Sat: Dinner out
This week:
Sunday: Blackened catfish po boys, coleslaw, fruit
Monday: Out of house
Tuesday: Chicken salad on croissants, caprese salad, brussel sprouts
Wed: Taco salad with the fixings
Thur: Crockpot ribs, corn on cob, coleslaw and green beans
Friday: Leftovers

Well we ate at home this last week, but my week went left quickly so I'm thankful for lots easy, less prep meals. I cooked up big portion bacon, defrosted some sandwich meat, baked several potatoes and that was various lunches through the week. Big early prep really helped the rest of this past week.
Last week:
Tuesday: chicken salad on croissants, caprese salad, brussel sprouts.
Wednesday: Chili dogs, carrot sticks, fruit
Thursday: Crockpot ribs and veggies
Friday: Homemade calzones and salad
Saturday: Takeout
Sunday: Shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches, veggies and dip and various leftovers for grazing

Monday: Breakfast
Tuesday: Mini meatloafs with mashed potatoes, veggies
Wednesday: Beef stroganoff crockpot style on egg noodles, veggies or salad
Thursday: Green chile enchiladas with rice and beans
Friday: Maybe takeout, maybe something easy like baked chicken tenders salad
Saturday: Homemade Oktoberfest at home! Having few people in our bubble over for German food and beer!
Sunday: Either leftovers or something easy...we will see!

Breakfast: Omelets with veggies and cheese, ham steak
Lunch: Chicken Gnocchi soup and crackers
Dinner:
Tonight: Ordering in (my ankle hurts and is swollen for no reason I can think of so I want to stay off it tonight)
Tuesday/Wednesday: Beef udon noodles
Thursday/Friday: Baked chicken parm, spaghetti, broccoli
Saturday/Sunday: Chicken, zucchini, and mushroom stir fry with rice

Well I did the unthinkable I stepped on the scale! :crazy2: Needless to say I am back to keeping track of what I am eating, portioning out my food, and limiting dairy and carbs. Why is it so easy to put on weight but is so hard to take it back off! I need to go to store as I am limited on items i can make but this will get me thru until the weekend. DH and DD are working every evening so DH will eat salad packed from home and DD eats something from work - Chick-fil-A.

Breakfast M-Th,: 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup diced ham, 1/2 cup bell pepper, 1/2 slice jalapeno cheese
Friday: Oatmeal with banana

Lunch: leftovers
Snacks: apples, berries, grapes, 100 cal popcorn, Oikos high protein yogurt

Monday: Crispy Chicken strips, cooked carrots
Tuesday: Roasted Brussel sprouts with sweet potatoes in a Dijon vinaigrette sauce, brown rice
Wednesday: Boneless skinless chicken thighs, corn/black bean salad
Thursday: Leftover chicken and corn/black bean salad
Friday: Buffalo chickpeas on sweet potato

The scale . . . oh yes, the scale . . . I am putting off weighing myself for a week because I want to eat my birthday dinner without worry. Then I too need to get serious. Mostly, I need to get moving. Between the heat, forest fires, and my husband setting up an office in our little gym room, I've been a couch potato all summer.

Yesterday: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw
Today: spaghetti, salad
Sunday: Jambalaya, leftover salad
Monday: Thai yellow curry (chicken), rice, veggies
Tuesday: Shrimp and snow peas stir fry, rice
Wednesday: fried Chinese style spring rolls, fried rice
Thursday: yakiniku (Japanese tabletop bbq. I ordered a small amount of wagyu flap meat, because it was going to be my b-day dinner. Then afterward, I realized it would be too hard to socially distance with DD28 and her boyfriend over with that plan, so we got a bonus fancy dinner. I had chosen it because there's nothing easier than prepping some plates of meat and veggies to cook at the table.)
Friday: muh birthday dinner!! Sashimi flown in from the honolulu fish company, shrimp and veggie tempura, rice, some sort of as yet undecided dessert.

I think after all this, I'm putting deep frying on hiatus for a few months. We've been eating an awful lot of general tso's chicken for lunch . . .

Last night: One pot lemon artichoke chicken and rice
Tonight: sliced turkey breast and a noodle kugel I made yesterday.
Tomorrow: I think tacos, have been craving them.
Wednesday: DS17 has been cooking on Wednesdays, so we'll see what he comes up with.
Thursday: Meeting my work team (five people) for lunch, so something quick and easy, maybe burgers. Unless DH wants to cook.
Friday: I usually shop Friday afternoons these days, so almost always cook something fresh that I've bought. Sometimes fish.
Saturday: We order out on Saturdays.

Sept 14:
Monday: Breakfast
Tuesday: Mini meatloafs with mashed potatoes, veggies
Wednesday: Beef stroganoff crockpot style on egg noodles, veggies or salad
Thursday: Green chile enchiladas with rice and beans
Friday: Maybe takeout, maybe something easy like baked chicken tenders salad
Saturday: Homemade Oktoberfest at home! Having few people in our bubble over for German food and beer!
Sunday: Either leftovers or something easy...we will see!

I'm still cooking at home and in my mind make a meal plan and about 60% successful with the actual meals. But good news is I sub in easy meals when things go sideways and I don't make the meal I had planned. Last week was almost successful.
Onto this week! We plan for the worst, hope for the best and deal with what we get. That's my 2020 philosophy.

Monday: Blackened catfish, coleslaw, french fries and fruit
Tuesday: Taco salads
Wednesday: Breakfast: carry over from last week
Thursday: Beef stroganoff crockpot style on egg noodles: carry over from last week
Friday: Grilled pimento cheese sandwiches with bacon and tomatoes, veggies and dip
Saturday: Probably take out or something easy
Sunday: Will see when it gets here

Well this week is pantry week so a little bit of a mishmash, most of these meals will be served with veg we have in the freezer although that probably won't be determined until that night
Yesterday: Black Pepper Tofu with Vietnamese noodles
Today (Tuesday): Veggie burgers
Wednesday: BBQ Salmon, also making crockpot quinoa chili for some lunches for me
Thursday: Maybe red lentil sloppy joes? maybe just rice a roni/pasta roni from the pantry
Friday: Dining out, taking the weekend to go on a mini road trip down state

Did well on my meal plan and lost some pounds last week! I also tried some new recipes that tasted good.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit (apples, blueberries)
Lunch: Leftovers
Snacks: Veggies and dip, fruit, pumpkin pie oat bars

Dinners:
Saturday: Spinach/arugula salad with light feta, sliced peach, salted caramel cashews, home made Dijon vinaigrette
Sunday: Leftover spinach/arugula salad
Monday: Chicken salad, spinach, Ranch rice cake
Tuesday: Unstuffed bell pepper
Wednesday: Greek Chicken salad
Thursday: Leftover Greek Chicken salad
Friday: Veggie Stir Fry

So the week we were at WDW is was still hot, so we didn't eat as much as I expected (just weren't really as hungry), which was good for our waistlines! Last Sunday coming back the temps dropped like 15 degrees, both in FL and here in SC, and it's been much more mild this week, feeling like fall is actually beginning (well, a Southern fall anyways). Time to break out the crock pot! Last week at work was crazy playing catch up and because we are into our busiest season, so this week is perfect to use that handy appliance to get dinner on the table easier when I get home. Here's the plan:

BBQ burger sliders with jalapeno poppers
spicy Asian chicken with broccoli and teriyaki noodles
crock pot beef roast hoagies with tater tots
crock pot chicken taco salad
crock pot pork tacos
crock pot peachy BBQ turkey with baked beans and salad

So I am still dealing with fatigue so things have turned to the easy or to meals I can have over many days. Once I am done with work, I just don't always have the energy to cook. But I really really need to stop eating out.

Breakfast: Eggs, chicken sausage, toast, and tea
Lunch: Frozen meals or leftovers, side salad or fruit
Dinner:
Sunday-Tuesday: Shepherd's Pie
Wednesday-Friday: Bourbon chicken rice bowls with roasted delicata squash and spinach

Today: DS22 is in the process of making massaman curry. I made rice and green beans to go with it.
Tuesday: Chicken paprikash, spaetzle, red cabbage
Wednesday: Kung pao chicken, rice
Thursday: Tamales, salad

Last edited:
So I have been following along, and have posted before but it been a long time since... so I thought that I would jump in...

Sunday - BBQ chicken, polebean's with bacon and onions, publix deli potato and macaroni salad..
Monday - Left over BBQ Chicken and potato and macaroni salad from Sunday.
Tuesday - Hot dogs on the grill, with buns and fixing and baked beans
Wednesday night - Macaroni Grill - DH picked up on his way home... Its was my Birthday this way no cooking or clean up..
Thursday - Air Fryer - Chicken Wings with Ranch and Blue Cheese for dipping... Potato, Bacon and onion style hash... I will air fry the potatoes
( sliced with the skin, making sure they are not to thin or they break up to much, to thick and they will not cook evenly) early and let them cool.
I have 2 methods of cooking the bacon and onions, whichever you decide on, make sure to drain very well ... you can roast them in the oven or saute them in a pan.. While the wings are in the air fryer, I put the potatoes, bacon and onions together, and reheat in a skillet... like your making hashbrowns, limit the flipping...
Friday - Dinner at Biergarten Germany pavilion Epcot...
Saturday - Stuffed Shell, green salad, garlic bread, we are having company for dinner...
Sunday - unknown at this time... most likely something on the grill...

Lunches - not in any order, all made at home... Chef Salad, Raw Veggie plates with cubed cheese and boiled eggs, Greek vanilla yogurt and berries, black bean burger no bun, with cheese, sour cream and guacamole.

Snacks - 100 calories packs of yogurt pretzels, or 100 calorie packs of cookies, peanuts or mixed nuts, baby carrots with blue cheese, olives, pickles...

This is one of my favorite threads with all the dinner ideas. Keep em coming! Here's our menu this week:

Tonight: Oven "fried" chicken with butternut squash spinach salad
Sunday: Balsamic chicken with roasted Brussels Sprouts
Monday: Korean chicken bowls
Tuesday: Turkey burgers with zucchini fries
Wednesday: Cajun shrimp & sausage with squash
Thursday: Taco Salad
Friday: Take out (we've done this every Friday since the shutdown. We like supporting small business and not having to cook at the end of the week.)

Menu for this week:
Sunday: We ate at the inlaws. Chicken, roasted butternut squash and fruit salad
Monday: Sweet potato hash
Tuesday: Leftover Sweet potato hash
Wednesday: Spinach, Sausage stuffed acorn squash
Thursday: Chicken Fajitas
Friday: Chicken Stir Fry with brown rice

Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit (apples and blueberries)
Lunch: Lentil Chili and leftovers

Sunday: DH and I were away for the weekend, so we ordered in. We all had leftovers for Monday’s lunch.
Monday: instant pot chicken and black bean “burrito bowl.”
Tuesday: DH made pork chops and smashed potatoes.
Wednesday: I had some homemade lasagna in the freezer that I’m thawing.
Thursday: I’m thinking burgers and baked beans.
Friday: Maybe I’ll pick up fish when I shop. DS17 doesn’t like fish but will be happy with leftovers. Or maybe I’ll just make pizza which is so easy.
Saturday: Our usual takeout night.

I see I haven't posted on here in a few weeks (it's been hectic at work and I haven't even been on here at all) but we have been eating at home 6 days a week as usual- just eating out or picking something up on Sat. nights. I've been using my crock pot a lot (one week I did Mon-Fri) just because my work schedule has been so unpredictable. Here's the plan this week:

beef stroganoff sandwiches
pork loin with homemade applesauce and biscuits
black bean burritos
garlic ginger turkey tenderloin with salad
glazed meatballs with pineapple and Jasmine rice
lemon olive chicken with ziti

Getting back to being serious about WW to lose the extra pounds I’ve put on in the last year. Can’t even blame it on COVID really. I have a milestone birthday in early March I have set as a goal. So it’s time to plan a little better.
Tonight: quinoa salad, salad and crispy chicken cutlets (https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/make-ahead-baked-crispy-chicken-cutlets)
Tomorrow: homemade pizza, salad
Tuesday: I just found this hamburger stew I’m going to try but I don’t really eat beef (but don’t mind beef broth) so will use ground turkey. https://www.budgetbytes.com/slow-cooker-hamburger-stew/
Wednesday: Either DH or DS will cook
That’s as far as I’ve gotten!

Tonight: Slow Roast Gochujang Chicken with potatoes and broccoli rabe
Monday: carne asada tacos
Tuesday: Chicken cutlet over rice with Japanese curry
Wednesday: miso glazed cod, veggie
Thursday: Chicken gumbo
Friday: shrimp tom kha soup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!