Eat at Home 3!

Okay, so my produce box got delayed til today, so I waited to plan (b/c I had no idea what's in it). I'm still in "preserve the proteins" mode b/c getting the frozen ones is a pain...but everything else is flowing here, so here's the plan...(I'm making an Italian citrus olive oil cake this week at some point, too, when the regular cooking is light:))...

Sat - Hot Dogs, Baked Fries, Spaghetti Squash with Olive Oil/S&P, Clementines and Bananas
Sun - Bacon Mushroom Bell Pepper and Tomato Pasta http://www.happyandharried.com/2016/07/26/bacon-mushroom-peppers-tomato-pasta/ (something like this, but I'm making dairy free so I'll use nutritional yeast for parm...and I'm adding onions and herbs), Strawberries and Blackberries
Mon - The 1st duck - Crockpot Duck, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Blood Oranges and Regular Orange Slices, Crescent Rolls
Tues - Duck Part 2 - Indian "Butter Chicken" Duck and Veg (Bell Peppers, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Chick Pea), Naan, Sliced Pears
Wed - Duck Part 3 - Crockpot Duck and Veg Stew - Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Carrots, Celery, Rutabegas, Leftover Duck Jus, and Orange Sauce - Rice, Sliced Apples
Thurs - Garlic Glaze Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms and Onions, Bananas and Sliced Citrus Fruit
Fri - Vegetarian Spring Rolls (from freezer) Citrus Glazed Roasted Beets, Homemade Fruit Muffins, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - TBD - Might do a Chick-fil-a Nugget and Fry takeout (one kid asked for this) or a Cheesecake Factory pick up (b/c I have gift cards) - if I decide on CF, I'll probably do it Tuesday, and move the meals down, kicking Thursday's meal here...gotta figure out if I can pick up something dairy free that I can reheat from CF (b/c I'll just have leftovers from here and fries from Chick-fil-a, while I throw the nuggets and fries in the oven for 5)...not as easy a plan with cheesecake factory, then again, I don't want $50 in gift cards getting wasted...

Sliding duck down to Tuesday so it's fully defrosted, so gonna make a ham and bacon potato and veg soup today with tropical bread (pineapple, banana, and coconut)...now, I'll only need 2 meals from the duck, so I'll let the kids go nuts:)...

Sliding duck down to Tuesday so it's fully defrosted, so gonna make a ham and bacon potato and veg soup today with tropical bread (pineapple, banana, and coconut)...now, I'll only need 2 meals from the duck, so I'll let the kids go nuts:)...

Sounds delicious. I still haven't tackled the duck in my freezer. Working up my nerve.

I spent some time this weekend using up some of my 25# bag of flour. Now I have 4 full canisters of flour, but at least it's all out of the bag and stored properly - I don't have a bin large enough for the 25# bag! I made sandwich bread (wheat/oatmeal bread) and 2 big country boules, a batch of biscuits (which I froze without baking- they are for dinner on Wednesday) and a small batch of sugar cookies. I love to bake, and this weekend was dreary and rainy - perfect for comfort baking!

Sunday- thanksgiving meatballs (turkey/sausage/stuffing/onion/celery) with mashed potatoes, gravy and asparagus (started making these when I had leftover stuffing mix, they are now a fam favorite)
Monday- Burgers, crudite
Tuesday- Taco Tuesday
Wednesday- Chicken and Biscuits
Thursday- Leftovers/whatver (my LO requested that we NOT eat dinner as a family, everyone does their own thing and eats when they want. This seems novel and exciting, and I'm happy to indulge :rotfl:)
Friday- Maybe takeout, may be assorted appetizers - something to celebrate getting through another week.

Did well last week and we ate what I had planned.

Saturday: Pizza from local pizza joint (trying to support local places once a week)
Sunday: Burgers, potato salad
Monday: Steak, mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, rolls
Tuesday: Veggie lasagna, left over rolls
Wednesday: Chicken Legs, leftover mashed potatoes, mac and cheese
Thursday: Beef Enchiladas
Friday: Leftovers

Between working at home seven days a week (sooooo many more hours than usual thanks to where I work) and keeping track of kids' schoolwork, I can't really 'plan' meals in advance. I begin each week with a rough idea of what we'll eat, thanks to Costco and 'ugly produce' delivery on weekends. But making lunch and then dinner every day is play it by ear. We keep a list of what needs to be eaten first and pull from the pantry/freezer to fill in.

Last week's dinner was varied. We had black bean/sweet potato chili, lamb kabobs with homemade hummus and baba ganoush, hamburgers with homemade rolls, jambalaya, crawfish pasta, chicken cottage pie, and fish sticks with salad. We also ordered pizza one night and made a salad to go along side of it. Lunches include leftovers, sandwiches, and soup.

This week, I'm planning on pasta with meatballs and roasted broccoli, duck with rice dressing and roasted zucchini and salad, gumbo (with leftover duck and frozen sausage). We're ordering out one night. The rest of the week, we'll pull from the pantry/freezer...we have greens we need to use along with other veg, so we'll probably do a stir fry, and I have a cabbage that I can use for coleslaw and frozen ribs we can reheat in the oven.

Wednesday- black bean burgers, sweet potato fries
Thursday - Mexican chicken in crockpot
Friday - lasagna and asparagus
Saturday- leftovers
Sunday - eggs, sausage, grits
Monday - chicken fried rice
Tuesday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday- bean burritos, corn, Spanish rice

Tomorrow: Baked Alfredo Pasta and salad
Sunday: Sloppy joes and tater tots
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Cheese ravioli with red sauce, meatballs, mixed veggies
Wednesday: Slow cooker chicken tacos, chips and salsa
Thursday: Leftovers

Wednesday- burritos-chili verde pork, beans, rice, shredded cheese and sour cream

Thursday- we had spaghetti with ground beef mixed into Prego mushroom sauce and 5 cheese Texas toast

Friday- taco salad with Frito chips or hard shell tacos, beans and rice

Saturday- airfryer talipia fish, veggie and rice o roni

Sunday- bbq chicken drumsticks, can corn or corn on the cob, baked potato, mash potatoes or potato salad

Hi Cooks! We made it another week. We don't have end goal date but we are moving forward and that's what counts. Safety and good health to all on here.

I didn't make burgers or breakfast this past week so I'll move those into rotation this week.

Sat: Spicy shrimp tacos, pineapple coleslaw, avocado salad
Sun: Dorito casserole with roasted green beans and fresh fruit.
Mon: Crockpot roasted chicken, roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts
Tues: Tacos, rice and fruit
Wed" "Thanksgiving dinner" leftover frozen turkey/roasted chicken I roasted in Jan with stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans and rolls
Thur: Leftover night or make it yourself
Fri: BFD with pancakes. bacon and fruit

I don't think I have thrown out meal planning as it's not like I can be impulsive and say "let's go for beer and wings" but I am being more flexible with my plans and most important my attitude. Our Kroger is now doing free pick up so I have order placed for Sunday evening. Do ya'll (who are old enough to remember this) remember gab bags for few bucks and you never know what was in them. That's how I feel grocery shopping online is now lol I take what I can and figure out the rest and supplement if I have to.

Friday: blue cheese burgers, grilled corn on cob, pasta salad.
Sat: Build your own nacho plates
Sun: Ribs, potato salad, and broccoli slaw
Mon: Any leftover or sandwiches and soup
Tues: Pasta and salad

Everyone stay safe and healthy as possible.

Okay, so my produce box got delayed til today, so I waited to plan (b/c I had no idea what's in it). I'm still in "preserve the proteins" mode b/c getting the frozen ones is a pain...but everything else is flowing here, so here's the plan...(I'm making an Italian citrus olive oil cake this week at some point, too, when the regular cooking is light:))...

Sat - Hot Dogs, Baked Fries, Spaghetti Squash with Olive Oil/S&P, Clementines and Bananas
Sun - Bacon Mushroom Bell Pepper and Tomato Pasta http://www.happyandharried.com/2016/07/26/bacon-mushroom-peppers-tomato-pasta/ (something like this, but I'm making dairy free so I'll use nutritional yeast for parm...and I'm adding onions and herbs), Strawberries and Blackberries
Mon - The 1st duck - Crockpot Duck, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Blood Oranges and Regular Orange Slices, Crescent Rolls
Tues - Duck Part 2 - Indian "Butter Chicken" Duck and Veg (Bell Peppers, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Chick Pea), Naan, Sliced Pears
Wed - Duck Part 3 - Crockpot Duck and Veg Stew - Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Carrots, Celery, Rutabegas, Leftover Duck Jus, and Orange Sauce - Rice, Sliced Apples
Thurs - Garlic Glaze Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms and Onions, Bananas and Sliced Citrus Fruit
Fri - Vegetarian Spring Rolls (from freezer) Citrus Glazed Roasted Beets, Homemade Fruit Muffins, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - TBD - Might do a Chick-fil-a Nugget and Fry takeout (one kid asked for this) or a Cheesecake Factory pick up (b/c I have gift cards) - if I decide on CF, I'll probably do it Tuesday, and move the meals down, kicking Thursday's meal here...gotta figure out if I can pick up something dairy free that I can reheat from CF (b/c I'll just have leftovers from here and fries from Chick-fil-a, while I throw the nuggets and fries in the oven for 5)...not as easy a plan with cheesecake factory, then again, I don't want $50 in gift cards getting wasted...

So, as mentioned, I didn't need to do Thursday's meal...and I'm sliding it off today, too...today, I'm cooking b/c my new misfit produce box is here (with tons of lettuce), but tomorrow, I'm taking a day for me, and letting Red Robin GCs get used for takeout (figure I'll put all burger toppings on the side and rewarm burgers and fries when they get home...and use my toppings from here, and save theirs for later in the week:))...here's the plans...

Sat - Corned Beef (no beef all week, and I'm jonesing for it - thus, Red Robin tomorrow), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, Blackberries and Oranges
Sun - Takeout Red Robin (Burgers, Fries, Sweet Potato Fries), Sliced Apples
Mon - Nachos - Tostitoes, Jarred Chili, 2 Types of Lettuce, Cheese and Sour Cream (for those who can have it), Salsa, Avocados, Lime and Cilantro Dairy Free Crema (for me), Strawberries
Tues - Baked Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard Dip (keeping thighs plain to use twice), Honey Mustard Roasted Cauliflower, Cucumber Dill Salad, Clementines,
Wed - Chicken Salad (Chicken, Celery, Grapes, Herbs, S&P, Mayo) over Lettuce Greens, Roasted Potatoes/Sweet Potatoes/Onions, Homemade Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Thurs - Manwiches, Tater Tots, Roasted Pineapple, Homemade Butternut Squash Pie (for dessert, but listing it b/c it makes up for the less than healthy dinner:))...
Fri - (Last Lent Friday) - Homemade Pizzas with Veg Toppings, Fruit Smoothies, Last of Green Salads
Sat (New Produce Box - if it shows with what it has) - Appetizer Night before Easter Vigil - Chicken Fries, Potato Skins (for those who can have them), Veg Spring Rolls, Berry Fruit Salad (Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries) with Pink Lemon Dressing

Hey all! Hope everyone is surviving and doing well. I'm holding on. We will be work from home for at least 3 more weeks. I'm getting a bit tired of it to be honest. Even as an introvert, this has been going on a bit long for my mental health. But I do know and understand that it is needed so I am doing the best I can. That said, my diet has been out the window and I have gained a lb this past month. So I need to start keeping and eye on that again. No reason to let that happen! Here is my plan for next week (obviously depending on access to items when I go to the store tomorrow):
Breakfast: Eggs, sausage, roasted potatoes
Lunch: Salads and fruit
Dinner:
Tonight/tomorrow: Pasta with roasted zucchini
Monday/Tuesday: Stir fried ramen with beef
Wednesday - Friday: Honey mustard chicken, roasted cabbage, mashed potatoes
Saturday/Sunday: Chicken parmesan, pasta, broccoli

Haven’t posted in awhile but still cooking at home. Well, we are still getting take out once a week and have started picking one local owned place each week. Had the best pizza last week! And fried catfish this past Friday.

Our governor finally signed a “shelter in place” executive order that started Friday. I couldn’t go to the grocery store until Saturday and OH MY! There must have been a huge crowd in that store (small local owned) Thursday and Friday. They were restocking everything but the shelves were empty. Some things we were having to get out of the cases waiting to be put on the shelves.

But we are good for the next couple of weeks or should be except for bread and a few fresh items.

Sunday—pork chops, rice and field peas

Monday—black beans and rice with ham

Tuesday—BBQ country ribs, mashed potatoes, cole slaw

Wednesday—pork roast, sweet potatoes, Lima beans

Thursday—Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, English peas

Friday—take out—probably bbq brisket from another local owned place

Saturday—sausage dogs, fries

Well we didn't eat the lasagna last week or the enchiladas so they are on the menu this week.

I also plan to make chicken fajitas. My husband and daughter have to work a lot of hours this week so will just eat leftovers and may have cereal or pancakes too one day.

Thursday - burgers, corn on the cob, baked beans
Friday - minestrone soup
Saturday - piroshki, beets
Sunday - turkey, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, peas/pearl onions, deviled eggs, rolls and apple crumble
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday- raviolis, zucchini

So meals for next week. I am waiting on my Imperfect Foods delivery. Hopefully it will be here today after being delayed from yesterday. Dinners will not be in any specific order. I figure I am home anyway.

Breakfast: Avocado toast with hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Salads with fruit
Dinner:
Chicken parmesan, pasta, broccoli
Cubed steak, roasted cauliflower, mashed potatoes, white gravy
Soup, mini naan
Spicy veggie udon
Asian cauliflower, rice

Good morning all!
so far I have planned
tonight I took out frozen sauce for spaghetti
saturday we will be getting take out as a treat and I will be busy baking desserts and breads all day for easter
Sunday Happy Easter!!!!!! Ham Potatoes carrots green beans rolls 2 pie and chocolate cake Yum!
Monday Hamburgrs
Tuesday bbq chicken
Wednesday maybe a pork loin
Thursday not sure yet but have plenty of options in the freezer

Tonight is slow cooker turkey, rice and veggie soup with salad (Freezing half of the soup for later)
Tomorrow is leftovers
Sunday: Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli, chocolate brigaderios for dessert
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Taco pasta
Wednesday: Veggie burgers and tater tots
Thursday: Leftovers

I don't think I have thrown out meal planning as it's not like I can be impulsive and say "let's go for beer and wings" but I am being more flexible with my plans and most important my attitude. Our Kroger is now doing free pick up so I have order placed for Sunday evening. Do ya'll (who are old enough to remember this) remember gab bags for few bucks and you never know what was in them. That's how I feel grocery shopping online is now lol I take what I can and figure out the rest and supplement if I have to.

Friday: blue cheese burgers, grilled corn on cob, pasta salad.
Sat: Build your own nacho plates
Sun: Ribs, potato salad, and broccoli slaw
Mon: Any leftover or sandwiches and soup
Tues: Pasta and salad

Everyone stay safe and healthy as possible.

Hi All! I am super sick of my own cooking. Weird thing is I don't miss fast food well I miss Chick Fila but all the other stuff that has drive through windows I don't miss. I have been trying to sub in those "treats" for grocery orders like waffle fries and premade chicken tenders just for easy lunches like chicken tender salads or wraps.

Wed: Old people chili dogs
Thur: Veggie sloppy joes on baked potatoes with garlic green beans
Fri: Crockpot pinto beans, corn bread, potatoes and creamed spinach (ode to my grandparents)
Sat: Leftover pinto beans made into refried beans, with tacos and rice, guac and chips
Sun: Ham and fixings?? I'm thinking just making something completely different will see
Mon: Grilled sandwiches and soup and fruit
Tues: Burgers and waffle fries and veggie

Everyone be safe and have good health.

Yesterday: Chicken paprikash, noodles (a weird shape from TJ's because we were out of egg noodles), asparagus
Today: Lunch: hummus and veggies Dinner: Rice, leftover salad, potstickers (making a huge amount to freeze today)
Saturday: Lunch: fried rice, kung pao chicken/shrimp Dinner: Leftovers and odd/ends
Sunday: Ham, mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans and/or other veggies, dinner rolls

Hi everyone! Hope you all are staying healthy. DH is now officially working from home all days as of last week but I am still working M-F. Last big grocery shop was 3 weeks ago so we did pretty good and have been staying home besides taking the dog for walks and DS goes on runs. DH's co-workers is so sweet- she made masks for all of them and when she found out I was still working she donated 25 for all of our employees! I did a big shop yesterday that should hopefully last another 3 weeks, with the exception of milk and fruit/veggies, considering some things will make leftovers and some main meats will be used in two different dishes. Here's the menu:

Easter dinner- ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & gravy, rolls (the guys just asked for simple)
grilled burgers with tater tots
grilled cumin chicken with guacamole & chips
hot dogs with carrots & Ranch
Frito pie
BBQ sausage with broccoli slaw
spaghetti and meatballs
cocktail meatballs with mashed potatoes
black bean chicken with rice and corn
Hawaiian sliders with fruit
bacon bolognese
beef and cheese skillet supper
chipotle chili sloppy joes with veggies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!