Entering rides that have alternate wheelchair entrances

coolbrook

DIS Veteran
With the lines being much longer this month I'm wondering about the process for lining up with a wheelchair or walker right now at rides like Jungle Cruise and It's a Small World. When we went in July the attraction attendant at the usual entrance directed me to the alternate entrance as we approached the ride. This happened at Haunted Mansion as well. The end of the regular line is pretty far from the usual attraction entrance sometimes now like down by the river area across from Country Bears. That is a lot of extra rather painful walking with my walker if I will end up being directed elsewhere when we get closer or given a return time, so I'd like to know the proper procedure before we go. Do I just assume I will enter through the exits at the same rides I did in July and check in there first?

I would ask the CM at the ride for jungle cruise you will get a return time to come back later I think the haunted mansion you wait with everyone else

are you going with someone else if so the lines that are far away from the entrance you could get in line with your group ( so people know your not just cutting in line) then go wait closer to the main entrance and join your group then

I didn't know that someone with a walker could use the wheelchair access, good to know!

They should be able to since a walker IS considered to be a MOBILITY DEVICE the same as a wheelchair or a scooter. Plus a lot of walkers (especially those that have 4 wheels and a seat built-in) can weigh as much as 20 pounds and I don’t see the user lifting it to negotiate steps/stairs without the risk of falling.

They should be able to since a walker IS considered to be a MOBILITY DEVICE the same as a wheelchair or a scooter. Plus a lot of walkers (especially those that have 4 wheels and a seat built-in) can weigh as much as 20 pounds and I don’t see the user lifting it to negotiate steps/stairs without the risk of falling.
to add to that, Disney would not me use the stairs with just a cane I was sent the same way as scooter/wheelchair

I wasn't thinking the part about avoiding stairs, I was thinking of the queue for the accessible vehicle.

When in doubt, go to the cast member near the Fastpass entrance area and ask them. I was there a week ago using an ECV and that is what I did. Haunted Mansion gave me a return time like DAS and go through the Fastpass entrance. Pirates had me go through the queue until you go to the building entrance and there you could transfer to an wheelchair and go through the Fastpass entrance. Small World, I just went through the handicap entrance as in years before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!