Europe cruises/travel summer 2020 -Anyone else thinking of cancelling??

I don't think they'll be sailing the Mediterranean this summer. It seems at best things might start to get better around June, but the whole world isn't on the same page so it seems difficult to coordinate sailings when some places might be healing and others not. A lot of ports might be closed to cruises for a while

I see DCL now has canceled all cruises up to 4/28. Guess we'll just have to wait until then for them to cancel the 5/11 TA. I also just thought of something else. We purchased the Disney Travel Ins. The TA is an International Water cruise so we thought it was prudent to do so. I'm now wondering if DCL will also refund the cost of the ins. if they cancel the cruise.

I see DCL now has canceled all cruises up to 4/28. Guess we'll just have to wait until then for them to cancel the 5/11 TA. I also just thought of something else. We purchased the Disney Travel Ins. The TA is an International Water cruise so we thought it was prudent to do so. I'm now wondering if DCL will also refund the cost of the ins. if they cancel the cruise.
Good question. I have purchased that insurance as well.

Norway and Iceland have a growing corona number too :/

Iceland’s number given their total population is especially high.They are testing and contact tracing like crazy. I cannot imagine they would be open to a ship with 4000 people docking when they are spending this much to protect their population right now.

Norway was also one of the countries that shut things done pretty quickly.

Iceland’s number given their total population is especially high.They are testing and contact tracing like crazy. I cannot imagine they would be open to a ship with 4000 people docking when they are spending this much to protect their population right now.

Norway was also one of the countries that shut things done pretty quickly.
Agreed - we’re all in this together but will have to stay apart to control it :(

Florids just announced shelter in place and travel restrictions for South Florida until mid May, no way can our TA sail from Miami now. I wish they would cancel so we could get our refund.

Norway and Iceland have a growing corona number too :/
Everyone has growing covid numbers, but we’re talking hypotheticals about cruises that are 5 months away. Things will not be the as they are now in 5 months.

Everyone has growing covid numbers, but we’re talking hypotheticals about cruises that are 5 months away. Things will not be the as they are now in 5 months.
I’m basing my opinion on the Deputy Chief Medical Officer of the United Kingdom who’s advised us that we are at least six months away from normality. Also the fact that this virus is high risk for many people and there’s currently no exit strategy. Experts predict that we are likely to see further surges and need for social distancing until a vaccine or treatment is produced in mass quantity.

I’m interested to know what’s your take on how we get back to normal in five months and reintegrate vulnerable people back to society, including global travel?

I’m basing my opinion on the Deputy Chief Medical Officer of the United Kingdom who’s advised us that we are at least six months away from normality. Also the fact that this virus is high risk for many people and there’s currently no exit strategy. Experts predict that we are likely to see further surges and need for social distancing until a vaccine or treatment is produced in mass quantity.

I’m interested to know what’s your take on how we get back to normal in five months and reintegrate vulnerable people back to society, including global travel?
The experts here think well peak in about two weeks and then start to decline. They also believe it’s going to be seasonal.
At some point things will have to return to normal or we will not have a world worth living in. I don’t know the exact timing no one does. I just know 5 months is a long time from now and a lot of things could change.

The experts here think well peak in about two weeks and then start to decline. They also believe it’s going to be seasonal.
At some point things will have to return to normal or we will not have a world worth living in. I don’t know the exact timing no one does. I just know 5 months is a long time from now and a lot of things could change.

That’s interesting as I understood it that Dr Fauci predicts that the only way to reduce the death rate in the US to a “reasonable” 100-200k is to flatten the peak, which means that peak will have to be sustained at a certain manageable level and won’t end quickly. The alternative just doesn’t bear thinking about does it. Cuomo is talking about many, many weeks to come and that NY is just the first to be hit hard. Please correct me if I’m wrong here, I’m no expert. What’s also concerning me is that China have just closed their borders to avoid a re-infection. Will Europe and then the USA do the same until it can be managed effectively through treatment? There are so many what ifs to me, I see this affecting global travel for a considerable time. I hope not as we have an October trip planned too.

That’s interesting as I understood it that Dr Fauci predicts that the only way to reduce the death rate in the US to a “reasonable” 100-200k is to flatten the peak, which means that peak will have to be sustained at a certain manageable level and won’t end quickly. The alternative just doesn’t bear thinking about does it. Cuomo is talking about many, many weeks to come and that NY is just the first to be hit hard. Please correct me if I’m wrong here, I’m no expert. What’s also concerning me is that China have just closed their borders to avoid a re-infection. Will Europe and then the USA do the same until it can be managed effectively through treatment? There are so many what ifs to me, I see this affecting global travel for a considerable time. I hope not as we have an October trip planned too.
I listened to the press conference today. There optimistic things we will be on the right path by June 1. As far as international travel I have no idea. I could see the travel bans to Europe being continued or lifted in June or July. It’s just so hard to predict. I think the virus will return next flu season, but like Fauci said we’ll be able to handle it better with treatments and testing and more people will have natural immunity.
As far as my own travel plans I’m going to make a decision in the next month or so. I’ve been on four European cruises. It’s not the end of the world if I have to change it to next year. Also the 10 day baltic cruise next year is the same price as my 7 day this year.
I have two weeks off in August that could be moved to September need be and I’m very optimistic that I’ll be able to plan a nice vacation in the US. Maybe Washington DC and then WDW. I also plan on taking a Caribbean cruise late Fall Nov/ Dec.

Another concern I have is what’s the economic situation going to be like in Europe this Summer. This is so devastating economically to the whole world.

I listened to the press conference today. There optimistic things we will be on the right path by June 1. As far as international travel I have no idea. I could see the travel bans to Europe being continued or lifted in June or July. It’s just so hard to predict. I think the virus will return next flu season, but like Fauci said we’ll be able to handle it better with treatments and testing and more people will have natural immunity.
As far as my own travel plans I’m going to make a decision in the next month or so. I’ve been on four European cruises. It’s not the end of the world if I have to change it to next year. Also the 10 day baltic cruise next year is the same price as my 7 day this year.
I have two weeks off in August that could be moved to September need be and I’m very optimistic that I’ll be able to plan a nice vacation in the US. Maybe Washington DC and then WDW. I also plan on taking a Caribbean cruise late Fall Nov/ Dec.

Another concern I have is what’s the economic situation going to be like in Europe this Summer. This is so devastating economically to the whole world.
Absolutely it’s devastating in every way, we are in a war-like situation and it’s unprecedented for our generation. The UK Gov have effectively taken over 80 % of furloughed salary payments for 95% of those people who are not currently able to work and are proving many packages of financial help to keep as many businesses afloat as possible. There will be some casualties but hopefully things will bounce back fairly quickly once restrictions are lifted, which will likely be a gradual process over months. After all many of us are just not able to spend our disposable income on eating out, travel etc right now. As I say, what I don’t know is just how this virus will be beaten. I have an elderly mother and a teenage son with a heart condition, mild but nevertheless a concern for me. I can’t foresee a time when I will be content for them to go about normal life again until some medical intervention provides a solution to the CV.

Absolutely it’s devastating in every way, we are in a war-like situation and it’s unprecedented for our generation. The UK Gov have effectively taken over 80 % of furloughed salary payments for 95% of those people who are not currently able to work and are proving many packages of financial help to keep as many businesses afloat as possible. There will be some casualties but hopefully things will bounce back fairly quickly once restrictions are lifted, which will likely be a gradual process over months. After all many of us are just not able to spend our disposable income on eating out, travel etc right now. As I say, what I don’t know is just how this virus will be beaten. I have an elderly mother and a teenage son with a heart condition, mild but nevertheless a concern for me. I can’t foresee a time when I will be content for them to go about normal life again until some medical intervention provides a solution to the CV.
I’m not afraid to travel or cruise. I d get on a cruise tomorrow if I could, but I have resigned myself to the fact that I have no control over what the government officials do. I’ve gone through a period of anger mourning, and now acceptance. Whatever happens happens I have no control over it. I can certainly understand people’s fear of getting on a ship right now especially if you have underlying hearth issues.

Florids just announced shelter in place and travel restrictions for South Florida until mid May, no way can our TA sail from Miami now. I wish they would cancel so we could get our refund.
De Santos said he misspoke the shelter in place is unitl April 15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter