Entertainment Cuts at WDW

Oh, my head's not in the sand. I'm quite aware of what's going on. I'm always trying, however (and I've covered this several times) to not say anything on these boards that I wouldn't say at work (when I can get a shift, that is)...

I truely believe we will get through these difficult times.
Mr. Walt Disney is looking over his kingdom.
He will not let his DREAM fade nor die.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
Oh, my head's not in the sand. I'm quite aware of what's going on. I'm always trying, however (and I've covered this several times) to not say anything on these boards that I wouldn't say at work (when I can get a shift, that is)...

So you would call someone's point of view ignorant? Not trying to pick nits, but remember....when you get agitated when people Ei$ner bash, I get the same feeling when people blindly defend him.

The problem is that many people were in cars 2 & 3 before September 11. I wonder how many people would have been in cars 2 & 3 at the beginning of the year. Maybe if I was in car #1 on 9/11 I would be more sympathetic to Disney now, but I wasn't. During the financial boom of the late 90's Disney made a lot of decisions that really bothered me. Things like the empty 20K lagoon and the delay of Beastly Kingdom to name just 2.

Disney isn't a friend or family member that I feel obligated to help get back on their feet. It's just a product that I can live without. There are many, many other vacation choices I have. And since this *is* a hard economic time, I have to keep an eye on my own personal "business." I have an obligation to my family to make sure our household still is financially secure, and still gets what it needs. The reality is that I can fulfill our need for escapism and time off by traveling somewhere else. For instance, my in-laws are moving to N. Arizona. I can go visit them and go see the beauty of Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches and the Grand Canyon. I'm not going to feel guilty for choosing that vacation over WDW while the situation down there is what it is.

Well its confirmed. I just received a call from a special CRO rep that confirmed that ALL 9:30 PM Hoop Dee Doo shows through Oct 31 have been cancelled. They are rescheduling everyone on the 5:00 & 7:15 shows. She indicated that they were manually redrawing the seating charts. As you may know seating at the Hoop Dee Doo and Polynesian Revue seating is decided by when you make your reservation. First reservations get best tables. They are attempting to redraw the seating to accommodate the cancelled guests original reservation date. Also since Amex specials were at 9:30 only they are accommodating Amex discounts at earlier shows for cancelled guests.

What amazes me are the people on the other boards who are commenting that the only reason that people are angry is because "some people just can't be satisfied". If I dislike a decision, I'm going to say so. Disney doesn't get some kind of magical pass from me just because it's Disney. I am one the company's biggest advocates but I don't own a pair of rose colored glasses (or a pile of sand ;) ).

Steve, I want to add that what upsets me the most and always has are the CM's being let go. I have always felt that CM's are what make WDW what it is more than anything else and I really believe that the experience will suffer because of those choices. As a matter of fact, to me it already has in some ways. I'm keeping my hope that everything will get back to "normal" someday though in spite of a nagging worry that it won't.

Planogirl, I can't say that I disagree, CMs are special (especially at the Jungle Cruise...)

King, it's no fun to have reservations switched around, but it sounds like the company is doing something that WDW is famous for (and very good at): Service Recovery. They're going to honor the discount regardless of the show time and they're going to try to get you the best seat they can. Doesn't sound like a thumbs down to me. The 5 and 7 shows were probably not totally full. I'm sorry you won't be seeing it at 9:30, but I hope you have lots of fun anyhow!

Originally posted by HorizonsFan
I just re-read. I didn't see where Steve called anyone's point of view ignorant.

Here's your point of reference

Oh, I think it's crummy, don't get me wrong. The whole "Eisner is intentionally trying to destroy the company" thing just always gets me riled up. How ignorant...

And I'll say it again, when a business is doing poorly they INCREASE hours, REDUCE prices, and INCREASE the customers perceived value. A large corporations cuts costs because the name of the game is to accumulate wealth for the CEO by showing Wall st. you've reduced expenses when revenues are down. No consideration to running the business, only the advancement of the corporation. Disney will unload WDW in a heartbeat if the circumstances are right. Right Mr. Ei$ner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter