• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

ECV on airplanes

scootch

DIS Veteran
My aunt has an ECV which we can borrow(just found this out). Do the airlines charge extra to take one??? Flying down on usairways, back on airtran. Probably easier to just rent one, but the cost of taking another person is adding up much more quickly than I thought pirate:

they can't charge extra for it. and you can drive it right up to the gate and they will then put it under the plane for you.

They are not allowed to charge extra for mobility devices like wheelchairs or ecvs and it also doesn't count toward your baggage allowance.
You should call and/or look on the website for your airline to see what they suggest for travel with ecvs.
Hope this link works for information for US Air customer service page for people with special needs.
And here's one for the airtran page.

Thanks for the links. I need to call the airlines and get some specifics. Ugghh... all this is driving me crazy!! thanks for the info... very helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter