Entertainment Card Question

Becca

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I just learned that I am not able to use the Disney Club Card to qualify for the Entertainment Rate @ the Hard Rock Hotel. Okay here is my question I am Canadian so if I purchase an Entertainment book for where I live will I be able to use the Entertainment card in Orlando?? Please if anyone knows I will so very much appreciate the answer.

Thank you very much

Becca

Yes you can use the card for your area in Orlando and many other places for hotel discounts.

The hotels have a certain number of rooms or people for entertainment rate. I called yesterday for Entertainment Rate at PBH and was told there were not any available for the time we wanted to go.

Also, if you buy one now, in most cities, most of the offers are good only through November. The hotels and some other stuff is still good through December though.

Just to let you know, when we were there in June the clerk never
asked to see the entertainment card so you could probably ask for the entertainment rate when making your reservation and never get a card.

Becca-

Where did you get that info. from? I have read the same thing on these boards. When I called Universal, they said we could use the DC card. I however, have more faith in the experts on these boards, and am going to buy a book in September for our December trip! You can order them on-line.

I would have showed up with my DC card, and then what!?!?!? I am thankful to find this important tidbit out before check-in.;)

laurenk,

Now you've got me wondering! Maybe they will accept the card again? I'm afraid to call! Last I heard from this board several times was that you could not use the DC card at the Universal hotels and when you go to the DC website and go to the Entertainment portion there's nothing that comes up in Orlando.

It would be great if it were true as I haven't bought the Entertainment book yet cause I was waiting for 2002 books to come out since my trip isn't until the end of November.

If this IS true, I wouldn't have to spend the $20 for the book....if anyone calls to find out, please post what they say here! If I get the courage up to call, I'll post the answer here.

Thanks!;)

Beattyfamily-
I am going the end of November too!! 4 nights POLY followed by 4 nights HRH. We can't wait!!!

Everything you say about the Entertainment Card is true, but that is what the person I spoke to at Universal said, after I grilled him extensively!!! LOL! I am STILL going to buy the book, I am not willing to take the chance!

;)

Yeah, I think it's worth the $20 not to worry.

We're going HRH Nov 29 - Dec 2 then WDW's GF Dec 2 - 6 then the DCL Dec 6 - 9.

Can't wait!!!;) :D :cool:

Beattyfamily-
I am going the same dates only reversed!!!!! WDW first then US/IoA.
Lucky you about the cruise!!! I tried to sneak the 3 day cruise on, but DH was having none of that! I guess that is okay since we just spent 10 at AKL in June!!

My neighbor will be on the cruise with you. She is 7 days POLY first, then the cruise.

then you have two choices. The standard book and the less expensive and perhaps more useful for families fast food book. You might want to order the fast food book because it has alot of Mcd's and such coupons. I believe you can call ahd the book will be waiting in your room on check-in

Snickers- I don't know when you're going, but don't necessarily believe what Universal tells you about Entertainment availability. I called there looking for rates next February and go two different, wrong, answers. The first guy told me that rates would be announced late June. The second (in late June) told me that those rooms were already gone, which sounded pretty fishy. At the suggestion of someone on this board, I called Loew's, instead, and was told that the rates will be announced in the fall, which makes the most sense, since that's when the book is released.

I'm sorry, I don't have the Loew's number anymore, but you should be able to find it by searching this board.

laurenk,

I just now noticed your post. I don't know how I missed it.

Anyway, this year was supposed to be our BIG WDW vacation and then wait a couple years. We joined DVC this year so the whole vacation, excluding HRH, was on points. That's why we were doing the cruise too. Well, it turns out the cruise went on sale for a great cash price and we've now switched it to cash, it's call the Fall Fantasy Plus promo. $1155 for 2 adults 1 child and 1 infant category 8. So now we have 258 points to use before next November 30....isn't it torture? We must go again next year!

Maybe you can somehow afford the cruise with the sale going on? Also Dreams Unlimited gave us a $50 credit so our total was really $1105.

Maybe we'll still run into each other!

Now back to the topic of Entertainment rates...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter