Every Mile is a Miracle

Your recaps are soooo much better than watching the actual movies. I saw those many years ago when they originally released and never went back to watch again as I didn't like them. Now I feel like I should.
I am glad you are enjoying my scatter brained notes about these movies. Hahaha.

The prequels are useful (not the first one) for helping set the character arc for Luke. If you view the Star Wars saga as Luke’s story, the second two help define his backstory and fill in some details the original trilogy leave out. Other than that, no, they’re not really necessary except as a vehicle for Lucas to show off his digital and CGI creations.

Also, your Star Wars takes fit right in with this Harry Potter commentary

LOL. That was entertaining.

My husband gets all of my best commentary. Since he has seen them all I have no problem talking through the whole thing and asking questions to him.

Also, R2D2 was the cute character until they created Porgs and LBY. I love his little beep boops. And obviously I was familiar with him from Star Tours and stuff but I like seeing him in action.

I was really hoping for some big, cool, reason or way that Darth Vader got his name, much like how Voldemort chose his name, but WOW that was very anti-climatic.
There's a whole lot more of R2-D2 being cool in the 3 movies that are up next.

Random trivia note about Vader's name origin. The Dutch word for father is Vader so it's a play on words. Dark Father. There are other instances where George Lucas gave characters names that have an applicable meaning in a foreign language as to who they are in Star Wars. Count Dooku came from the Japanese word doku meaning poison.
Also, we did rewatch Episode VII, The Force Awakens, on Disney+ the other day and then realized we never say Episode VIII, The Last Jedi, but I don't see it on Disney+. Is is not on there?
I think it's coming to Disney+ on December 26th of this year.
The prequels are useful (not the first one) for helping set the character arc for Luke. If you view the Star Wars saga as Luke’s story, the second two help define his backstory and fill in some details the original trilogy leave out.
This is where Star Wars gets somewhat tricky. While the original trilogy is Luke's story, the prequels in a sense turn the entire George Lucas era into Anakin's story. But now we're getting into geek semantics here and most probably don't want to hear me argue about that all day long.

The prequels are useful (not the first one) for helping set the character arc for Luke. If you view the Star Wars saga as Luke’s story, the second two help define his backstory and fill in some details the original trilogy leave out. Other than that, no, they’re not really necessary except as a vehicle for Lucas to show off his digital and CGI creations.

This is golden.

I can see this side for sure because I already feel really bad for Anakin.
For all the random bad or weird things about the prequels, the story they tell is very interesting. How does a person full of so much promise fall to such depths?

From the get go my first thoughts were -- why is the accuracy of their pew-pews so terrible. There are just red and green pews flying all around and minimal hits. It's like me on Toy Story Mania.
I feel like R2D2 should have pew-pew capabilities,
:rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Overall, I am just wondering how necessary the prequels actually are. Did I need to know this back story?
No, you didn’t. I prefer to pretend the prequels don’t exist.

I finished my 6 week run bet that I was doing to make sure I was getting out there still and putting in some work. Which means now I don't *have* to run for the rest of the year. But I am 8 miles shy of 800 miles for the year so I will at least do 8 more miles. Not anywhere close to my goal for the year but that's okay. There is always next year.

Anyway, just gotta get through this week and then we are going to Disneyland for the weekend. <3

Monday: REST DAY

Tuesday: REST DAY

Wednesday: Lunch Run. I was hoping that I was going to get rained on during this run but I didn't. Just sprinkles.
Plan - 4 mi @ EA (11:21)
Actual - 4.01 @ 11:06

Thursday: The mornings have just been too cold for me to even think about getting out of bed, so I have been doing a lot of lunch runs. And I am actually okay with it.
Plan - 3 mi @ EB (10:36)
Actual - 3.22 @ 10:24

Friday: REST DAY

Saturday: Two more runs left for my RunBet and I left them for the weekend, of course. Ha.
Plan - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Actual - 2.98 @ 10:51

Sunday: Last run that I *have* to do for the year!
Plan - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Actual - 3.01 @ 10:44

Total Weekly Mileage: 13.22
Total Time Spent: 2:22:38
Average Pace: 10:46

Upcoming Training:
Monday - REST DAY
Tuesday - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Wednesday - 3 mi @ EA (11:21)
Thursday - 4 mi @ EB (10:36)
Friday - 5 mi @ LR (10:19)
Saturday - Disneyland!
Sunday - Disneyland!

^^^ This seems ambitious. We shall see what I actually get done. Haha.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Me to Brad: “You know, I guess Han Solo is one of the characters that I really don’t know much about except that he shot first, who his kid is, and that he dies.”
Brad to me: “Then this movie should answer some of your questions.”

So yeah, Solo is about Han Solo who acquired his name almost in the same stupid fashion that Darth Vader did. I had a lot of people comment to me about us watching this one. Someone said it gets a bad rap. Lots of people said it was their favorite. I’m gonna go ahead and say that I fell asleep when we tried to watch it on Saturday night. But I don’t think it was the movie’s fault, I was just really sleepy. So I watched this one over two days. And yes, I had the same drink both times I watched it.

I really liked the casting for this movie. The guy who plays Han Solo reminded me of a young Harrison Ford. His mannerisms were so spot on. And then the girl shows up and I am like “Man, she looks familiar!” and Brad says “Yeah I guess she is from GoT?” and I go “OMG IT’S THE MOTHER.” and he was like “Who?” and I pulled up a picture of her on my phone and say “THE MOTHER!” (And that is literally all the knowledge I have about GoT.)

There was a lot going on in this movie and I am pretty sure I missed a whole bunch of things and I didn’t really take very good notes. Here goes nothing.

Like I said before, the way he got his name was really stupid.

The way he met Chewy was pretty cute but like really what were the chances that he speaks Wookie? Honestly.

This whole movie makes Smuggler’s Run make a lot of sense. But I guess they made up the character that is in the ride? I don’t remember seeing him anywhere.

Why did they have to make Lando’s droid look and act so stereotypical? Did she really need to have such off set hips? Good grief.

I was pretty impressed with how well Disney did with the inside of the Millennium Falcon at the parks.

I now know what a Kessel Run is, and why they named a Challenge medal after it.

I feel like we meet a lot of characters in this movie and probably never see them again. It’s kind of weird. I asked Brad if Qi’ra was the baby mama, but he said no. It just seemed so fitting since she went to the dark side. *shrug*

But I guess what I got out of this movie was who Han Solo was, how he got his name, how he met Chewy, how he met Lando, and that he can fly. I didn’t hate this movie. It was pretty good. Entertaining. Had some plot twists. Scarface guy was creepy. Woody Harrelson’s character was a typical Woody Harrelson character.

JzlbBFlt5xAf5z1IbHCal31j16pTMkZNtt6K7WFmekLHWbvJpZNG4Uj8sxWIwruv4N8olLSuC7dWPAbxZtzVRGrIWTcYq9QvROQweoVrlj3lPZ6YX1bhb2MeuXVG03x8kPcOmsU3268=w2400

Booze Pairing:
Jim Beam Black Extra Aged with 2 cubes of ice.
Brad chose this because it’s a straight bourbon (solo) and it’s probably what Hans and Chewy would drink.

But I guess they made up the character that is in the ride?
Hondo Ohnaka isn't made up for the ride. He is from the TV series Clone Wars. He also is present in Star Wars books. He is voiced by Jim Cummings who is also Winnie the Pooh and Tigger :)

I agree though that Solo is fun and entertaining. I don't hate it but its not my favorite film either. I do think many give it a bad rap due to the new trilogy hatred period. Had this film come out at a different time I think it would be liked more.

I asked Brad if Qi’ra was the baby mama, but he said no. It just seemed so fitting since she went to the dark side. *shrug*
OMG I cannot believe you asked that, you really know NOTHING about Star Wars how is this possible living in the United States of America on this planet Earth and walking amongst all the Star Wars t shirts, rides, and other stuff at Walt Disney World o_O I am truly impressed.

OMG I cannot believe you asked that, you really know NOTHING about Star Wars how is this possible living in the United States of America on this planet Earth and walking amongst all the Star Wars t shirts, rides, and other stuff at Walt Disney World o_O I am truly impressed.
Okay, I am going to admit something that I probably shouldn't right now because it was a big
source.gif

moment for me.....
I know the whole "I love you, I know" thing. I have seen the merch. I was a photographer at plenty of weddings that referenced it. And somewhere in my brain the wires got twisted and I forever and ever thought it was between Luke and Leia. Even though it is CLEARLY Han in all the merch. My brain was still like: "Dats Luke and Leia, ew."

So it was kind of a fair question on my behalf, but also after I asked that and let it linger for a few hours I realized my mistake in that thought. That also does not mean that Leia had to be the baby mama. Han could have gotten someone else pregnant and they could like, still love each other.

This whole movie makes Smuggler’s Run make a lot of sense. But I guess they made up the character that is in the ride? I don’t remember seeing him anywhere.
In case you were worried, you do not need to see the Clone Wars or Rebels for Hondo's backstory.
I feel like we meet a lot of characters in this movie and probably never see them again. It’s kind of weird. I asked Brad if Qi’ra was the baby mama, but he said no. It just seemed so fitting since she went to the dark side. *shrug*
I believe they had bigger plans for some of these characters in sequels to the Solo story, but then the movie really struggled at the box office so it does feel like what you said. As someone who cannot actually remember a time when Star Wars was not a part of my life, I benefit greatly from the perspective of others because it helps me to not take something I love so much too seriously.

Have fun at Disneyland this week. I was there this past weekend and will be back there again in 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter