"electric" ice cubes?

castleri

DIS Veteran
When we were at Kimonos last Christmas week they had some drinks with electric ice cubes- we didn't get them. I am wondering if they are served anywhere else. It would be fun this time, with a young child along, if we could find a place where they serve them in children's drinks. Anyone seen them? Thanks for you help.

I got a drink with one at 50's prime time cafe at MGM. I'm sure there are more places to get them, check out the menus on allearsnet.com.

Sci-fi I think. Last year we got them while waiting for Fantasmic 2 in a sippy/straw cup with coke or sprite $10.

Kae

My sister and I took my daughter in May-- we saw them at several of the restaurants in different areas. We saw them at PORiverside and also in the many bars in the Comtemporary-- just ask the server-- or ask about them at the bar in your hotel.

try this site:

www.shiptheweb.com

once there, scroll down to "litecubes"

they cost around $3 each, and there is a little button on the bottom of each that changes the color pattern 8 different ways!

(no "smacking" the cube on the counter to light them, like the ones at the sci-fi dine-in)

I got one at Hollywood and Vine.

It came with a souviner cup and I got to chose the color. It was around $6.00

:wave2: Susan

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks everyone - looks like MGM will be the place we look for them this trip.

I got them in a souvineer cup that was being sold right before Spectromagic at the MK. It was a huge cup filled w/lemonade or soda and two glow cubes for $10. When I got home, my friends were like "you paid HOW much for a soda!" :hyper: -Stephanie

My son got one in his drink at Prime Time. We still use it at home!

My son is going to LOVE those! I can't wait, I'll have to go to a place that has them and surprise him!!!

Shelby::MinnieMo

Le Cellier also has glow cubes served in a drink called the "Northern Lights". My DS had this drink during our last trip this past January, and the cubes remain in our freezer and are pulled out once in awhile for a fun drink at home.

Originally posted by suzimar57
(no "smacking" the cube on the counter to light them, like the ones at the sci-fi dine-in)

I hate these. The didn't work well & were a big waste of money.

I also gotten them at the Galley at the TC, and anywhere at Pleasure Island.

Got ours at 50's in '03. Man, I hate the banging on the table to turn them off and on. The kids make a horrible racket with them. But some of the online ones before you go and save yourself some cash!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter