Every Adventure Requires a First Step.

Chicago Mo

DIS Veteran
tenor.gif

Yes... It's me!
Mo!

Remember me?!? It's been a long time.... A VERY LONG time!!!
I have missed my Dis family something terrible.

If you are new to one of my reports
Hi! Welcome!
Your in for one heck of a ride! These reports tend to get derailed.. A lot-- but let's have fun- laugh- and learn from each other~ and I really NEED your opinions!

Next Chapter -
Who are you?
Chapter Page

Last edited:
I am under No obligation to make sense to you.

If ya hadn’t noticed we are going with a Alice in Wonderland theme here.. It just fits.

source.gif

I am Mo.

Chicago Mo here on the boards- written some really fun reports and met some amazing friends along the way! Which of course you can read them ALL following the links below if you see fit! Or your REALLY bored. LOL
If you haven’t guessed we are from Chicago. I am a Mom of the most beloved Triplets on the planet.
As some of you know I had a collection of jobs…
Working for this city…
TDS the best time of my life MY FAVORITE JOB loved making magic- until my beloved store closed it’s doors in 2017.
]

I instruct dog training --sadly at this time our Club after 70+ years was swashbuckled into leaving our facility. We are currently looking for a new place. At the time of writing this I have one paying job. It’s very strange.

I still love Photography! Go out as much as I can-- started up my web site again too!

It's been rough go these past couple of years so let’s get through this as fast ca I can-- I had a It’s Wonderful Life moment -- Yeah ME! who woulda thought... With that said and I won't comment on this anymore but check on your friends and family! If they don't seem like themselves be there for them without judgement.

I did something I never thought I could do last year,

I quit smoking.

Right now- I am smoke free for 7 months.

I am very proud! It was really hard – Found out I was a stress smoker! Just take it one day at a time…

And with quit smoking someone gained a bit of weight… I am on Atkins/Keto type of eating..

Oh and I have found the giant world of – CRICUT!
Oh my love of all things cricut. I cannot even count the amount of things I have made for the house, shirts, presents etc. I love love love it. If I am not driving kids to and fro or watching some sort of sport circuiting til my hearts content. I am watching all things Disney+ mind blown…
I think that’s enough about me…

On to My DH – Tom

We have been married 20 Years THIS YEAR! Great Googlie Mooglie I didn’t realize it is our 20th!!! – this deserves something…
Tom works in the office equipment industry and recently Target!!! WOHOOOOOO Who doesn’t love TARGET?!! He has been nicknamed Target Tom, Used to be in several bands and is a huge metal head.
Tom Fell in love with Disney on our 2010 trip and supports my addiction but secretly I know he loves every minute of it…
Tom is also on the Aktins/Keto eating. He just doesn’t know it.

On to the kids.
Before I get to the individually sections- their year has been a whirlwind of lasts and firsts..
Their Last year of Bulldogs (football and cheer) , last year of their Raider Career – Volleyball, Basketball- my last year of Coaching.

They GRADUATED!

Emotional isn’t a strong enough word..

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/2id14z6']

FIRSTS!

HIGH SCHOOL!

I still cannot believe this happened. My midgets are in HIGH SCHOOL! And all my money along with it.

Matt and Zack so far played Varsity Football

and currently all levels of Wresting (pictures soon)
They want to sign up for Volleyball but I believe football starts back up in April. They have NOT had a break between sports for well over a year.

Meghan played Freshman Volleyball

and soon to be softball. She isn’t doing much right now but hanging out with me at the gym every day. Until Softball starts.

They LOVE their High School and I cannot be prouder. Did I mention they are going to start drivers ed??? Time needs to stop.

Ran out of room..
Part TWO-​
Who Are You Part TWO
Chapter Page

Last edited:
Part two of YOU

Zack! 15 years old.

Not a fan of his hair cut here
The first born and totally independent, smart alec, sarcastic, he is me. Zack is the oldest and takes his job serious, as in, he reminds the other two more often then not.
He was diagnosed with a learning disability/language barrier when he was in the second grade. He has been fight hard and working even harder in school. With that He has outgrown a lot of it as the doctors did mention- his favorite subject is SPEECH! He is getting all A/B’s He wants to go into the trades after HS.
Matt! 15 Years old-

The middle child.. The largest of the three and a total mama’s boy- he doesn’t care who knows it. Loves to annoy his sister, brother and mother more then not. Not so much Tom.. not sure why he is freed of this.. A total CLOWN. Hates confrontation, a pleaser, a hugger, a gamer. Just wants to make everyone laugh.. Also getting amazing grades and LOVES HS. He will be an NFL player.. his entire life revolves around football—he is a walking encyclopedia of football. Along with his ambitious notion of playing for the NFL he wants to create helmets.

Meg! AKA Peanut- 15 Years old

NOT A BOYFRIEND.. just a friend..

Still goes by Peanut and gets very angry when she comes across others with the same name. She owns is. If you haven’t figured it out. She is tiny. Especially next to her giant brothers. She doesn’t LOVE HS like her brothers as much as tolerates it. Too much silliness and drama - nonsense she refuses to entertain. I love it. She has a couple of good friends but she is still has her BFF’s from grammar school those three are inseparable. She still eats and breaths Disney and is my broke best friend. She is a mini me. Our favorite down time past time getting into our most comfy clothes and curls up on the couch watch Disney+
If you were wondering. Yes she still has Duffy and still sleeps with him every night.

On to our furry family.
First up is Piper- 9 or 10 years old??

I can’t remember right now!!!

Meg’s Shetland Sheepdog She just had surgery to have the BIGGEST bladder stones removed out of a dog I have ever seen. 12 of them!!! It was crazy.. She is currently on a special food. And acting FINE.

Second is our rescue Great Dane
Raven

She is about 8 we don’t know exact since she was found running around the street of Chicago while listening to Sara McLanahan songs..
She’s about 100 pounds and acts like a toy poodle.
My heart was torn apart with the passing of my boy Logan. At 7 years old he was diagnosed with cancer in his head and intestines.
We also lost our beloved trickster and all around pain in the tuckus Stevie. He was older and Zak said he wasn’t himself the day we left for a trip to TN. He was gone when we got back. IT WAS SO SAD!
So we needed Furry Fillers.
I introduce you to the newest members

First up is Murphy 17mts.

We rescued him from an amazing kennel that has TONS of puppies for adoption. When we went there we wanted both Murphy and his brother Finn yet they wouldn’t go down in price for adopting two dogs and I couldn’t afford over 800.00 for the adoption of two puppies -so we made the harsh decision to bring home Murphy. Sadly his brother is still in the facility.. I am not training him for show. He is just my buddy who loves to cuddle while watching more Disney+ He loved the lady and tramp movie..

Then we bought two little creatures. No more ferrets. I cannot handle the smell..
Making their DIS debut
Fred!

He is SO SOFT this is a little guy wo hops around and likes to be pet. Super sweet and just ADORABLE

And
Chili-

Chili is stand offish until he accepts you – then all bets are off he is hopping on your head.

They are a lot of fun. Not Stevie fun. But fun to watch
On to the SHOW!

I guess i need to re-learn the dis and posting pictures???
Chapter Page
When and Where

Last edited:

Wow! So good to see you back on here. I have read most of your reports and although, did not comment much I always enjoyed them. So glad to see you back. Congrats on quitting smoking! And your kids are so big now.

OMG! I am so jealous! I need a trip! Gave up last year for a new right knee and passing on this year to do a new left knee (April)

So good to see you here!

And CONGRATULATIONS on no more smoking! That is HUGE!

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn

Yo Yo Mo! I'm here!

I cannot believe i put it on the trip reports and not the the PTR section.
I feel like a moron...

It has been too long...

Wow! So good to see you back on here. I have read most of your reports and although, did not comment much I always enjoyed them. So glad to see you back. Congrats on quitting smoking! And your kids are so big now.

Hello!!!! Thank you for the warm welcome back! Thanks for always reading along! Glad your here and hope you post more! I do hope this is as entertaining as the other reports.. As you know all my reports just take a life of it's own..

Thank you! It's weird not smoking -there are times like Oh I need to go smoke.. then realize nooooo.... Now i can't even be near it gives me a terrible headache and makes me ill...
Never knew if your driving behind a smoker the smokes goes into your car??? Yeah i cannot tell you how many times i had to drive away from people!!!

OMG! I am so jealous! I need a trip! Gave up last year for a new right knee and passing on this year to do a new left knee (April)

So good to see you here!

And CONGRATULATIONS on no more smoking! That is HUGE!

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn

Hello there!
Good to 'See ya!'How are you doing with the surgeries? TELL MEEEEEEEEEE
we have not gone in over 5 years. The disney stores around here are run by a friend of the nasty manager i had.. SO SAD! but whatever i have an answer to that too..

Well I am glad to have the three of you here to help me with this trip.

It happened-- I was doing SO GOOD with staying away from everyone.. and POOF!

I got sick...

So.. I am going home getting some sinus advil
then pick up kids take them to the doctor for their booster shots. then i am going home. No gym. No helping coach going because i cannot BREATH! and i am crabby.

Cuddling with Murphy sounds amazing right now-

I hope to get into the how what and why of this trip tomorrow..
In the meantime what do you think of going in October? maybe end of October into November??
You all have an amazing magical happy day!

In the meantime what do you think of going in October? maybe end of October into November??
You all have an amazing magical happy day!

I like October. Its still hot and you can celebrate Halloween at the MK. Not sure when the Halloween Parties stopped last year and the Christmas parties started or how long your trip will be but maybe you could go end of October/November and get a chance to do both?

I con't wait to hear about the details! (and pm me...)

Sorry you are sick! Murph looks like he is a great nurse pup! (and he still looks Anatolian to me)

Surgery on the right knee went extremely well. Still have swelling, but doc said that could last for a year. But the left knee started complaining because I used it so much after the right knee surgery. Funny thing is the left knee has always been worse arthritis wise, but the right knee has always hurt more. So after April both knees will be done.

I like October. Its still hot and you can celebrate Halloween at the MK. Not sure when the Halloween Parties stopped last year and the Christmas parties started or how long your trip will be but maybe you could go end of October/November and get a chance to do both?

I cannot agree with you more. I am a HUGE halloween fan. and MNSSHP is my favorite ever! and great minds.. I had thought about going at the end of the month too! I would love to do a split stay too IF i can afford it!

I con't wait to hear about the details! (and pm me...)

Sorry you are sick! Murph looks like he is a great nurse pup! (and he still looks Anatolian to me)

Surgery on the right knee went extremely well. Still have swelling, but doc said that could last for a year. But the left knee started complaining because I used it so much after the right knee surgery. Funny thing is the left knee has always been worse arthritis wise, but the right knee has always hurt more. So after April both knees will be done.

So umm... kinda takes away from posting here since we chatted on facebook! HA HA HA
Like i told ya earlier you will feel so so much better after your surgeries! I still have swelling on both my knees. It goes down after my gym visits! just keep up with PT. i HATED PT but now i see how much it's needed...

I still am sneezing more then sneezy himself. it's crazy WILL NOT STOP

66EhmF.gif

WILL NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Murphy is quite the snuggley doggo! but then he throws his head back to smell your face and sometimes will head bump you that you see stars.

Crazy puppy!!!

Following along. Looking forward to reading more

Hi there and welcome aboard!!!

Glad to have you!

Hello All!​
I am still sneezing my head off. It went from the left side of my face to the right and the right is worse!!
Needless to say I am sneezy and grumpy all rolled up in one angry dwarf!

A little backstory- Walgreens screwed up my thyroid medication for about 3 months a few years ago. Well it's finally coming to a close and I should have an answer by the end of this month. I have an idea of how much- not like i can retire and i own the company but enough to pay off bills and go on a vacation!!!
Once i have the Money IN HAND i will book this trip. so clearly everything is hanging in the wind until i have that money..
Tom's sister also owes us a LARGE sum of money form his mom's house. She still is playing games.

Of course as soon as i found out we would be able to go on a vacation i started to look again. I have taken myself out of Disney craze since the loss of my job and not getting another one. so I had bad Disney depression.. UNTIL-----------

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow's just a dream away
I found out about the settlement​

As any planner knows you need to know WHEN..

When should we go?​

Our normal trips are in early Sept for Zack-Matt and Peanut's birthday.
That's out. Football and Volleyball season is in full swing no vacation will pull the boys away from Football. the coach will hunt me down too..
that's out.

As you all know Halloween is our FAVORITE time of the year..
49397390013_07a31e1d7f.jpg
[/url]

Which would make me think October would be awesome time to go. How are crowd levels??? you know darn well i will not go during a high crowd time..
Nope

So then.. with my big brain i thought..
End of October into November? get best of both worlds! Like Piximama91 said too.. Big brains!!!

October:
MNSSHP_MSMKTHOU_7052580336_zpsd970de31.jpeg
[/URL]

AND!

poof Christmas!
I don't know the crowd levels.. this is a HUGE deciding factor..

Along with the WHEN will you go comes the---

WHERE???

My favorite resort of ALL time is the Poly! There just isn't anything better.. IMO

Heaven-

67.jpg

I do want to try something else..

The kids have been wanting

tumblr_noxy14fU8M1rjapcjo1_500.gif

sembo-127207-a69ea1a6_z.jpg_resizeMode=FitInside_formatSettings=jpeg(quality-90)-837365.jpg

The pool still scared the bejebus out of me..

If funds would allow my dream would be a split stay?
Club Level?

What to do....
Opinions!

Chapters

Random Pictures and the Falcon

Last edited:
I love the EPCOT area resorts. For my family , we like YC best with BC a close second then BWI. I will say our room location was the main reason we have BWI third so I think you really can’t go wrong with any of those three. I do love the Poly too but being able to walk to two parks has me liking the EPCOT area locale better .

Ok, so the very nosy person that I am is glad you shared your Walgreens story...I so wanted to ask in our messages (because, you know, nosy me) but I refrained and was polite. :rotfl2:

The late October early November plan is something I would LOVE to do, but I have been reading about really bad crowds at that time of the year. But you know I have not been there in a while so I have no first hand experience. Also, those late MNSSHP parties sell out quickly. There has been a lot of grumbling in trip reports about them overselling the parties and that they are also extremely crowded these days. Again, no first hand experience, just what I have been reading in trip reports from people that go often.

Resort wise...I'm with you...the Poly will always be my favorite! But the things we do for our kids...and yours are still in your house (mine is going to be 26 in February!!!), so maybe a split stay for you. Each resort has some great selling points...Boardwalk is right by HS and Epcot...so easy access to all the new stuff in HS and Food and Wine, and then the Poly well it is just perfect for everything. I would put it on the end of the trip since it is so relaxing there!

Can't wait to hear more.

I love the EPCOT area resorts. For my family , we like YC best with BC a close second then BWI. I will say our room location was the main reason we have BWI third so I think you really can’t go wrong with any of those three. I do love the Poly too but being able to walk to two parks has me liking the EPCOT area locale better .

I have never stayed at either one so i am EXCITED for the new experience!
I just think Boardwalk will be better suited for teenagers.
Epcot and HS are two of our FAVORITE parks!

Especially when SW ad TSL are now part of fastpass! WHOOP!

I do want to try new places i have stayed at POLY already and SHOULD broaden my experiences!

Ok, so the very nosy person that I am is glad you shared your Walgreens story...I so wanted to ask in our messages (because, you know, nosy me) but I refrained and was polite. :rotfl2:

The late October early November plan is something I would LOVE to do, but I have been reading about really bad crowds at that time of the year.

Oh Noooooooooooo no no no... Not going to happen.

But you know I have not been there in a while so I have no first hand experience. Also, those late MNSSHP parties sell out quickly. There has been a lot of grumbling in trip reports about them overselling the parties and that they are also extremely crowded these days. Again, no first hand experience, just what I have been reading in trip reports from people that go often.

I was NOT aware of this either.. I really need to go and read some reports!!

Resort wise...I'm with you...the Poly will always be my favorite! But the things we do for our kids...and yours are still in your house (mine is going to be 26 in February!!!), so maybe a split stay for you. Each resort has some great selling points...Boardwalk is right by HS and Epcot...so easy access to all the new stuff in HS and Food and Wine, and then the Poly well it is just perfect for everything. I would put it on the end of the trip since it is so relaxing there!

Can't wait to hear more.

Ya know when we do go they will be able to drive??? seriously WHEN did that happen? this year will be a decade of us going to Disney!!! WOOHOO!!

I would love to do a split stay.. BUT i might try another DIFFERENT resort? I need some expertise in resorts!

well crud- i have no idea what to do...
Boardwalk is still 1..

---------------------------------------------------------------

So i don't know if i can say this or not.. BUT I just turned into a TA!
YES I DID!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO Excited to help families have some amazing magical adventures! If you want to know more i think you messaging me would be the best bet!

next im going to catch you all up with pictures! I know how much you adore pictures!​

Reactions: DLo
First off if you don't know

FastPass+
reservations for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run are available in the My Disney Experience app on or after Feb. 19.

Similar to other theme park offerings, when making FastPass+ plans for HS, select between either Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash (pending availability). Then, add additional experiences to plans, including Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Fantasmic! and more.

So that's cool...

MONTAGE--

i uploaded a bunch of pictures i thought i can show you all!
So first off I have told you all so many times how i want to move..
this is why-
Click for video--

I HATE SNOW. I also don't like the fact Indiana does NOT plow..
and Now- a total mash up of stuff in no time order-- LOL
I walked past the boys room and apparetnly Chilli needed attention-

He was hungry - blue because the boys have those LED light strips.. they blind me..
Murphy chillin on the couch made me laugh

So i complain about wrestling. BUT i would never had known about these amazing pickles they sell at concession

why did i take a picture of a pickle is still unknown.. the things you do when your board...
Peanut in her Volleyball uniform!

You can never have enough peanut pictures! <3

i don't have a picture of Zack- he never brought home his pictures and are currently STILL in his locker-

49397395783_c9cda6f6f7.jpg

he is so stinking cute

and i cannot go to the bathroom without being watched.

next is going to be homecoming!

Chapter Page

Homecoming and Dells trip

Last edited:
~Homecoming!~​

What's nice about about this is- Meg was able to bring her 2 BFF's to her homecoming and she was able to bring the boys BFF! All of them are staying very close from grammar school!

Thank GOODNESS for my FANTASTIC friend who had a ton of dresses that she had for her daughter!
She was a LIFE SAVER

49397870741_dd66feb5ae.jpg

I loved this one-- but she didn't pick it

49398084112_618a431e2d.jpg

I just love these flowers!!!
49397869621_af1b54d1b0.jpg

BFF-
49397392938_59701631bd.jpg

BFF-
49398080382_17a41625c2.jpg

I have the WORST lighting in my living room!

49397392198_54827d11df.jpg

49398080212_285dc8709c.jpg

As usual the girls slept over.

49397866711_8b06bdb96f.jpg

The kids didn't want to go to their 8th grade trip to springfield. so i figure we can run away to the dells! Tom stayed behind since he had to work and needed someone to take care of my furbabies!

49362622363_b6ceef475d.jpg

49363351767_0f8c60edff.jpg

49363138986_c780832fbd.jpg

49363141731_cce97b9717.jpg

Fun restaurant
click for video-
49362621128_796cca9380.jpg

we had the whole park to ourselves!

49362676398_d23916a9f2.jpg

49363348767_175442ccb7.jpg

49362674488_671675b541.jpg

49363287247_7014f63f1f.jpg

tomorrow I hope to have more information on resports?

and then more of our 2019 life!

Chapter Page

Covid Break 5 months later!

Last edited:
Glad you are back !
Right now- I am smoke free for 7 months.
That is great
I still love Photography! Go out as much as I can-- started up my web site again too!
What camera do you use? I'm thinking of getting a good camera to take pictures of my girls at sports and for our Alaska cruise

When we went there we wanted both Murphy and his brother Finn yet they wouldn’t go down in price for adopting two dogs and I couldn’t afford over 800.00 for the adoption of two puppies -so we made the harsh decision to bring home Murphy.
Sorry about the loss of your dog.

Have you asked the rescue/adoption center if they will lower the price since he is still there? I have volunteered with 2 small rescues and I know the adoption fee does not even come close to paying all the crazy vet bills, plus food. '

Once i have the Money IN HAND i will book this trip. so clearly everything is hanging in the wind until i have that money..
Tom's sister also owes us a LARGE sum of money form his mom's house. She still is playing games.
I can't believe his sister still owes you money.
The pool still scared the bejebus out of me..
The boardwalk slide is one of my favorites. The location is great if hollywood studios still has the virtual que when you go. We went last minute christmas week. We booked Thursday for a saturday- sunday stay. It was so nice to wake up and just walk to hollywood studios at the crack of dawn. It was a 6 am park opening. We were in the park before 6. We were able to ride ROTR by 9:30 and have time to go back to the room before a nap and check out/ switch resorts.

Hi, Mo! It is great to see you back here again. It is very exciting to see that you are planning a trip. It has been a long time.

Congratulations on going smoke free! That must have been hard.

I can't imagine you only having one job. :) Is life a little easier now?

The kids look great. I'm glad to see that the boys got into varsity football. They must keep you busy with all their activities.

Your daughter is adorable. It is nice that she shares the Disney love with you. One of my daughters is into Disney, too, and it is fun to talk Disney with her. :)

I'm sorry to hear about Stevie but at least you don't have to worry so much about your furniture. The chinchillas are very cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!