"experienced" DVC members, please respond

What is your favorite family DVC resort? (keeping in mind I have a family of 6)

• Old Key West

• Boardwalk

• Saratoga Springs

• Beach Club

• Wilderness Villas

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
erikthewise said:
Another type of scenario is if you own (for example) 150 points each at two different resorts, you could book 300 point stays at each resort in alternating years, banking or borrowing points as necessary. Then you could always book the full stay at 11 months.

Example: Suppose you own 150 BWV points and 150 OKW points, each beginning in 2006 use year.

2006: Stay at BWV, using 150 (BWV 2006) points plus 150 (BWV 2007) points (borrowed). 150 OKW points are banked.
2007: Stay at OKW, using 150 (OKW 2007) points plus 150 (OKW 2006) points (banked).
2008: Repeat 2006
2009: Repeat 2007
etc

All kinds of variations on this scheme are possible, but planning is necessary.

That IS a great idea! Tink..I'm sorry..I wasn't paying attn. to how many little girls you had. You definitely couldn't get a studio...but really you would be cramped in there. The 1 and 2 bdrms are awesome, plus you can do laundry there and not have to do it all when you go home. You'll love DVC. Hope it all works out for you! :goodvibes

All WDW resorts are great. All the DVC resorts have the vacation home feel to them. When you stay at VWL, BWV, BCV in a DVC villa it is nothing like staying in a hotel room. Many refer to OKW as vacation condos which is about right. Imagine a very nice condo complex located in the suburbs. VWL, BWV and BCV are like vacation apartments. Imagine a very nice apartment located right outside a city. Both great, yet different, and both are DVC vacation homes in every way.

Lobstershanty is right, except I might add that the theme of each DVC resort is part of what makes each special in their own right. Some will prefer the beach and boardwalk theme, some will prefer the upstate NY themeing, some will like the pacific Northwest theme, and some will prefer Southern Florida themeing.

Our family own at both OKW & BWV. We love the setting of the BWV and being next to MGM and Epcot is great. (Have two small children, so the walk is nice because you can have them sleep without getting on any buses!) We also love the size of the rooms at OKW! When we bring down family member's we always try to get OKW for the space of the rooms. (one & two bedrooms)

While we own at VWL and LOVE it, I would think SSR, OKW, or BWV might be best for your family since you'd have the option of booking a grand villa at 11 months out. Without the 11 month advantage, you might not be able to get one at busy times of the year.

VWL and BCV don't have the GV option, and once you're into the teen years I think it's likely you'll need the extra bathrooms. ;) I know from growing up sharing a bathroom with 2 sisters that 3 girls to one bathroom is more than maximum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter