• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV: Walker vs Randy??? Cost...

Mouskateacher

Earning My Ears
Which rental service is cost effective for a week long stay?? We'll be there in April (3-10). How long in advance do you need to reserve your scooter???:wave:

Any experience with the overall service that you'd like to share I'd really appreciate. I'm not sure which company to go with... help.

Mouskateacher

I used Walker in Nov, I could not have been more pleased with their service and product. I cant remember the price, but it was similar to the other companys. I saw many people in "other" scooters, and all wanted to know where I got mine because it was such high quaility. Thats my 2 cents:)
Aimee

I just resv mine on Feb 2 for my Feb 20th trip with Walker. (I didn't need the ECV until late Sunday Feb 22, with use on Mon Feb 23 to Wed Feb 25 pick up on Feb 26)

It was $90 for three days, with delivery on Sunday.

Randys was going to charge me $120 for the three days and for the delivery day, even though I said that I wanted deliverd late that sunday, so that I would have it for Monday.

I think that I have made the right choice. I will let every one know how it went when I come back.

If you need the ECV for one week, Randy's has the best deal, $150 as opposed to $180 for the other services. I used Randy's for my first trip with an ECV, but for the last I used Care Medical since they were the only service that guaranteed an 8am arrival of the ECV and I only needed it for three days.

The one thing I don't like about Randy's is that they require you to be present for delivery. The other services will drop off at luggage services and you can leave it there on the day of return too. If the ECV isn't needed for the full week, it really doesn't matter which service you use, they would all be the same price.

I have rented an ECV from Walker Mobility four times & have had very good customer service each time. I highly recommend them.

We rented from Walker last March and they were great and super nice. The scooter was there waiting for us when we arrived at the GF. We also rented a wheelchair from them too. I don't remember the price, but we had it 9 days and I didn't think it was bad compared to the price at the parks. Having your own is much better becuase you don't have to worry about not getting one and the walk from the monorails was long.
During the middle of the trip the scooter gave out and they brought us a new one in about an hour. A guy was in the area which was great because we had breakfast reservations.
The day before we acciddently let the scooter get wet. When we went in to the Ellen ride it was clear and sunny and it was when we came out as well, but apparently it had rained while we were inside. Never underestimade Florida weather where a sudden rain shower is always around the bend. Always park it under cover. We learned our lesson.

chrissy

I just called Walker to get a price quote on a ECV for 1 week. "Bob" told me it would be $199.50 and that includes delivery. They will deliver to the hotel without you needing to be present. This will be the first trip I have taken where I needed this type of assistance. My father has Parkinson's and would like to use a scooter during the trip. I had many questions for Bob regarding the park, hotels, etc with regard to scooters and he could not have been any nicer!! I think my mind is made up! Hope this helps!

I personally am a big Fan of Randy's. They have been super great each time I've dealt with them. I don't mind having to meet up with them. Randy, himself has delivered when I've rented and been extrememly plesant. He even gave me info on places to buy used scooters and said that if I decided for sure to buy my own he would be happy to work with me, and we are in Ohio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter