ESPN zone restaurant

dopeyfanatic

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten there? Last year we ate at Rainforst Cafe, so this time we were thinking about eating at ESPN. Is this pretty much a burger place? Is this food good, service good? I don't expect anything but noise anywhere in DL, so I'm not worried if it's a loud place. I just want to make sure I don't pick a place that's pretty boring. Rainforest was ok, but not super. Cute, but don't know that I'd go again unless my kids get older and ask to go because they don't remember.....Any idea on the prices? If it will cost the same as a character meal I think I might do a character lunch instead. I remember Rainforst being expensive, but not outrageous, at least for a vacation place. Thanks for the help!

We ate there last May. I signed up for the MVP club or something like that on their site. They gave us a $20 GC, $10 for games & a free mini cooler for signing up. Not sure if they're still doing this or not. http://www.espnzone.com/

The food was pretty good. Atmosphere was just like any sports bar I'd say. Service was great- the GC said it cannot be used on tax/tips but our waitress let us anyway! My son loved the games upstairs.

We even saw Tommy LaSorta there!

No, it's not just burgers. I had a shrimp ceasar salad that was so huge, I couldn't finish it. It was really good.

You can still sign up for the membership and get a $10 game card but they don't give the $20 merchandise/food card anymore. I think they were giving away too much food.

I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I'm not a sports nut. But I gave it a try anyway and really enjoyed it. We waited a little longer for a table on the right side. I don't remember what they call it, but it's got a huge tv screen surrounded by about 10 other screens, all showing various sporting events. Then at our table we had a monitor that we could change the channel on and watch our choice of what game we wanted. Also in the room, the front row there are some leather recliners with a side table and individual screen. These are a long wait to get though.

Upstairs, the games are a step up from your typical arcade, but that also means they cost more too. They work on points rather than dollars or tokens. Most games were around 6-8 points each. I can't remember how many points a $10 card holds, but we played probably 3 or 4 games each and still had a few points left. (There was 2 of us).

We went there in December. DS7 loved it.
We used the ESPNzone MVP club too. We got 40 free points, and two free coolers (DS7 uses his for a lunchkit)
It was fun, but when our points ran out we didn't buy more-they are quite expensive.
The food is good, and portions are huge. We had burgers, salads. I think the prices are typical Disney/Anaheim prices. The kids got plastic cups with Disney characters all over them that they got to bring home.
There is 175 tvs in there, so isn't real quiet!!

We were there in August and the 6 of us loved it. We joined the club, kids played the games. Waited maybe 5 minutes for the table. Food was great and large portions if your into pigging out. TV's everywhere, even in the bathrooms. With 4 teens, the break was nice.

Jack pirate:

I have eaten there three times, here are my reviews:

First time-party of 6 (4 adults, two 6 year olds)
I ordered the avocado wrap sandwich thing, DH got the Triple Double, we were seated outside (under a people heater) and our service AND food was fabulous!! The chicken tortilla soup is bland and the clam chowder is spicy (so says my mom, at least! LOL) but everything else got rave reviews.

Second time-party of 2 adults
We were seated in the quiet restaurant section, I got the shrimp fettucini alfredo and my friend Nancy got the BBQ breast of chicken, food was EXEMPLARY! Service was soooo fabulous-our drinks never got less than half full, we got dessert to go (Peppermint Patty Brownie), I cannot rave about this trip enough. The alfredo sauce was the best I had ever had (and I eat a lot of fet. alf. LOL!) and the BBQ chicken was perfect.

Third time-party of 4 (2 adults, one 6 yr. old, one 2 yr. old)
I got the seafood alfredo again, we were seated in the noisy section (LOL) with the huge TV and the recliners down below. This was a baaaaad trip. Food was nasty (I sent mine back and then took kids back to hotel to swim, they STILL charged me for my inedible food), it was very very loud and the service was terrible. 20 minutes to get our drinks, over 30 to get our food, just wasn't the right time to be there (was a Tuesday, thought we would be safe-HAHA on that!).

In all, 2 out of 3 times is actually pretty good. We are going there again in February and if it is bad that time, I will probably give up. If you want quiet, ask for outside or the restaurant side but there may be a wait for the restaurant part.

Hope that helps!!!!

Thanks for the replies! I think we will go ahead and try this one. My dh was interested, and my boys love sports. Plus we already have a $10 zone card....thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter