Epcot Touring and Live Entertainment?

BornABrook

Earning My Ears
Last time my family and I were at Disney World, in September 1999, we missed out on a large part of Epcot. We really only saw one attraction in World Showcase, and none of the live entertainment except for the Riverdance show they had at the time. We also missed Innoventions because it was under refurbishment. We saw pretty much all the rest of Future World.

I’m planning a solo trip for September 2004, and am hoping to see all the things I missed. My high priorities, not necessarily in order, are:
- To see as much of the live entertainment in Epcot as possible.
- To do all the attractions in World Showcase.
- To ride Mission: Space! and possibly participate in the post-ride activities.
- To get a good, relatively unrushed, look through Innoventions.
- Do the whole Journey Into Imagination pavilion. The only thing currently there that I’ve seen before is the Honey I Shrunk the Audience movie, and I’d like to see that again as well as see the new ride.

I’ve been looking at Steve Soares’ web site which lists the various live entertainment schedules, to try and get an idea of how the schedule for the live entertainment works at Epcot, and I’m a bit bewildered at whether or not it’s possible to see it all without taking up an entire day just doing that. I may just need to sit down with an Epcot map and a printed out schedule spread out in front of me but at first (and second) glance it doesn’t really look like the times are set up to make it possible to see all the live entertainment one after the other. I realize that the show times may be completely different by the time I go, but I figure the basic pattern (or lack thereof?) should be the same and if I could work out a general plan of attack now it would be easier to modify that plan when the time for my trip approaches and I have a more reliable schedule to work from.

I’ll only be at Epcot for one day. At this point I plan to be there on a Sunday well before the park opens and I anticipate staying until the park closes. This will be either the 3rd or 4th week in September. It will be my first day in the parks, so my energy will be high. I tend to be pretty high energy anyway so a lot of walking isn’t an issue and it’s common for me to be at a park from opening to closing.

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can best go about seeing those things which are high priorities for me? Particularly any kind of strategy for seeing most, if not all, of the live entertainment and World Showcase attractions efficiently and still having time to see the other things I want to see. The other parks are pretty easy for me to plan out a strategy for, but I’m really having a hard time with Epcot. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brook

Just bumping this up once to see if there's anybody who can help now that the holiday weekend is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter