Elise's Journal (comments welcome)

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
I'm going to give this journal thing a go seeing as how everyone else seems to be making a success with it.

Date 12/8/03
Starting weight 223lbs Now 171lbs Target 133lbs
Trying to keep to a minimum of 1lb a week loss, slow & steady etc.

Measurements (lost my book with all my previous measurements in so I'll start from scratch)
Bust - 38"
Waist - 36"
Hips - 41.5"
Upper arms(av)12.5"
Thighs - 23"
Tummy(important one!!!)40" (Yeay smaller than my hips now).

Exercise Plan
Bit vague as I tend to work out the bits that aren't so achey from the day before
Daily - 50 plain crunches
50 oblique crunches
50 reverse crunches
15 mins Arm workout
20 mins Leg and Thigh workout
Walking min. 3 miles every other day
Sunday - rest
Plus running and down stairs about a 100 times a day - but thats just life not exercise - LOL
Plus the odd vigourous activity(a la Fitday) about 4-6 times a week, depending on Colins diary.

Food - I'm on Atkins OWL stage now, moved on from induction so I'm on about 60-80g carb per day, with the odd few days on induction if I slip and have a slice of pizza or a bagel!!

Typical day
Breakfast - 3 rashers bacon, 2 link sausages, 1 grilled tomato, 2 eggs
Lunch - Avocado with tuna/prawns or smoked salmon and sugar free mayo
Dinner - Stir fry veg - beansprouts, peppers, onions, broccoli & Red or green thai curry with Chicken or beef made with curry paste, coconut milk, aubergine and bamboo shoots.
Snacks - cheese (3-4ozs), devilled eggs, jerky, pork rinds.
Occasionally have a dessert - homemade meringues with splenda, with rasberries/strawberries/blueberries/cranberries (whatever's on special) and double cream.
8 glasses of water min.
+ 4-5 cups black coffee
Any comments??

Whoops, forgot to eat properly yesterday - only had the usual breakfast and 4 crispbreads with Pate and brie on. Completely forgot to have Dinner and then compounded it by opening a bottle of red when Col came round - 2 glasses later - head spinning - oooh!!

At least I got the exercise done, My tummy is aching again but it seems to be getting easier now so I added a few crunches curling in one leg at a time as well for those lower abs - oooh - feel the burn!!!

Woke up this morning with a mouth like a badgers' bum so drank my daily allottment of water in one go - at least that's what it felt like to my tummy - sloshing around. Then spent the morning feeding ducks, playground, library etc looking for the loo every 20 mins!!

Also fitted in a sneaky weigh and I've lost another lb - yeay!!!

Well I did the exercises yesterday and am still feeling it!!! Will I ever get to NOT feel it the day after - OW!

Had a scrummy dinner, Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and cheese with a light salad and mayo. Lunch was a bit boring as i couldn't be bothered, a couple of rice cakes with pate on.

Went to the park with the kids for a couple of hours so I definitely worked out my arms as I had to keep lifting Danny up onto the top of the climbing frame for him to slide down again.

This morning we all went shopping so went into House of Fraser(Dept Store) for breakfast - Kids just had a couple of cakes as they already had theire sugar puffs, but I had bacon, sausage and a rubber egg(gross), coffee there is great tho. Then I had to buy a hacksaw as the bolt on my toilet seat sheared off and I couldn't unscrew the other one as it was rusted up - the delights of having boys who can't aim straight!!! More arm work!!!!

That's it for today!

Day 4 of my journal and no comments yet!!!(sob).

Anyway, it's coming up to midnight now and I'm about to have a bath and bed. Had an absolute nightmare of a pile of laundry to sort out and iron as it's bed changing day so that's why i exercised sooo late tonight. My tummy is still protesting and now I've increased the arm workout so they are screaming at me as well. Never mind, rest day tomorrow as Colin's coming round and then workout as usual on Sunday.
It's been such a tiring day that I can't even remeber what i had to eat apart from teatime when I indulged in a Big Mac(sans Fries - kids had those) WOW - I couldn't finish it. Tasted so gross and greasy and I was full halfway through anyway. Gotta love atkins!
Mind you this morning I was a bit lazy and sat out in the sun in my underwear - Still haven't got the courage to buy a bikini and I have got a walled garden. I bought a new sun lounger for only £10 in the sales yesterday then found out why it was reduced - Plastic - sun - sweat - ick!!! At least I won a big towel the other day to put on it before I was glued to it!!
Trying to get Danny to go dry through the night as well so tired from getting up to lift him at intervals, but it worked!!! First dry night Yeay!! ( Brought on by forgetting to top up on Pull-ups at the shop so he had to go without)

Monday Night 18/08

Well not too bad a day today - Got a new clippie!!!! Yahoo!!

Ate fairly ok as well - sausages and peas(strange i know) for breakfast, a couple of crispbreads and cheese for lunch and then some kippers for tea with a few tomatoes thrown in for vitamins. Had some Aqua libra to drink as the carb count is only about 5 per glass and I do need my Vit C - I hate taking supplements as it means me spending too much time on the loo!!!

Spent the morning hoiking Danny around town so got loads of walking in and then did my workout about an hour ago.

Yesterday had a lovely fry up for breakfast and then meatballs in a gorgeous puttanesca sauce - yum. Spent the day with Col as the kids were out of my hair (so yes i got my workout - in a different way) Also spent the day in Stratford - think i walked about 4 miles - urg - my poor toes!

Thats it for another exciting journal entry.

Pnats!!1 Forgot to post for the last few days!! Haven't been around this w/end - off to London to see my brother anyway. Walked and walked and walked - all over London - well the south bank, covent garden and soho anyway!!
My legs are aching from it all so must have burnt off a few cals. But probably put them back on eating the bun on my chicken burger, rice with curry and a few lattes.
Never mind - only 32lbs to go to goal now - yeay - but it going sooo slow now!!! But at least it's still going!!

Measured myself tonight and got some strange results

Old v New

Bust - 38" Now 39" !!!!!!
Waist - 36" 34 - WOW
Hips - 41.5" 40.5 - double wow!!
Upper arms(av)12.5" 12
Thighs - 23" 22
Tummy 40" 39

Very happy bunny but confused as to why my boobs have grown??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter