Etsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some sellers - I'm looking into it but being UK-based might go with Misi instead.

I'm new to this crafty thing, so forgive me if I sound really dumb but...
What is etsy?

Etsy is a site for selling crafts and craft supplies, and sort of works like eBay where you pay a tiny fee to post your items. It's addicting to both shop and sell! Some of the talent out there is really inspiring.

I have a shop and have sold a few items while experimenting with the site, but haven't quite bulked up my shop since then. I'm holding back some items so that I can post them all at once and have a full shop.

I have a shop. I just created a countdown calendar that I will have to figure out how to ship, might need to downsize.

etsy id: simplymissy

I want to remind everyone that you may have you Etsy user ID name in your signature without a link but you can not advertise the names of your companies in the thread, it is against DIS policy.

I have an Etsy shop for my Embroidered Quilt Blocks... My shop name is:

vahartwell

Would love for you to stop by

Bumping this-if anyone sells on etsy I have questions

do you need a state tax id?

How did you make your banner?

How do you draw interest to your shop? I am thinking of posting my pics =cross reference-on Pinterest?

I've got a show as well. Really fun to get your creations out there and see all the wonderful things others are making.

Made my banner using powerpoint. There is a pretty good tutorial with other tools for making within the seller handbook of etsy.

I don't have a tax id. Do others? It appears revenue of $20,000 or more is reported to the IRS (same as ebay).

etsyid: reworkedtreasures

I love Etsy and have a shop as well. :love:

I used Photoshop to make my banner, but a lot of people sell semi-customized
for less than $20.

I do have a tax and business ID. Each state it different, and in Hawaii you are required to have one if you do anything more than occasional, casual selling like a once a year garage sale. Etsy, however, will not ask for your license or ID number.

When you sell on Etsy, you must use either Paypal or Etsy's own merchant service. (There is an option for "other" ie checks, cash, or money orders sent snail mail, but it's rarely used.) Once you make $2,000 or receive money more than 200 times in a calendar year, Paypal will ask for your FEIN or SSN, and you will automatically receive a 1099 at the end of the year. I've heard that Etsy's payment system also tracks your income and will generate a 1099 at a certain threshold.

I don't do much advertising off-Etsy. I pin to pinterest on occasion, but it brings me less than 0.5% of my hits. Mostly, I try to use the right tags and titles so that etsy's system recognizes my listings as being relevant. I'm trying to learn about google and search engine optimization, but it's so confusing! On Etsy's forums, it seems like the best of the best sellers get tons of hits from google searches.

I just opened my Etsy shop!!! Thanks OP. This thread has helped!!!

My shop name is : CrumbSnatchersHats

I've received clarification on this thread from a Webmaster so we are closing this thread.
You can have your etsy ID in your signature, but not as a link. And you can't say what you are selling.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter