Electric Light Parade

SeansMom

DIS Veteran
I'd appreciate help from anyone on this :scratchin ...
Where are the best places to view the Electric Light Parade in DCA? How long does before the parade do you need to find a spot?

Also...Is there a good spot in DCA to celebrate a birthday? I know the Plaza in Disneyland does a special birthday celebration, but I haven't found any information about it in DCA.

Thanks!!!!

I heard some where that you can get a PS for the parade, does anybody know anything about that?

Pretty much anywhere along the parade route is good. The Sunshine Plaza area is the most popular because people want to make a quick getaway after, either to the trams or over to DL. If you want that area, I suggest finding a spot at least an hour before, otherwise you can probably wait until 15-20 minutes before the parade. I think they do have some vip seats for the parade, but I don't know how you get them.

There's no birthday party in DCA like they have at the Plaza Inn, but you can get birthday buckets at Ariels/Captian Mickey's.

Like iceskatejen said....Sunshine Plaza does tend to be the most crowded. You will have to get there close to one hour prior to get a good spot there. I have in the past got lucky and showed up 10 minutes till and have gotten a great spot standing behind the vip seats. Other than that, further down the parade route you dont need to line up as early. Ive found great places to sit 15 mins to start of the parade just by walking further down the parade route.

We usually watch ELP in the Paradise Pier area. We've always been able to grab a bench about 10 minutes before the parade start time. But since you're at the end of the route, you end up waiting another 10-15 min for it to get there. No worries, we usually grab some food, then grab our bench and eat dinner while waiting. We're usually in front of the water play area, can't remember the name, facing the Orange Stinger.

Side story, the last time we watched the parade I almost made Prince Charming break character. He's holding the glass slipper, and I was going on and on like one of the stepsisters, telling him it would fit me, really it would. He was trying so hard not to crack up, too funny. :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter