Exit Ramp from World Drive

IngmarP

Earning My Ears
I thought the exit ramp from World Drive to Fort Wilderness opened about a year ago, but Google Earth still shows it under construction. Can anyone confirm that it's open now?

It is open. We utilized the exit going to Fort Wilderness in February 2018.

I thought the exit ramp from World Drive to Fort Wilderness opened about a year ago, but Google Earth still shows it under construction. Can anyone confirm that it's open now?

Just to be sure, are you talking about the large resort ramp or the road-level exit for the Fort? The exit for the Fort is to the right as you head up World Dr. and, as Bj indicated, it has been open for a while now. The large ramp that exits to the left and heads to the resorts, on the other hand, is still under construction.

At this point in time, the signage is not great as you approach this point. The sign that indicates Fort Wilderness is to the right is well after the "All resorts to the left" sign. Be sure you stay to the right to avoid an accidental tour of the other resorts.

Just to be sure, are you talking about the large resort ramp or the road-level exit for the Fort? The exit for the Fort is to the right as you head up World Dr. and, as Bj indicated, it has been open for a while now. The large ramp that exits to the left and heads to the resorts, on the other hand, is still under construction.

The large ramp to the left for the MK Resorts is OPEN. We were there 4 weeks ago and it was open for business. Fort traffic still exits to the right prior to the toll booths.

The large ramp to the left for the MK Resorts is OPEN. We were there 4 weeks ago and it was open for business. Fort traffic still exits to the right prior to the toll booths.

Hopefully that alleviates some of the traffic getting off the right ramp. When we arrived in July, traffic was backed out to World Drive waiting for exit ramp to Fort Wilderness.

My mistake. When we were there in late July is was closed and I thought I had read it still was. Thanks for clearing it up.

The road level exit for the Fort. We have been entering the "back way" by the softball field for the last few years to avoid having to navigate the parking booths with the motor home. I look forward to getting the full WDW entrance experience without having to worry about losing a mirror.

No more "Parking Booths" :yay: The "Fly Over" for WL, CR, PV, GF, SoG is great.

I have 2 issues with the new road construction,

1st---The right turn for merging on to Vista Blvd. https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...1!1s2018-09-16!8m2!3d28.3957148!4d-81.5536796 is very tight. It should have been a larger radius.

2nd---The new exit road on to World Dr. bypasses the gas station so we still have to go past PV. Just a little more time consuming.

SO honest opinion......I will be driving alone (female) with at RAM 2500 and 22 ft trailer and 2 small grandsons. I am torn bwtween brining it to stay at the Fort and just driving my car and staying hotel. My concern is all the road construction through orlando in general when we were there January of 2018. How is the construction/traffic going now? I am not nearly as good at this rig as my husband, and he won't come just to drive us :)

SO honest opinion......I will be driving alone (female) with at RAM 2500 and 22 ft trailer and 2 small grandsons. I am torn bwtween brining it to stay at the Fort and just driving my car and staying hotel. My concern is all the road construction through orlando in general when we were there January of 2018. How is the construction/traffic going now? I am not nearly as good at this rig as my husband, and he won't come just to drive us :)

Countrywife45,

I'm guessing that you're coming down I95 to I4 into WDW because of your concern about road construction in Orlando.

One alternative some folks have used is to continue south on I95 below Daytona to the Titusville area and then come west on the Hwy 528 (it is a toll road) which approaches Orlando near the Orlando Airport but you can drop down onto Hwy 417 (still toll) and make your approach into WDW that way. It adds about 15 minutes and there are a couple tolls but avoids that whole I4-through-Orlando mess.

I bet the boys would like camping at the Fort so that may be a small price to pay for peace of mind. Would beat a hotel room by miles. And if you're considering towing to WDW in the first place, this change of route should be easy to pull off.

Bama Ed

PS - btw, you win the "Coolest Internet Grandmother of the Day" award. :drive: :tinker:

Countrywife45,

I'm guessing that you're coming down I95 to I4 into WDW because of your concern about road construction in Orlando.

One alternative some folks have used is to continue south on I95 below Daytona to the Titusville area and then come west on the Hwy 528 (it is a toll road) which approaches Orlando near the Orlando Airport but you can drop down onto Hwy 417 (still toll) and make your approach into WDW that way. It adds about 15 minutes and there are a couple tolls but avoids that whole I4-through-Orlando mess.

I bet the boys would like camping at the Fort so that may be a small price to pay for peace of mind. Would beat a hotel room by miles. And if you're considering towing to WDW in the first place, this change of route should be easy to pull off.

Bama Ed

PS - btw, you win the "Coolest Internet Grandmother of the Day" award. :drive: :tinker:
LOL, ty, I am on a campaign for favorite grandma :)....Hubby is convinced I can do it if I practice between now and July, and with this change of route I believe it may be possible....thanks, you are a doll.

LOL, ty, I am on a campaign for favorite grandma :)....Hubby is convinced I can do it if I practice between now and July, and with this change of route I believe it may be possible....thanks, you are a doll.

I'd go for it! The room to roam for two small boys at the Fort is incomparable! And all construction does is slow you down a bit - it's manageable. Good luck!

Coming with 2 grandsons, The Fort would me my destination in a minute, no second thoughts about it. Towing is not that bad usually, you have plenty of time to practice. I'm sure when you get there if you are uncomfortable with backing in, someone would be more than happy to help you with that. Have fun with the grandkiddos! Lots of stuff for the kids to do, playground, campfire, movie, sing a long, etc.

....thanks, you are a doll.

I have to say, this compliment blew my mind.

giphy.gif

For instance, I've been called a lot of things in the way back past here on the DIS (the filter caught a lot of it) and some of the guys from our Gulf DIS Meet group laugh at me behind my back for my little ol' popup camper and sparce knowledge about big strong trucks, the thingamabobs that make them big, and the whatchamacallits that make them strong.

But I never been called "doll" on here before.

giphy.gif

I'll take it.

Good luck.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!