Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also does it seem like tron is really lagging behind the two projects at Epcot? I can see Ratatouille opening for Christmas next year and potentially guardians for the following summer (or for some crazy but unlikely reason the same time as ratatouille :O). I don’t want to bet on it I just think it’s funny thinking how fast these two are moving along. Makes sense to even out galaxys edge crowds but still
Ratatouille won’t be quite that early. They need to built that entire new guest area behind France as well besides the ride building.

A little optimistic there. Rat is probably around Memorial Day 2020, and Guardians around Jan/Feb 2021. Still, you have a point...Tron has nothing going on at all. Curious.

Tron is in progress, but it's all just site prep and drainage work at the moment.

World Showcase is a really nice way to dream and imagine you're in those places without having to leave the US. Sure it isn't the same thing, it's Americanized and simplified but I think people know that going in. But it's nice for kids to get them started in thinking about the world differently, although I wish there was a little more diversity there. Seeing the countries in the world showcase when I was young made me want to go on those high school trips to Europe and I'm glad for the inspiration and opportunity. And I bet there's plenty more like me. It a nice way to open the door for Americans to the idea of a global society. I think the food could be improved but that's a problem throughout WDW.

I think that is a really good way to put it ... World Showcase isn't meant to be a substitution for visiting those countries, but it may spark in interest in doing so in the future. And by having the people from those countries working there I also think it helps in making the world seem larger and smaller at the same time

I know it closed but don't remember if they are putting something else there???

Also, any time frame on when the mickey ride in HS is going to be done???

I know it closed but don't remember if they are putting something else there???

Also, any time frame on when the mickey ride in HS is going to be done???
A Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster is going where Ellen used to be.

I believe the latest rumors for the Mickey ride in DHS is scheduled to open in Summer or Fall 2019. I know that is a big window, but don't expect it open in the beginning of 2019. It should be open before SW:GE though.

Last edited:

I believe the latest rumors for the Mickey ride in DHS is scheduled to open in Summer or Fall 2019. I know that is a big window, but don't expect it open in the beginning of 2019. It should be open before ST:GE though.
I’m hoping this is true. I want to do runaway railway before the onslaught of Star Wars crowds. Chance I’m going to schedule a trip in between the two openings

From Blog Mickey: The installation of the show building first is a departure from Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster (which is a similar build) in an effort to keep the track layout and features a secret.

Um, and RnRC was a pretty much a copy of an existing roller coaster.....both enclosed and one that wasn't.

From Blog Mickey: The installation of the show building first is a departure from Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster (which is a similar build) in an effort to keep the track layout and features a secret.

Um, and RnRC was a pretty much a copy of an existing roller coaster.....both enclosed and one that wasn't.
Isn’t there only one other coaster not named Rock N Roller Coaster with that exact same layout and type of coaster, and that opened AFTER the first one?

I believe the latest rumors for the Mickey ride in DHS is scheduled to open in Summer or Fall 2019. I know that is a big window, but don't expect it open in the beginning of 2019.
Maybe I've just overlooked it, but I don't recall reading much about this attraction. Can someone provide some details about what kind of ride or attraction this is supposed to be? Or point me to a thread that discusses it a bit? Thanks.

An update on the Mickey ride:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/09/scene...-soon-for-mickey-and-minnies-runaway-railway/

And this caught my attention:
There is no end date on the permit, meaning that all of the work covered in the permit will be completed in less than a year.

So, while there's no change in the speculation for "sometime 2019", there's some more concrete evidence the ride should be completed by the end of Summer next year given the window for completion of the 'scene' will be NLT this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!