ECV Rental at Disneyland?

Tink's Pixieduster

DIS Veteran
I’m starting to plan a visit to DLR later this year and I’ll need to rent an ECV for this visit. I’ve tried searching this forum, but seemed to only find information on companies that might or might not work well. And that information was from 2019 and 2017.

I saw on Google Maps that Select Mobility Scooter Rental is right across S. Harbor Blvd. from the DLR entrance, but have no idea if they’re reputable since my only other experience with rentals was at WDW.

Can anyone her provide me with suggestions for companies that have a good reputation and prices?

Here are a couple of relatively tecent threads. We don’t get a lot of feedback about the CA rentals.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/scooter-company-near-disneyland.3792149/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/best-company-to-rent-ecv-disneyland.3777087/
You may also want to ask on the DLR Forum.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks, lanejudy - I saw the thread at the second link, but not the first link. I thought about asking on the DLR forum, but thought I would ask here first.

I can't recommend Moving Mobility high enough, really, but I will admit part of that is because they will rent to locals for even a single day, which is a rarity.

I know Deckerts is another favorite on these boards and I really have nothing bad to say about them, the few interactions I have had were nice, but again, couldn't rent for a single day as a local that needed delivery to or near the parks. I don't know if that has changed or not.

But if you are having a hard time deciding, may I please point out that Deckerts is a medical supply company that also sell medical devices and other things with rentals being a secondary business for them, as a result, the theme parks being closed probably doesn't have as much of an effect on them as it does on the companies that primarily rent devices with sales being a secondary component, such as Moving Mobility America, Scooters 4 U, etc.

So may I suggest that even if you don't rent from Moving Mobility America, it might be nice to support one of the smaller guys that are more dependent on the theme parks being open?

As I said, this is nothing against Deckerts, who I am sure is also feeling the impact and I am just guessing that these other companies are feeling even more of an impact than Deckerts is.

Just my two cents on the matter in the current environment.

I can't recommend Moving Mobility high enough, really, but I will admit part of that is because they will rent to locals for even a single day, which is a rarity.

I know Deckerts is another favorite on these boards and I really have nothing bad to say about them, the few interactions I have had were nice, but again, couldn't rent for a single day as a local that needed delivery to or near the parks. I don't know if that has changed or not.

But if you are having a hard time deciding, may I please point out that Deckerts is a medical supply company that also sell medical devices and other things with rentals being a secondary business for them, as a result, the theme parks being closed probably doesn't have as much of an effect on them as it does on the companies that primarily rent devices with sales being a secondary component, such as Moving Mobility America, Scooters 4 U, etc.

So may I suggest that even if you don't rent from Moving Mobility America, it might be nice to support one of the smaller guys that are more dependent on the theme parks being open?

As I said, this is nothing against Deckerts, who I am sure is also feeling the impact and I am just guessing that these other companies are feeling even more of an impact than Deckerts is.

Just my two cents on the matter in the current environment.

Thanks for your input, Evita. My visit won't be until later this year, so the parks closing and effects on ECV rentals isn't of immediate importance, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind if recovery from this crisis is a lot slower than all of us are hoping. I appreciate your recommendations!

Thanks for your input, Evita. My visit won't be until later this year, so the parks closing and effects on ECV rentals isn't of immediate importance, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind if recovery from this crisis is a lot slower than all of us are hoping. I appreciate your recommendations!
Yeah, these little businesses that depend on the theme parks to generate revenue are the ones that will be hit the hardest. As for recovery, Southern California is in a very bad spot, as our two primary revenue streams are tourism, which will be near non-existent for at least a year, maybe two or three and entertainment.

Our recovery out here will be at least 3 years, they might get that down to 2 with the right stimulus packages from the government, but we are going to have some very rough times ahead. We will get through it eventually, but it will be hard. But if we support the smaller businesses, it will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter