Epcot Moonlight Magic Email Yet?

Well they still haven’t ironed out the process for DVC members with cash reservations at other resorts. I called immediately at 9 thinking it may be an issue and glad I did, because I was not able to book.
For those in the same boat, MS knew exactly what to do by associating my member number with my cash reservation number. Once they did that on their end, I was able to go back to the main registration page and go through the prompts to get signed up. The confirmation email showed up immediately. Hopefully this helps others in the same situation. Good luck!!
I am having this issue as well as a few others on another thread. I have 20 more minutes on hold. I hope they can fix this before it "sells" out. Thank you for posting the solution.

Well they still haven’t ironed out the process for DVC members with cash reservations at other resorts. I called immediately at 9 thinking it may be an issue and glad I did, because I was not able to book.
For those in the same boat, MS knew exactly what to do by associating my member number with my cash reservation number. Once they did that on their end, I was able to go back to the main registration page and go through the prompts to get signed up. The confirmation email showed up immediately. Hopefully this helps others in the same situation. Good luck!!

This was actually the first time that I didn't have to call MS. I have a cash room booked at the Yacht Club and I got the email this morning for registration with my Yacht Club confirmation number and I had no issue using that reservation number to book. I had everything completed before 9am. It is odd, but not unexpected for Disney IT that it worked for some and not others.

So, due to DVC not having my information correct in their system, I missed out on getting tickets this morning. Every single combinations of member ID to reservation number I tried gave me the error "Either your Member ID Number or Resort Confirmation Number does not match our records. If you have more than one reservation number, please try again using an alternate reservation number." I ended up spending two hours and 36 minutes on the phone with MS who told me ultimately, there was nothing they could do since the event is now sold out. We booked this trip specifically for this event as a surprise for my mother's milestone birthday. I am now praying more tickets open up...

So, due to DVC not having my information correct in their system, I missed out on getting tickets this morning. Every single combinations of member ID to reservation number I tried gave me the error "Either your Member ID Number or Resort Confirmation Number does not match our records. If you have more than one reservation number, please try again using an alternate reservation number." I ended up spending two hours and 36 minutes on the phone with MS who told me ultimately, there was nothing they could do since the event is now sold out. We booked this trip specifically for this event as a surprise for my mother's milestone birthday. I am now praying more tickets open up...
Pretty much same here. Eligible member, Stay booked on ineligible membership. Not a disqualifying combination, just not one the website can handle. My wife dialed at 9:12 and it was sold out by the time a CM was available.

Pretty much same here. Eligible member, Stay booked on ineligible membership. Not a disqualifying combination, just not one the website can handle. My wife dialed at 9:12 and it was sold out by the time a CM was available.

Exact same situation here. First I started a chat with MS and they told me that I was not eligible to book for today- this was at 9:03 so had that representative actually knew the details for eligibility for this event I most likely would have has tickets. Then I was told the same information by phone by MS. Only until I asked for a supervisor did I receive the correct reason I was unable to book and that is because my direct contract was not connected to that reservation. It's beyond frustrating.

I never received an email about this but did log in at 2pm (uk time) and got this booked online. First ever DVC stay so looking forward to it.
Can’t believe it is sold out already!!

Both August and July are sold out. What the heck?! I knew they sold out, but had no idea they couldn’t even handle the on-site guests! As big as Epcot is? Doesn’t make sense. Sent an angry letter to member services, not expecting anything from it but it made me feel better. This is the most elitist benefit they’ve ever offered. Had no idea this was a book your dining plans at six months kind of thing.

Today I was lucky. Not so for 4th of July party when I called in at 9 am the first day and told it wasn’t bookable. Before the time I saw it posted here all slots gone

I added on a day to August trip thru CRO at an allstars on the cutoff day last Sunday

Called MS yesterday afternoon when others reported receiving registration link emails

Was told I wasn’t eligible as DVC stays only. I insisted she double ck with supervisor. Yes I was correct

At 7:47 am today received the first of 3 emails from DVC with links, all the same but within 5 min span

Went in at 8:45 am on a lark and could book

To those hoping for cancellations, good luck & keep checking

Will say even though I was able to book following stated policy as to CRO non DVC rooms being eligible, I do think that those staying at a DVC resort should get first dibs. Same as with the soarin tour process we have yet to be able to book despite many trips each year

Both August and July are sold out. What the heck?! I knew they sold out, but had no idea they couldn’t even handle the on-site guests! As big as Epcot is? Doesn’t make sense. Sent an angry letter to member services, not expecting anything from it but it made me feel better. This is the most elitist benefit they’ve ever offered. Had no idea this was a book your dining plans at six months kind of thing.

I wrote an email as well. I expect nothing from it.

This is exactly how I feel. I thought it would be easy to book it online, but it was sold out Almost instantly. These buying direct Disney perks are overrated.

I got on at 9am EST. Was almost finished with my reservation, when I continued to get the error message. Tried for 5 minutes, then had to go to work. 1 hour later it said they were sold out. Called DVC to see if they would allow me to make the reservation since it was their server that caused my inability to complete the reservation. No dice. They said that despite the fact they know their server has issues, they wouldn't make any exceptions. They agreed that while I did all the right things, and was unable to complete the reservation due to their server, they wouldn't give me a reservation. Very frustrated.

Did anyone ever get a reply email? Would be interested if it was even worth my time or energy to file an email complaint since I went through 4 DVC member services/supervisors who all ultimately told me there was nothing they could do!! Long story on our situation!

I actually received a phone call from DVC. Very nice lady. She said that they know that their are capacity issues and that they are looking at ways to make things more fair. She acknowledged that capacity restrictions were only going to get worse as more dvc units were sold. One possibility is only allowing people staying onsite with points to attend. Plus only allowing up to the number of registered guests for a room. Another idea is a lottery system. Nothing was said about the IT problems, as we all know that is not going to get fixed.

My complaint in my email was about the 9:00 am time being unfair for those of us that have to work...to pay for our dvc addiction. I also mentioned that no matter what time you make it, there are going to be people working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter