Expect the Unexpected: A 2021 PTR- finally updated and planning our next trip!

Robert will be 5 months old in a few days! :sad2::sad2:
How is this possible????
Love this shot. :)
I got a new Amex card with Hilton rewards so half our stay is free and impossible to pass up lol.
Nice!
That Drinking Around the World one cracks me up! :lmao:
Anyone wanna share any updates/travel plans with me
Sure!
No plans! No travel! But hey! Thanks for asking! :laughing:

Being back at work full-time is kicking my butt plus I've been working a ton of overtime working at our covid vaccine clinics since they're paying us a lot to do it!
It gets easier, I promise...

We're still planning to take our short trip in a couple weeks and even added a day so now we'll be there May 16-20!
YEAH!!!!

All of the outfits are super cute.

We got the same car seat lol- the Mickey mouse version! It's super light which is exciting compared to carrying him in that dang infant carrier. What kinda car seat backpack did you get?? I was looking at a strap on amazon that attaches it to a rolling suitcase
Haha that is too funny! Our babes are perfect opposites! It is actually a Mickey Mouse one that I got from Target
"Disney Baby J.L. Childress Ultimate Padded Backpack Car Seat Travel Bag Mickey Black"
(that is the description on Target), it is $60. The bag cost more than the car seat lol. We have a City Select Stroller so I think I'm gonna cough up the cash and buy the bag that holds it. Gate checking the stroller makes me a bit nervous, but I don't know how we would survive an airport without it at this point.

In Disney news, we're sneaking in a short trip next month!

You may be thinking we're crazy and we probably are but work has been crazy since going back and we've all been going non-stop. It feels like we rarely get family quality time since Mike and I try to work opposite days so it feels like we need a break.
How fun is that! You will have a fabulous time! :)
Robert will be 5 months old in a few days! :sad2::sad2:
I simply can't believe he is that old already! He is the cutest ever!
I made a few onesies for Robert to wear during our trip!
These are so cute!
I also ordered these cute outfits from H&M:
Adorable!
Robert is eating solids now and sits pretty well
Isn't is crazy how fast they develop?
Hope everyone is doing well! Anyone wanna share any updates/travel plans with me since it's gonna take me some time to catch up on all the reports I'm missing out on?!
I have added a night at Coronado to our August trip. I am starting to feel cautiously optimistic that we might be able to go. Not 100% yet but better than before. I have a couples trip booked for DH and I for Christmas (Dec 17-22 staying at Boulder Ridge) and just booked next March Break (March 12-19/22) for Flower and Garden! So a few things to look forward to which helps. Our vaccine rollout is improving so all they need to do now is finally open the border!

I will be there the same time. May 16-22. Will at MK on the 18th too.

this is a very delayed response obviously but how was your trip? Did you see us at MK on the 18th?? It ended up being a very special day!

Haha that is too funny! Our babes are perfect opposites! It is actually a Mickey Mouse one that I got from Target
"Disney Baby J.L. Childress Ultimate Padded Backpack Car Seat Travel Bag Mickey Black"
(that is the description on Target), it is $60. The bag cost more than the car seat lol. We have a City Select Stroller so I think I'm gonna cough up the cash and buy the bag that holds it. Gate checking the stroller makes me a bit nervous, but I don't know how we would survive an airport without it at this point.

Oo that’s awesome! It’s been so long I can’t remember if you had a trip yet?

the car seat worked out perfectly for us and I ended up buying a travel strap to attach it to a suitcase on Amazon which was so easy! We went back and forth on gate checking our stroller or renting one there and ended up bringing our own!

These are so cute!

thank you! 🥰

Isn't is crazy how fast they develop?

it’s insane! I thought he was big then and he’s like a whole new little person now.

I have added a night at Coronado to our August trip. I am starting to feel cautiously optimistic that we might be able to go. Not 100% yet but better than before. I have a couples trip booked for DH and I for Christmas (Dec 17-22 staying at Boulder Ridge) and just booked next March Break (March 12-19/22) for Flower and Garden! So a few things to look forward to which helps. Our vaccine rollout is improving so all they need to do now is finally open the border!

Any luck with travel for you guys yet? Cases are back on the rise for us again 🥺

I just found this report!

I’m very bad at posting and all things DIS boards lately! Pretty sure your having an amazing trip and I hope flying went well!

glad we’re friends on Instagram and can talk that way 😂😂 cause obviously i can’t hang on the Dis either these days.

So we’ve been back from our May trip for like a day or 80 😬😬.

Did anyone know babies were time consuming??

Cause what the heck! I’ve lost all concept of time to myself lol.

So let’s see…

Robert is 8 months now!!! 8 months!

My heart can’t take it. When they say don’t blink, it’s so true. 😭

4977F216-C550-47D4-976F-B09C14C24AB4.jpeg

He is ON THE MOVE. Crawling, pulling himself to stand on anything and everything, cruising the furniture, trying to climb, taking steps holding on to things. Basically giving me a mini heart attack constantly.

Diaper changes feel like wrestling an alligator, as does trying to take pictures on this monthly blanket.

6BFA2512-387D-4405-88C5-ED54AB1E60D4.jpeg

Our May trip was a blast and we came back engaged!

F90B2EB6-97F4-45AB-A43F-30D63A10F5C9.jpeg

I’d love to find time to finish the trip reports I have going and write about Robert’s first two trips but I just can’t. Plus I’m having computer issues too and it’s so much harder to dis from my phone.

Mike and I recently discussed how I need a little time in a day to myself so hopefully we can get into a routine with that and I can add some Dis time back.

We’re currently still planning our trip for the 50th but are also cautiously watching the numbers and prepared to cancel if we feel the need.

Thanks to the Dis, we scored an AP preview for Remy- a squeak peek as they’re calling it! I got neither the email or push notification that people said they got but thankfully someone shared the link!

We also have Boo Bash tickets and are excited to check it out!

834359F8-A365-4E21-BA38-478E67B786F2.jpeg

How’s everyone else doing? My goal is to read some PTR and TRs and catch up a little but I’d also love to hear from anyone who still remembers me here!

looking at how big he is now and how big I thought he was then is crazy 🥺🥺
Oh... just wait. ;)
☹☹ i thought things would be getting better by now but alas, we’re gearing up for wave 3 here.
3? 4? I'm losing track. It's all just... mind numbing.
So we’ve been back from our May trip for like a day or 80 😬😬.
:rolleyes1
Did anyone know babies were time consuming??
What? When did this become a thing?

Just out of curiosity..... do you remember sleep???
When they say don’t blink, it’s so true. 😭
::yes::
Awww...
Love the outfit.
He is ON THE MOVE. Crawling, pulling himself to stand on anything and everything, cruising the furniture, trying to climb, taking steps holding on to things. Basically giving me a mini heart attack constantly.
Yep. Remember that. Turn your back for a second and...
Our May trip was a blast and we came back engaged!
Oh, wow! Congratulations!!! party:
I’d love to find time to finish the trip reports I have going and write about Robert’s first two trips but I just can’t. Plus I’m having computer issues too and it’s so much harder to dis from my phone.
Sorry to hear about the computer issues; those are the worst. Totally get not having time!
Take care of you first, okay? :hug:
Thanks to the Dis, we scored an AP preview for Remy- a squeak peek as they’re calling it!
:laughing: I like that!
We also have Boo Bash tickets and are excited to check it out!
Nice!
How’s everyone else doing?
Surviving. :)
I’d also love to hear from anyone who still remembers me here!
:wave:

So far have managed to avoid Covid, with a few close calls. Working constantly (not much point in taking vacations when there's nowhere to go.) But things are starting to (temporarily, I fear) return to normal...ish around here.

Om My! Robert is getting so big. The time does fly. I can attest to that. Mine are 14 and 15. DS will get his temps in October :crazy2:. I will have a freshman and sophomore this year. Enjoy this time now because it only gets crazier as they get older.

Congratulations on getting engaged.!!!!

For me well I am just surviving right now. After all of us got vaccinated (thankfully both kids are old enough) we loosened up and started to do more but now I am getting worried again. Both kids are playing HS soccer and marching band. This is keeping me really busy and running all over the place. And then DD has been throwing curve balls at me lately. In July we all thought she had appendicitis but it ended up being a stained stomach muscle and now she has a concussion. But over all we are surviving and glad to be able to see friends and family again. And after not going on vacation for 3 years are are starting to plan for next summer. It will either be Rhode Island/Boston area or a beach somewhere

This is a cake from the first get together with my family. It was July 24th so we celebrated Christmas and the kids birthday's that were missed and DD's that is in a week or two. The last time we were all together was the week before the shut down in March of 2019.
.Christmas.Birthday Cake.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!