Eiffel Tower!

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
I just read on Deb Will's site that the Eiffel Tower will be down for refurb until December. I'm so bummed!!!!! It's been six years since I was in Paris, and multiple returns trips have fallen through, so I was really looking forward to getting a little "fix." I so wanted a photo of our family with that in the background, as my DS4 will probably be a lot older before we take him to the real thing! I know, I know, all rides can't be open at the time you're there and refurb is a necessary thing, but I can still voice my disappointment!

I love the Eiffel Tower too. I can still remember my surpise on my first trip to WDW (many years ago), that you cannot get to the Eiffel Tower! It is something to admire from the distance. Sorry it won't be there for you.

In EPCOT, World Showcase, France. You know. It's in the background.:rolleyes:

I don't see this item on wdwig.com.
Please give a URL.

In any case, since it doesn't do anything, why would it be "down for refurb"?!

I also read it, though not on her site, it was in her All-Ears newsletter this morning. I hope it's back at the beginning of December-it was one landmark I could see from my balcony at BCV and was really looking forward to seeing it again. Let's hope that "by December" means by the beginning of December.

Sorry, "down for refurb" was my own interpretation for what the newsletter said (Simba's Mom is correct in that it was on the All Ears newsletter). It said they had to repaint it and such.

I for one, am glad they "took it down" to refurbish, paint, etc.

Having it gone is a lot more attractive than having scaffolding, construction walls in the park!!

I wish there was some way that they could take more stuff off-stage to be refurbished than have ugly scaffolding and construction walls up during show hours.

Carol

Thanks for the clarification! I haven't seen my home email yet today so haven't read the newsletter.

BTW our local amusement park (Paramount Kings Island, near Cincinnati) has a 1/3 scale model of the Eiffel Tower. You can actually ride up an elevator and stand on an observation deck; see the entire park, your car in the parking lot, and a lot of the surrounding countryside. That wouldn't work well in Epcot because you could see a lot of the "backstage" areas.

Oops! Sorry I mis-read your post. Since I knew that you couldn't get to the Eiffel Tower in Epcot, my eyes jumped ahead of my brain and thought you were talking about the actual Eiffel Tower in the actual Paris. It had a fire recently and I just made the leap to it being closed for repairs. I hope that is the only mistake I made today, but I doubt it.
:rolleyes: :crazy: :tongue:

I grew up in Indiana but we took alot of class trips and family trips to Kings Island! I LOVED going up in the Eiffel Tower there.I thought it was huge until I made a trip to France and got to go up in the real one! WOW!

Sorry the tower will be down while you're there but hopefully back up by the beginning of Dec.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter