Experiences with "linked reservations....?"

igitur

Mouseketeer
Can anyone share with me their experiences (good or bad) with getting linked reservations at BCV?

We have two rooms reserved for Nov. 19 - 25...a one BR for my parents and aunt and uncle to share and a two BR for my family of four and my cousin's family of four to share. I'm hoping that the two rooms will be very close together if not next to each other since it's our family Thanksgiving get together with grandparents, parents and kids and a first visit for my extended family. I did ask that the reservations be linked.

Any comments on how your past experiences with getting rooms close by have been?

Thanks,

Deb

I don't think that is considered "linked". "Linked" would be when you have 2 reservations for the same room and you want to stay in the same room the entire time. Getting rooms close together is really just a request.

We had 2 2 BR at SSR and they were on 2 different floors but right on top of eachother . They were very helpful with trying to keep us as close toghether as possible.

What you described isn't linked.

Linked is when you make two reservations end to end, and want one continuous reservation.

Example: You own OKW (June UY,) and BWV (Aug UY, purchased resale). Those two contracts' points cannot be combined to make a single reservation.

So you make one reservation, say a BCV Studio for Mon-Tue-Wed using the OKW points. You make a 2nd reservation for a BCV Studio for Thu-Fri-Sat using the BWV points.

You link the two reservations, so now your reservation is 6 nights long, Monday thru Saturday. You keep the same room and don't have to move.

In your case you have two separate reservations for two separate villas and only want them located close to each other. When you check-in they will try to get them as close as possible. Since DVC is so flexible, they have to work it so that the same types of rooms are being vacated by other people on the same day, and both units will be available for your party.

Hope this helps.

I had really good luck in May getting 2 one bedrooms at the BWV. They were preferred view and directly across the hall from one another. One overlooked the canal the other the main pool.

It was only a request and I felt like I got really lucky.

I will be attemping it again Dec. 06 with a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom and I hope I do as well.

My family and my sister's family stayed at BCV in May of 2004. We were in separate units but did ask to be near each other. (BTW, the term for this, used by MS, was indeed "linked") They were located across the hall in the next little grouping of rooms. It was great -- close but not too close!

It really depends on the resort, and what is available. I have requested "near each other" at OKW for two studios several times. We have gotten "on top of each other", in the same bldg, but at opposite ends, and in adjacent buildings (which can be closer than in the same building at OKW). They have all been very convenient.

For the last 3 years we have asked to be near our friend at the BCVs for our December trip. What we got were different floors and never really "close". For us it's no big deal, but we are trying again this December.

pinnie

I have been wondering about this also. Thanks so much for asking the question and for all of those that answered.

I am crossing my fingers that we have some luck and are place near our friends.

We had a reservation at VWL in June 04 for two 2BR & 1 studio for a family trip. We requested NS first and that they be close together. The 2 2BR were directly across the hall and the studio was one unit down the hall. I made my reservations exactly at the 11 month window AND checked in at about 10:00 am. The reservation confirmation noted that the request was to be close together. Don't know if the early reservation or early check-in time or just luck came in to play - but it worked for us! Hope you have good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter