Embassy Suites

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
We stayed at Embassy Suites a couple of onths ago and I have to say, it really was nice. Obviously nothing competes with an onsite WDW resort, but the price was fantastic and everythiong was nice, from the staff to the room to the food options. Definately a drag though as far as transportation; being offsite made it impossible for us (as far as what we wanted) to go to parks, return to the room, and go a second time; just too much travelling

Really? We have found traveling in our own vehicle to & from WDW from offsite locations to actually take LESS time than relying on WDW transportation.

MUCH less. Once I was staying north of outlet mall and after at day at MK I was in bed before my kids staying at POP Century even got ON the bus at the park. My stay north of the Convention Center was also a breeze but given the location most days we just stayed all day.

Been staying at Embassy Suites LBV South regularly since it opened, SO EASY and fast to get in and out of the parks. Yes, MK is the added travel but for the other parks we had no issues taking breaks. Now that DS roads are done, EB LBV should also be easy.

I think you do have to have a different mindset of using your car and driving to/from ... but once you actually time yourself vs the wait and bus ride ... it always ended faster than it would have been on the bus.

I plan to try Embassy Suites one day. But the rates are always unreasonable during the times I travel. My son stayed one year and he enjoyed it. However, he said he would still prefer a timeshare resort if he stayed for more than 3 or 4 days. He liked the daily breakfast and the evening reception/snacks. I am going to guess that the original poster probably relied on public transportation or Uber/Lyft. A rental car may have offered more options of coming and going to the parks at your own pace. Also, a rental car provides the opportunity to visit other areas of Orlando.

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista many moon ago and loved it. It was a nice alternative to Disney property and was so close to Downtown Disney. I did have a car that trip so it made it easy to get around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!