Elevator waits?

kmn952

Mouseketeer
Hey y’all. Wondering what effect covid restrictions has had on getting a resort elevator? Specifically Bay Lake tower? Debating in BLT or Boulder Ridge

We stayed at BLT over the summer and we had zero problems with the elevators. You may run into having to wait for a couple of minutes if there are groups in front of you, but we didn't wait for very long and everyone was very respectful of space and keeping it to one party per elevator.

Just checked out of Gaylord in Orlando... What’s a mask? I guess they were all invisible super masks . Of course the Convention (?) Meet This week was for BOLT CBD and whatever else.
At least some business are making money apparently.
I will say they were happy and friendly

Last edited:
Moving from Copper Creek cabin to a 1 bedroom in Bay Lake Tower on Tuesday and am hoping waits for the elevator will be minimal.

We were at BWV last month and used the stairs quite a bit. The elevators are for 1 party or 4 individuals - it took a while to wait for an elevator.

Lines at the Riviera elevators definitely formed at times, but they always moved quickly. Signage says one family or 4 individuals per elevator max. Never saw a line at all at Wilderness Lodge.

The Boardwalk elevators were difficult before Covid. That's the only resort I can really see having a big problem.

I was at BLT in July and there were a few times where I had to wait a few minutes to get on an elevator. I preferred to ride the elevator alone, and I gave that courtesy to the person in front of me, but that did not always happen where people behind me sometimes got on with me. I didn’t want to be rude and ask them not to, and I didn’t, but I would have preferred the people behind me to wait for the next one.

I was at BLT in July and there were a few times where I had to wait a few minutes to get on an elevator. I preferred to ride the elevator alone, and I gave that courtesy to the person in front of me, but that did not always happen where people behind me sometimes got on with me. I didn’t want to be rude and ask them not to, and I didn’t, but I would have preferred the people behind me to wait for the next one.
Had this exact issue when we stayed at BLT 2 weeks ago. I wanted to ride solo, yet had some people who felt more comfortable riding with others (and needed to be vocal about it pointing to the sign and saying that it says 4 individuals). I would kindly tell them to go ahead and get back out of the elevator. I wasn’t going to be stuck in that tiny box for 11 floors with someone who is willing to be that close to others. Also never know if they’ll take their mask off in the elevator. So that definitely increased wait times.

Just got back from BLT on Friday. There was usually a wait for the elevators that are by the skyway to the CR. But I didn't have hardly any waits at the elevators by the BLT Lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts