Embassy Suites Buena Park

Freyja

<font color=red>Formerly known as Sleepless in Den
Has anyone stayed there? I think we might go with a hotel that makes a good base for visiting DL, Knotts, Universal and Hollywood. Seems like this location might work out quite well. What do you think?

I'm not sure what time frame you are looking at, but we are booked for President's weekend (in Feb). I will be happy to report back afterwards.

I just booked them for april (I can always cancel if something else comes along). Do you mind me asking what rate you got? I booked from April 6-13 (week prior to Easter) and got $129, directly through their own website. Sounded fair to me.

I booked in September for our Feb trip, I got the rate of $105/night. When I purchased our airfair (in Novemeber), I decided to fly in the night before and add an extra day....when I went online and tried to add a day they wanted to charge me $129/night to reschedule. I picked up the phone and called Embassy directly. The manager was very easy to work with, I explained what I was trying to do and asked him if it was correct or if there was some way I could keep the 105/night rate and add the extra night.....he says sure no problem I can take care of that for you. He was even nice enough to send me a new email confirmation.

Here is what the description the rate showed up under:
Rate Description: BEST AVAILABLE RATE
Smoking Preference: Non Smoking Confirmed
Room Description: SUITE 2 DBL BED NONSMOKING
Room Type Preferences: Non-Smoking; Two beds

My reservation is for the same kind of room so that seems to be a great rate you got. Although mine is higher, I don´t think it´s too bad, considering it is around the Easter Holiday. Have fun!

I´d really appreciate it if you don´t mind posting a word or two about your stay when you´re back.

Thanks again for your advice

Freyja

So sorry for the late post on this...it completely slipped my mind.

Our stay at the ES-Buena Park has sorta mixed feelings. I think it was a hard move for us, considering we spent the first 2 nights at the DL Hotel first.

LOCATION: The location was not bad, I would have been thrilled had I not just stayed on property. It was maybe a 10 minute ride from DL to ES. More times than not our shuttled seemed to be running late...so don't get in a big hurry to get there early. I am a stictler when it comes to being on time, and this bothered me. The propery is actaully just a block or so from Knott's Berry, within walking distance from what I could tell....we never made it.

ROOM: When we checked in (about 2 or 3PM) our room was ready or so I was told. Thank goodness 'cuz we ready for a nap. Well, I walked in the room and there was a maintainance man working on the phone...no big deal. But, 2.5 hours later he was still there. So, much for resting (being a young woman travelling alone with an 8 yr old child) that didn't happen. The room was kind of dated, had an old stale smell to it, the main part of the carpet was clean, but you could tell that someone really needed to get up against the furniture (not discustingly so but, enough for me to notice). It was also hrd for us to warm the room up, it was cold and rainy when we were there so we turned the heat up.....it seemed to turn on for a couple minutes then went right back to it's normal setting.

Of course the Managers reception and breakfast made up for all else that was missing. We enjoyed having a quick snack before returning to the parks, held us over till we found some dinner. And of course enough good can't be said about their breakfast selections....this is waht I was missing at the DL Hotel. As we were ussually up at the break of dawn, but could never find breakfast until a couple hours later when staying on property....not even as much as a cup of coffee.

Hope this helps...enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter