and Dill, Fruit Smoothie (whatever I have left)
Sat - Date Night - Kids will get the $5.99 carryout large Pizza Hut deal and we will use a Local Flavor certificate to Chinese or Middle Eastern food - makes for a very cheap night (I have 3 certificates to use in 60 days, so 3 dates coming)...we may use Safeway Monpoly game free tickets to see Jurassic World if the kids don't want to go...if they do, we may see a different movie...

So, I decided against the chicken breast this week, and actually made Korean-marinated Beef Short Ribs in the crockpot (so good)...since there were no leftovers, I moved the hotdogs to Thursday and had sandwiches last night...so stayed mostly to plan.

In great news for me, I managed to hit my grocery when they were doing a big "meat purge" in their meat department. I missed the 39 cents/lb turkeys (which bummed me), but I got 14 lbs of 80% ground beef for $1.49/lb and 1 lb of 93% ground turkey for $1.49/lb (someone must have scooped these up, too). They were also clearancing dairy and deli lunch meat, so I got 32 oz of ricotta for $2 and tons of Chobani for 50 cents each and 2 lbs of Primo sliced deli meat and a 1/2 lb of American cheese for $10 total (haven't seen that good a price in months)...so it was a nice trip:). With the new ground beef, I'm gonna throw some in this week...and my spouse and I decided we did want pizza, so we're moving date night to Sunday night (although watching Thor R on Netflix tonight) and having pizza both nights (once with the whole family and leftovers for the kids). So, without further adieu, here's the plan...

Sun - Date Night - Leftover Pizza and Smoothies for the kids
Mon - Beef Meatloaf (probably American-style), Mashed Potatoes, Green Pea Salad with Mint and Red Wine Vinegar, Strawberries
Tues - Spaghetti and All-Beef Meatballs meets Lasagna (saw this on Beat Bobby Flay, so I'm gonna make a regular spaghetti and meatballs and then make a seasoned ricotta and parm to dollop on the top - Fabio and Bobby did this, and it looked perfect and easy), Fresh Peaches
Wed - Beef Tacos (Beef, Cheese, Lettuce, Salsa, Diced Avocadoes), Refried Beans with Salsa and Cheese, Red Grapes
Thurs - Fun Food Night - All Beef Hot Dogs, Homemade Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Chips, Fruit Salad (Strawberries, Peaches, Grapes, Bananas)
Fri - Breakfast Night (haven't done this in awhile) - Homemade Old-Fashioned Pancakes, Homemade Fruit Topping (whatever I have left that needs to go), Bacon, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT (I'll figure out where next week - might be time to use my Red Robin gift certificates again b/c they are starting to pile up)

Here is this weeks meal plan. I am already working on the next 2 weeks. Luckily today is a leftover day as my water is currently turned off due to a leak somewhere in the system. Fingers crossed it is not a huge problem and can be easily fixed. This is also my last week to work from home *cries*.

Saturday: L/O
Sunday: Spinach chicken casserole, roasted potatoes, sprialized zucchini
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) L/O
Wednesday: (WFH) Instant Pot Thai Red Curry with Chicken and rice and steamed broccoli
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O

Off today so we're grilling stuff for the week tonight. Here's the plan:

Sun (off): grilled steak tacos with fruit salad and cinnamon chips (wish they were churros...)
Mon (8-5): chicken enchilada dip in the crock pot
Tue (8-5):spicy shrimp or chicken pitas with homemade coleslaw
Wed (1-10): mandarin pork and veggie stir fry
Thu (off):garden spaghetti
Fri (1-10): jalapeno lime chicken and corn
Sat (8-5): eat out after church

I ended up making a few changes last week. I added fajitas and the waffles were toast and eggs.

This week I’m planning:
Mongolian beef
Applebee’s Chinese chicken salad
Mexican (chimichangas and enchiladas)
Roasted chicken
Pizza
And leftovers.

The nice part is I have almost everything in house now. Just have to pick up some fresh veggies and fruit.

Menu Plan - Week of June 23
Saturday- cheeseburger casserole
Sunday - out to dinner
Monday - grilled salmon, stuffed clams, squash
Tuesday- Asian chicken salad
Wednesday- Cobb salad
Thursday - pulled pork, roasted potatoes, wax beans
Friday - leftovers

Taco salad
Chef salad
Sausage and peppers
Pork loin, cauliflower, peas
Fri-Sun we are working a festival. I am going to make a Greek pasta salad with chicken in it, chicken salad, fruit salad, and supplement the rest with club sandwiches.

Ugh, the past few days have been a bust. I was on plan for most of last week and our date night Saturday still happened, but we also added in a Pirate game (tickets were free and so was the food as they were Lexus club seats) and we ate lunch out Sunday afternoon. I did my shopping Sunday evening and have the week planned. Forgot my lunch today at work though so had to order out :worried:

Tonight - bacon bbq chicken sandwiches with veggies and fries
Tuesday - cheese tortellini with marina, garlic bread, and a salad
Wednesday - left overs
Thursday - kansas city style ribs, baked sweet potatoes and veggies
Friday - pot roast with carrots and baby potatoes (mashed potatoes for DB who's on vacation this week and can keep an eye on my crockpot for me).
Saturday - leftovers or something easy.

I even went over my grocery budget this week. I just did not plan well at all for some reason. Ugh. Normally I'm pretty good but I'll just have to move along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!