Eat at Home 3!

Jumping back on board- we don’t eat out much, but I was getting neat meal ideas here

Mon- we had salmon, rice and brussel sprouts
Tue- baked spaghetti from MIL (she had DD2 for the day so had dinner all ready for us)
Wed- DH is making salmon loaf with leftover salmon (we cooked a whole fish) with rice and veg
Thurs- DH and I are going out for date night with a GC, DD14 and DD2 leftovers
Fri- red curry chicken with veg and rice
Sat- my mom group night out, DH and DDs- homemade pizza
Sun- crock pot roast, potatoes, veg

Welcome back DnA2010! Hope life's been good for you.

Made my menus for up till Christmas though I will have to go back to the store in between for a few little things. I'm using up a lot of things that have ended up in the fridge. DS1 is visiting for 5 days too so I'm super excited!

Mon (8-5): crock pot roast and potatoes
Tue (off): leftover sausage with baked beans for DH and I
Wed (off): enchiladas made with leftover roast and potatoes- I'm totally making this recipe up so I hope it turns out ok
Thu (8-5): meatball subs and chips/veggies & dip- using up leftover meatballs from last week
Fri (8-5): crock pot turkey, potato, and cheese soup with rolls
Sat (4pm-1am): I'll get something on the way to work, DH will pick up something after church, and DS2 will eat at work
Sun (2:30-11:30); chicken and spinach Alfredo
Mon (10-7): sweet and sour mini sausages with pineapple and rice
Tue (3:30-12:30): Frito pie- I pick DS! up from the airport at noon before going to work
Wed (off): chicken supreme with cheesy mashed potatoes- DS! requested this
Thu (off): going up to Clemson for GF1's graduation at 9am so we should be back for dinner- if we don't end up going out to eat I'll make bbq chicken pizzas
Fri (10-7): Tex-Mex black bean soup and tortilla chips
Sat (5am-2pm): eat out after church- DS1's choice
Sun (off); Asian beef with green beans and rice- DS1 flies back
Mon (6-4): Christmas Eve- eat out Chinese before church- a silly tradition we started after the kids watched "A Christmas Story" and that they insist one every year
Tue (off): Christmas dinner with ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, rolls, and apple pie

Welcome back DnA2010! Hope life's been good for you.

Made my menus for up till Christmas though I will have to go back to the store in between for a few little things. I'm using up a lot of things that have ended up in the fridge. DS1 is visiting for 5 days too so I'm super excited!

Mon (8-5): crock pot roast and potatoes
Tue (off): leftover sausage with baked beans for DH and I
Wed (off): enchiladas made with leftover roast and potatoes- I'm totally making this recipe up so I hope it turns out ok
Thu (8-5): meatball subs and chips/veggies & dip- using up leftover meatballs from last week
Fri (8-5): crock pot turkey, potato, and cheese soup with rolls
Sat (4pm-1am): I'll get something on the way to work, DH will pick up something after church, and DS2 will eat at work
Sun (2:30-11:30); chicken and spinach Alfredo
Mon (10-7): sweet and sour mini sausages with pineapple and rice
Tue (3:30-12:30): Frito pie- I pick DS! up from the airport at noon before going to work
Wed (off): chicken supreme with cheesy mashed potatoes- DS! requested this
Thu (off): going up to Clemson for GF1's graduation at 9am so we should be back for dinner- if we don't end up going out to eat I'll make bbq chicken pizzas
Fri (10-7): Tex-Mex black bean soup and tortilla chips
Sat (5am-2pm): eat out after church- DS1's choice
Sun (off); Asian beef with green beans and rice- DS1 flies back
Mon (6-4): Christmas Eve- eat out Chinese before church- a silly tradition we started after the kids watched "A Christmas Story" and that they insist one every year
Tue (off): Christmas dinner with ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, rolls, and apple pie

Made up recipes are the best kind of recipes:)...and your Christmas Eve tradition is our Christmas one (it gives me the night off, so I don't complain:) - we even do the full duck!:)

Not a lot planned for at home the next few days because we are going out Saturday with friends and then to the coast for our anniversary. Will have a kitchen at the coast, though, so I plan to make a couple dinners in.

Tonight--shishkabob, pilaf, veggies
Tomorrow--sichuan dinner out
Sunday--our anniversary. Seafood out. There's a seafood market at the restaurant we like, so we can pick up fish/crab for the next day(s).
Monday-- dungeness crab, french bread, salad
Tuesday-- cioppino, salad
Wednesday--back home. Something simple, like chicken thighs, squash, potatoes--whatever we can scrounge.

We’ve got nine dinners until Christmas. This is my plan.
1. Double batch of Greek meatballs, and some sort of cold pasta salad. Leftovers for lunch.
2. Double batch spaghetti (we eat a lot of spaghetti but they inhale it so I keep making it). Leftovers for lunch.
3. Baked Greek flavored chicken (I’m a big fan of the meatball spices), green beans
4. Beef burgundy and carrots
5. Sausage pizza and hopefully a salad. My Kroger is being overly cautious and has wiped out the lettuce section. I’ll probaly make extra pizzas for lunch since I’ve already made the mess with the flour and dough.
6. Beef and black bean tacos and hopefully a salad
7. Home made Big Macs and tator tots
8. Chicken and broccoli baked potatoes
9. Sauerbraten, sausages, fancy cheese, fancy mustard, home made pretzels, Rueben casserole, deviled eggs, red cabbage, brussel sprouts

I just need to buy olives, feta cheese, cucumber, spiral pasta, eggs, apples, salad stuff, tator tots, a pack of chicken, broccoli, potatoes, red wine vinegar, carrots, onions, sausages, fancy cheese, fancy mustard, pastrami and red cabbage.

WOW...just placed our grocery order that includes Christmas. Holidays sure do bust the grocery budget, LOL!!! Plus, we have a couple of dinners out that are planned and budgeted for.

Wednesday: (my two DD's and I are going out to dinner, and to Opryland Hotel to see the Christmas lights, so menu is for DH and DS)
Chicken Sandwiches
French Fries

Thursday: (our wedding anniversary)
DH and I will go out for dinner and last minute Christmas shopping, kids plan to pick up sushi.

Friday:
Party at church, I am taking Buffalo Chicken Dip and Tortilla Chips

Saturday: Christmas Baking Day with my mom and kiddos!!!!
Zuppa Tuscana Soup
Garlic Toast

Sunday: (We have a lunch potluck at DH's parent's church, I am taking Sweet Potato Casserole for that). Dinner will be...
Homemade Pizzas

Monday (Christmas Eve at our home with DH's parents):
Smoked Salmon (DH getting a fresh filet at Sam's club to put on the smoker) with Mini Bagels, Cream Cheese and Capers
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Crostini
Cranberry Brie Bites
Vegetable Crudites
Christmas Treats Tray (Rolo Pretzel Turtles, Oreo Truffles, Frosted Shortbread Cookies [family recipe], Pralines)
Sparkling Juice

Tuesday (Christmas Day):

Breakfast
(My parents and DH's parents come to watch our kiddos open gifts, then stay for breakfast.)
Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
Fruit Salad
Sourdough Toast with Jellies and Jams

Dinner (My brother is hosting at his home, so this is what I am taking.)
Baked Ham
Deviled Eggs
Christmas Treats Tray (same as above)

Last edited:
Saturday: Chicken Nachos
Sunday: Sun dried tomato pesto pasta (disneyland copycat recipe)
Monday: Meatball subs
Tuesday: Christmas with the in-laws
Wednesday: Orange Chicken
Thursday: Chili Cheese Dogs
Friday: Pizza

Saturday: mussels steamed in curry cream sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts w/ bacon bits, salad w/ homemade blue cheese dressing, french bread

Sunday: Individual chicken pot pies, green beans amandine, green salad
Monday: kalbi, rice, korean side dishes
Tuesday: Seafood gumbo, french bread, rice, salad, frozen pecan tart

I need to get back on board! The last couple of weeks have been killers and I have been eating out way way way too much. Once the holidays are over, I am getting back on plan when it comes to eating better and eating in. I am also changing my main meal to lunch because of medical issues to see if it helps me sleep better.

This week:
Saturday: Pizza at my aunt and uncle's house after putting up the tree
Sunday: Spicy Vegetable Udon
Monday: Bone in Ribeye, twice baked potato, and roasted asparagus
Tuesday: At my aunt and uncle's house
Wednesday: Vegetarian lasagna
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O

I am finishing out the year with...
Big Mac salad (swapped from burgers and tator tots)
Christmas dinner (sauerbraten, sausages, fancy cheese, fancy mustard, home made pretzels, Rueben casserole, deviled eggs, red cabbage, brussel sprouts)
Bbq pork loaded potatoes and whatever vegetable I have in the freezer
Steak tacos and fancy corn
Charcuterie board
Beef stew
Chicken pot pie
Manwich, tator tots, carrots

I spent $80 at Kroger and $50 at Sams in a week which is way way more than I normally spend. I only need olives to finish up these dinners.

My goal for the New Year is to post here more often. I miss seeing everyone’s ideas and I feel like it keeps me more accountable. I have been doing good with eating at home more but could do better.

This week’s Menu is

Tonight- Ribs with mixed roasted vegetables
Monday- New Year’s Eve at a friend’s house, I am bring dessert
Tuesday- family dinner at my Aunt’s house
Wednesday- sweet and sour crockpot meatballs with rice
Thursday- Cincinnati chili over spaghetti
Friday- sheet pan sesame chicken and vegetables
Saturday- low carb chicken zucchini enchilada roll ups

So, back home and back to meals:)...

Sun - Frozen lasagna, raspberries and grapes
Mon (NYE) - Nacho Choice (both Beef/Bean Nachos and Buffalo Chicken Nachos), Kiwi Berry Salad (Kiwi, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries) and Champagne/Sparkling Apple Cider for dinner...Fake Pineapple Fool and Hershey Heath Snowball Cookies with Coffee and Cocoa for the ball drop
Tues (NYD) - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Sliced Apples
Wed - Sausage/Egg/Garlic Bread/Peppers and Onions Cowboy Casserole, Fruit Salad
Thurs - Chipotle Honey Baked Chicken Breast, Baked Potatoes, Coleslaw
Fri - Carryout Pizza (or Frozen Pizza) with end-of-week Fruit Smoothies and/or Leftovers from the week
Sat - OUT

Tonight: Pasta and garlic bread
Mon: Waffles / Leftovers / Frozen pizza, chili con queso, jalapeno poppers
Tues: Breakfast tacos / Buffalo chicken sandwiches / Chicken tacos
Wed: Oatmeal / Leftovers / BBQ chicken salad
Thurs: Oatmeal / Leftovers / Chicken kabobs
Fri: Oatmeal / Leftovers / Pasta e fagioli
Sat: Breakfast tacos / Leftovers / Broccoli pasta

Happy New Year everyone!

January is my month to clear out some of the pantry and chest freezer. I have meal planned for the entire 31 days for dinners (so far) and this is what I can make with about $55 in groceries for the month. Probably less, I am sure I will find extra vegetables as I make it to the back of the freezer.

Not in any particular order..
4 taco meals with salad, two soft, two crunchy
4 soup beans with ham and onion with corn muffins or biscuits
4 chicken pot pies, their #1 fav meal.
2 Alfredo with salad
1 bbq pork sandwiches (I have this in freezer) and slaw
2 lentil veg soups with fancy bread
2 black bean corn mex rice type skillet thing
4 spaghetti and green beans (their #2 fav meal)
2 loaded chili potatoes with two side vegs
2 loaded ham and cheese loaded potatoes with two side vegs
2 pepper chicken and broccoli
2 Mongolian beef and broccoli

Have goals to reduce food budget and waste this year. I love all of the ideas posted. I am going to try to post each week.

Sunday- veggie lo mein
Monday - white spinach pizza
Tuesday - egg roll in a bowl
Wednesday - buffalo chicken, sweet potato wedges
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - baked chicken legs, quinoa broccoli cheese casserole

WHEW!!! Today I am back to work after a week and a half at home for the holidays. We did great, and ate at home while we were off. DH and I went out to dinner for our anniversary, but we had a gift card. Now, the grocery budget was off the charts the last two weeks, but still less expensive than taking a family of five to restaurants! I am using this week's menu to catch up financially, most meats are from the freezer.

Today:
Leftovers- we have a fridge FULL!

Thursday:
Smoked Pork Butt (partial butt in the freezer)
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw

Friday:
Chicken Sandwiches (breaded filets in the freezer)
Baked Fries

Saturday:
Ham and Beans (Christmas ham remnants in the freezer)
Buttermilk Cornbread

Sunday:
Crockpot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Crescent Rolls

Monday:
Work Awards Dinner for DH (pizza for the kids)

Taco Tuesday:
Crunchy Beef Tacos
Refried Beans

I had dropped off posting for awhile. It seemed pointless since I am the only one home from much of the week each week. Yeah, not so much. Every night is either take out or cereal. So I am at it again.
Monday: (was) chicken and dumplings
Tueday: (was) Ribs with potatoes and cabbage, black eyed peas and corn bread
Wednesday: Tomato soup and grilled chesse
Thursday: Left over black eyed peas, with ground beef and rice
Friday: Leftover Ribs and potatoes
Saturday: Meatloaf and baked potatoes
Sunday: Red Beans and Rice with sausage

Not posting a menu this week as I am reworking my diet. I got some blood work done and everything came back good except for my cholesterol. It's not super bad or anything, but enough that I need to watch my diet and get to exercising. I know in the past I have been able to lower it through losing weight and adding exercise, so I hope to be able to do it again.

I am also changing how I eat in that I am making my main meal my lunch (I have a 1 hour lunch at work and they have 2 fridges with freezers, microwaves, toaster, and toaster oven). Recently I have found that eating less in the evenings lessens my heartburn, stomach issues, and I sleep better! So I am hoping to stick with that.

Can't wait for another year of awesome meal ideas! We can do it!!!!

Menu Plan - week of 1/4

No particular order -

Ham/bean soup
Pot Roast, carrots, potatoes
Bourbon chicken, rice, broccoli
Spaghetti, green beans
Ham, macaroni and cheese, peas
Leftovers

So, back home and back to meals:)...

Sun - Frozen lasagna, raspberries and grapes
Mon (NYE) - Nacho Choice (both Beef/Bean Nachos and Buffalo Chicken Nachos), Kiwi Berry Salad (Kiwi, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries) and Champagne/Sparkling Apple Cider for dinner...Fake Pineapple Fool and Hershey Heath Snowball Cookies with Coffee and Cocoa for the ball drop
Tues (NYD) - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots, Sliced Apples
Wed - Sausage/Egg/Garlic Bread/Peppers and Onions Cowboy Casserole, Fruit Salad
Thurs - Chipotle Honey Baked Chicken Breast, Baked Potatoes, Coleslaw
Fri - Carryout Pizza (or Frozen Pizza) with end-of-week Fruit Smoothies and/or Leftovers from the week
Sat - OUT

Skipped Thurs and Fri b/c I went freezer-diving and came up with old lamb loin chops and burgers...so I made a crockpot lamb chop meal (which was awesome) for Thurs and Cheseburgers and fries for Fri...and then got carryout pizza on Saturday (so no eating out in the literal sense anyway:)...here's the new plan...

Sun - Crockpot Beef and Chinese Broccoli (with added Japanese Eggplant, Carrots, Onions, Seafood Mushrooms, Garlic, Hoison and Soy - thank you HMart - the veg for 6 was under $4 to fill the pot, although the marinated meat was $11 for almost 2 lbs...win some, lose some when feeding that many:)), White Rice, Blueberries and Bananas
Mon - (taking last week's meal with a few changes) Chipotle Honey Baked Chicken Breast, Stovetop Stuffing, Roasted Broccoli, Cranberry Sauce
Tues - BLTA's (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado sandwiches), Baked Fries, Roasted Pineapple
Wed - Crockpot Whole Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Grapes and Apples, Homemade Fruit Muffins
Thurs - Chicken Club (or Chicken Salad if no extra bacon) Sandwiches, Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup, Homemade Fruit Smoothies
Fri - Leftovers (if chicken still around) or Frozen Mozzarella Sticks and Wings with Red Leaf Lettuce Chopped Salad
Sat - OUT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!