Epcot on last day of food & wine

reichinger

Earning My Ears
We will be at Disney Nov 8-15 but the way I have our schedule planned, we end up at Epcot on 11/12, the last day of food & wine. What should I expect??? Crazy crowds on the last day? I really can’t switch the days around but I want to be prepared.

We were there last year until November 6th. We attempted to go to EPCOT for Food & Wine on 11/4 and just gave up…the lines for the food booths were crazy. Part of that has to do with the weekend, though. Maybe it won't be as bad on a Monday. FWIW, The WS will be where all the crowds are, the rest of the park wasn't too bad the day we were there.

We went during the last 2 weeks last year. The wine shop in the Festival Center was offering nice discounts! BOGO on tastings! They were trying to move the wines they were left with. Be sure to check it out to see if they that that again.

We were there the last weekend a couple years ago......it was also Jersey week and Dapper Day.
It was insane!
We stayed long enough for our lunch ADR and fast passes and then left

As previous posters have noted, the 12th is Veteran's Day so there will be the additional traffic. So busy but not Christmas week busy.

On the good side, you will get to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at the Eat to the Beat concert. They always give a great show.

WS will be terribly crowded the last day. Future world probably won't be too bad. 2 years ago we were there the last week and it was very crowded.

Yeah I'd say it'll be pretty bad. It's a holiday, so people will have off. The locals will also flock because it's the last day. It's also Jersey Week, so I'm assuming a lot of families will extend their vacation because of the holiday the following week as well.

Unfortunately for us, that's the same day we'll be going as well. Our only options were the 11th or the 12th, and we chose the 12th in hopes that it'll be slightly better than Sunday. I'm sure it'll be crazy either way, but honestly I can't remember a time where it wasn't crazy regardless of when we've visited F&W. Our plan is what it always is with Food and Wine, which is hit world showcase as soon as it opens, taste around the world, and then get out of dodge ASAP before the biggest crowds hit in the afternoon.

Yeah I'd say it'll be pretty bad. It's a holiday, so people will have off. The locals will also flock because it's the last day. It's also Jersey Week, so I'm assuming a lot of families will extend their vacation because of the holiday the following week as well.

Fortunately this year Jersey week is the week before, but yeah I'm sure some will still carry over onto this day. Fortunately, the majority of our trip happens after this, but you made me double check! Crowds will be bad enough as it is, don't scare me like that! :smooth:

2 years ago we were there on the last Saturday (versus the last day) and it was bananas. I remember driving there and waiting 15 minutes to get into the park - aka a lot of locals were there. What ruined it for me was an overwhelming number of HAMMERED adults, it was actually upsetting and very un-Disney. I refuse to go back that last weekend anymore. So - hopefully with you travelling there on a weekday those people will be at work!! :thumbsup2

Fortunately this year Jersey week is the week before, but yeah I'm sure some will still carry over onto this day. Fortunately, the majority of our trip happens after this, but you made me double check! Crowds will be bad enough as it is, don't scare me like that! :smooth:
You'll be lucky to miss Jersey week. We've done that twice and it was crowded. However with a long weekend for the end of F&W, I'm sure the locals will make up for it.
If possible, I would avoid F&W the last weekend and Monday. If you plan to go that day, just plan for a big crowd.

You'll be lucky to miss Jersey week. We've done that twice and it was crowded. However with a long weekend for the end of F&W, I'm sure the locals will make up for it.
If possible, I would avoid F&W the last weekend and Monday. If you plan to go that day, just plan for a big crowd.

Yeah I wish I could. We arrive the 10th so the earliest we could go is the 11th. So it was that, the 12th, or not at all. We’re expecting insanity for sure, but that’s nothing new for F&W. We’ll just try to hit it early and leave early!

If you go the last day go to the booths early if there are specific things you want to eat. I was there around dinner time last year and I went to 4 booths in a row and they were sold out of the items I wanted. Luckily I had eaten them earlier in my trip so I wasn't totally disappointed, and I ended up at Ample Hills so it wasn't a total wash out.

Last few days are insanely busy! We've done that and it was kind of a mess. It was the only day we could go, and I wanted to go no matter what.

If the last day is on a Monday then it shouldn't be too bad. You should note that several booths will have food items that are no longer available as they will have run out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter