Epcot Illuminations Cruise??

gillis95

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this and what was your experience? I've read on 'other sites' only 1 comment that the smoke from the fireworks completely covered them but that's something you can't predict which way the wind is going to blow. Was it good views? Worth the money?

Thanks

I always think the cruise was the highlight of our family trip a few years ago. I thought it was great. Nice view, enjoyable evening. Make sure you dress warm enough, it can get chilly on the water at 9 PM. You can check my website below for a picture of us bundled up in Dec. Enjoy.

We really enjoyed our cruise even though we had the smoke blowing our direction. We shared our boat with 2 other DIS families, so the cost was great. It was so nice not having to stake out our spots early.

We just did one a week ago. Had Capt. Mike, a real Disney trivia nut. Incredible amount of knowledge. We also shared the cruise so the cost wasn't so great. 3 families split it. $50 apiece covered the cost and the tip. We would do it again in a flash. Capt. Mike did apologize for the smoke but there was nothing to be done about that. It was incredible. He dropped my family off at the Intl. Gateway so we didn't have to walk all the way back from the Yacht Club through Epcot. It's really worth the expense.

The only thing that worries me about the Illuminations cruise is that they don't guarantee you'll even SEE illuminations! when you book the cruise and ask for the 8:pm cruise you aren't guaranteed to see illuminations if they start late etc. - I was wondering if you lose your deposit if you don't get to see the show? would it be safter just to get a place on the ground? I just don't know! Help!

We have done this twice with Disers. Both times were wonderful. The first time we did have trouble with smoke and ashes, but it didn't deter from having a great time. We've never gotten a captain that knew much trivia, but we were able to have a great time talking on the ride. We went from the Yacht Club marina, over to MGM, back by the Boardwalk, and then into Epcot for Illuminations. It was an experience we will never forget. I am looking forward to being able to do this again some time.

I just had the chance to share a boat last friday with a fellow DISer...
Dan ..I really cannot thank you enough...
it was still raining for the show...but parked under the bridge it was dry...
the view was the best..
my DS couldnt stop talking about it...
even after he went to Disney Quest..
Ed

Dee and I are going on our first one Monday. I am really looking forward to this. I managed to find someone on this board who was looking to share the cruise. Looks like there will be 10 of us on the cruise. Should be a lot of fun!!
One question, please. Do the trees block your view?

Gail, I recall there is an island out there between you and the focal area, but it seems to just blend away into the inkyness of the water during the show and not interfere at all. You'll love it. Enjoy the trip, Gail, less than 4 to go!!!!! :bounce:

And that Dan above, in Ed's reply, is not me, LOL. Wish it was. :)

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
Gail, I recall there is an island out there between you and the focal area, but it seems to just blend away into the inkyness of the water during the show and not interfere at all. You'll love it. Enjoy the trip, Gail, less than 4 to go!!!!! :bounce:

And that Dan above, in Ed's reply, is not me, LOL. Wish it was. :)

Thanks Dan, hopefully some good photo ops will happen. :)
Someday we will be there at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter