Even more CP stuff...

Horizons16

DIS Veteran
I have heard from a reliable source that 90% of all CP applicants get put into the quick service food and beverage part of the program.
Does anyone know what deal with this statement is? True/False whatever?

~Steve

I would say false. But I do think Disney puts just about anyone that says they're willing to do qsf&b into that role. They just have so many spots to fill and a lot of the CPers are too afraid to say they don't want to do it.

I said I'd be willing to do QSF&B because frankly, I'd do anything to work in the World. That being said, I still got placed in Operations, which was one of my main choices.

There is simply no way 90% of the 6000 kids going to the World are going to be in QSF&B, but even if they were ... who cares? There's a lot more to the experience than the working part of it, even if we'd all like the perfect cool Disney job. It'll be fun no matter WHAT you're working!

so not true...I am on the program right now. If anything, there are more merchandise CPs than any other role. But it also depends on the program you are doing. A lot of resort roles and merchandise is taken by advantage CPs. The regular 4 month program kids get other stuff. QSF&B is supposed to be a hard job, but everyone thinks they have the hardest job here.

I would say from experience that a good portion of CP kids get QSFB. Probably not 90%, but a good portion.

It's also been my understanding that you are pretty much required to check Quick Serve on your job form, even if it's not one of your top choices. They say this during the phone interview; it's an area that is in constant need of employees, but frankly and understandably, it isn't in high demand among hopeful CPers. They need to fill the position and someone has to do it. I'm not sure how they decide who gets Quick Serve, but I assume it's simply the luck of the draw.

What exactly is so horribly awful about QSF&B???? Is it really hard or something?

Its not a super killer job...its just super busy, lots of standing, and lots of guests in your face. It can't be too hard, because they put people on light duty on the QS lines. I don't know why they would force you to check QSF&B on your form...they didn't force me or anyone I know. I actually only know 1 person on the program right now that even works QS. Like I said before, almost everyone I know is operations or merchandise. Maybe they're recruiting a bunch right now, but I bet their recruiting harder for housekeeping. If so, don't say no to housekeeping. Its hard, but its fun...and you learn so much and see so much that other CPs don't get to see. If you get an offer at all, there's no job that's so horrible you won't survive...and if you physically can't do the job, they'll work around that. I don't see any reason for someone not to accept any offer.

But if you really really don't want a role, let them know. They won't turn you away because you don't want something. But if you only want one thing and won't take anything else...then yes, they will turn you away. From a recruiting friend of mine...that's the first sign that you'll be a high maintance cast member and roommate. They don't want that. They don't want to have to babysit someone that's super picky and complains about everything.

I think it's just the fact that it's basically "fast food" is what turns a lot of people off from the roll. I would honestly say there isn't anything about QSFB that's more trying than say, a merchandise roll. You'll get irate customers with nearly any job imaginable and the problems that may arise are so easy to deal with if you can keep a level head.

Honestly though, I've interviewed twice now and both times was asked if I'd be willing to work QSFB even though I didn't check it, that it was a roll that was badly in need of staffing and they asked everyone over the phone to be open to working this roll. (In fact, the first time around, they also asked me to initial Custodial for the same reasons.) I was under the impression that it was pretty much a requirement to initial the roles or I wouldn't be considered. :confused3

Well, I told my interviewer I would do any role, because I think any job would be good experience. Even though I really really want Operations, I will still be happy with QSF&B because I will just be happy being there, away from home. (at least I hope!) :P

That's the spirit! :) I told them the same thing.

Oh and hey, no one's mentioned the premium pay for Quick Serve. I think it was like 35 cents more an hour.

Im going to tell them that as well, its not glorious but its Disney!

also, i have a goatee(sp?)... should i shave for the presentation?

In my interview I said that if I got food service, I wouldn't go. I told them specificaly I wanted to work on Main Street at the Emporium or the Confectionary. And that is exactly where I ended up.

But yes the majority of people work on the rides or food service, which in my mind would be very boring and repetitive.

Wow, I can't believe you said that in your interview. Personally, I could care less where they put me if I'd work in Merchandise. I'd be scared to death to say that because it sort of sounds like an attitude. However, it would be my dream (along with almost every other CP hopeful for Merch) to work at the Emporium. The chances are slim, however you lucked out. The man who did my presentation yesterday said that it's mostly luck as to where you end up working exactly.

I am trying to be a Vacation Planner and while I know they normaly don't take many people, I also said I would like to work merchandizing b/c of my experience in non-Disney jobs. I would be happy to work anywhere to be honest. But my dream is to help people plan their dream vacation and get those special little things that only a few that have experienced them know about (like Cindi's Royal table getting a table by the window for Wishes is SPECTACULAR). My friend in my Accounting class is staying at Shades of Green (the Army's hotel her husband is in the Army) and I am already helping her know what to ask for as far as little romantic things that don't cost that much (if any) more money. I just want to make it and working QSFB CAN'T be as bad in Disney as it is in the real world lol.

~Snow White's Proteje princess:

Proteje: I hope you know that a vacation planner is the person at the booths in front of a park that sells tickets. VPs are not concierges; the only planning they help people do is whether or not they want a three-day hopper or an ultimate hopper or whatever. It's a pretty misleading title, and you might know that, but I just wanted to be sure. Not that selling people tickets is bad.

dizprincess717 said:
Wow, I can't believe you said that in your interview. Personally, I could care less where they put me if I'd work in Merchandise. I'd be scared to death to say that because it sort of sounds like an attitude. However, it would be my dream (along with almost every other CP hopeful for Merch) to work at the Emporium. The chances are slim, however you lucked out. The man who did my presentation yesterday said that it's mostly luck as to where you end up working exactly.

Yes, the Emporium was fun. But I also had the latest hours of anyone I knew. The Emporium is the last place to close at the Magic Kingdom. I usually worked 5:30pm-1:30 am. And on E-ride night I worked untill 7pm-3:30 am. And on Grad night it was 10 pm-6 am! It took a little getting use to. The cp buses don't run that late either. We had to call and schedual the buses to come get us!

i got put into quick service food and beverage. im not going to lie and say its easy. i work at a resort and my hours could be anywhere from 5am to 12:30am. your shifts are always 8 hours mostly 8+ during busy seasons. Its got its good things too...higher pay, meeting lots of people. but its what you make of it that makes the program great. the living aspect is great if you get good roommates. If you have any questions let me know. ill be happy to answer them.

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter