• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entertainement Rate Upgrade??

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
We are arrving early in the morning on Sept 15th. We have a reg room booked with an ent rate of $125. If that is the room I get I will still be estatic to stay on site with that room and have FOTL privlages for $125 a night. I am not greedy at all, but (LOL) has anyone ever have any luck with a free upgrade on an entertainment rate? I am thinking it won't be an availability issue at that time of year. But, rather an issue of not getting it because I already have the Entertainment Rate..thanks so much on advance for your help!

I recently returned from three nights at RPR. I had a standard room booked at the Ent. rate of $110. I am Loews Gold and had a postcard offering me a free suite upgrade at check-in if available. I could not use the postcard because I had an Ent. rate. I asked about Club Level and was told I would have to pay rack rate. I was offered a waterview room for $35 per night, but declined because I could have booked a waterview room at the Ent. rate of $125 - why would I pay $145 for it. We loved RPR and were very happy in our standard room. I think others on these boards have been upgraded even with the Ent. rate, but I couldn't make it happen. Maybe you will be lucky! The fact that you will be there in the middle of Sept. could help you obtain an upgrade. I don't think that is a busy time.

I booked the HRH,pool view $135,ent.rate. I was upgraded to club level for nothing. This was 7/21-7/25.

I don't know if the policy has changed or if it depends on the check in person but in Nov/Dec 2001 when we checked in late at night at the HRH, the clerk saw my Loews card and he said "I see you are a Loews member; we'll be able to upgrade you to a pool view this evening".

I was pleasantly surprised because even back in 2001 people were saying that if you book the Entertainment rate you will not get an upgrade, but we did! We also got the milk and cookies.

Entertainment rate customers are not ENTITLED to any upgrades. I was upgraded and was told that the desk clerks have the ability to upgrade you based on availability.
Keep in mind NONE of the Lowes first benefits apply to Entertainment rates. The fact that most people are getting the check in gifts is a bonus not a right.

Originally posted by Lewisc
Entertainment rate customers are not ENTITLED to any upgrades. I was upgraded and was told that the desk clerks have the ability to upgrade you based on availability.
Keep in mind NONE of the Lowes first benefits apply to Entertainment rates. The fact that most people are getting the check in gifts is a bonus not a right.

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but wow, I feel like we're being yelled at. I didn't see anyone in this thread imply that the check in gifts or the surprise free upgrade was a "right"??:confused:

All we've done was post our experiences and answer the OP with our stories. Most of us on these boards who are Entertainment book holders and Loews members know that we are not supposed to get a free upgrade or the welcome gift with an Entertainment rate but it DOES/has happen(ed). Maybe it won't happen anymore now that they've implemented changed recently BUT as we can see from a couple of replies...it is still happening. I've also read on other threads of it happening quite a bit.

If it happens it's a GREAT surprise/bonus, if not, oh well, at least we got a great low rate! ;)

Not yelling:D . Lowes first customers paying rack rates are entitled to certain perks including gifts, free room upgrade and low cost suite upgrades.

Entertainment rate guests MAY get upgraded if you're nice and may get the check in gift but it's done as a courtesy not as a right.

Just trying to help people by suggesting (maybe not well) that they don't try to "demand" benefits that they don't have. Suspect that may be the worse way to get upgrades/perks.

Wow I did not mean to start a tizzy on here LOL, I was asking a simple question and as I stated I am thrilled that I even got a rate of $125 to stay on site. I was just wondering if there are any chances of an upgrade that is all. I am not looking for anything for free and I certainly would not DEMAND it. Also if you noticed I never mentioned the "free gift". If I want wine I will buy it at the parks. I was just asking what everyones experience was as that is what these boards are for. Thanks so much for everyones help!

After satying at the HRH for 13 days this year and deciding to go back again in May, I called Loews to find out my Loews membership status. I was told that I'm now a Loews Platinum member and would receive the "perks" outlined in their brochure. I told the CM that I used the Entertainment rate and I was told that I still was qualified for the gifts and perks and "IF" an upgrade was available, I now could move to club level at no additional charge for the upgrade.

My family and I were at PBH July 20 - 25 in a deluxe room for $180 per night ent rate. There were no upgrades available when we checked in. I asked them to let me know when a suite was open. On our 3rd day they offered us a Portofino Suite for $35.00 more per night. We moved to the suite for the last few days. It was great.

Has anyone stayed in a Deluxe Room at HRH? Has anybody ever been upgraded from a Deluxe Room at HRH to something else? I understand that there are no deluxe rooms on the Club Level. What type of room would they upgrade us to if there was something available?

I'm currently paying $160 Entertainment Rate for the Deluxe Room. Is is it worth it over the standard room at the HRH?

Thanks for your advice!

I have booked one night in March, for the end of our trip so we can use FOTL and end our trip in style. This is our first trip to Florida, and I have booked a standard room, probably garden view (HRH; PBR was booked solid) for $245. I called last night to find out about when the discounted rates will be available and was told to call back in Dec. I have a Fan Card, thanks to this board, and was considering buying the entertainment book to use the restaurant coupons when we are there. My question is, what is Club Level,what perks does it give, and what would I expect to pay for it with an entertainment or fan club rate, in March?
Thanks!

I just returned from our Florida vacation during which I spent one night at the Portofino. I booked a standard room with the entertainment rate of $155. I called there ahead of time to make a dinner reservation for my son's birthday and also added my Loews number. They gave me an upgrade to a pool view room without any 'issues'. Upon checking in (early in the day) I asked if my Loews first nubmer was in the reservation. Upon finding that it was, the clerk asked what amenity I'd like and wine was delivered later in the day. It was a perfect experience except for a discrepancy regarding my two children's amenity which I will detail later as I am in a bit of a hurry now.

The fan club card will get you 30% off of the rack rate of any room that you book.

The Entertainment Card discount is not available for Club level rooms (or at least that is what I was told when I asked about it).

If you can get Club with the Entertainment Card......... so much the better!!!

Good Luck......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter