Experts say face masks can help slow COVID-19, despite previous claims

Here is one of the first batch I ordered from Amazon -- advertised as a 3M N95. Looks pretty legit to me.

View attachment 484418
Those are the N 95s , the counterfit are the chinise kn 95s. As we were talking about.

Please dont reuse the masks unless you know how to, even then its not a great idea. Thats why they are saying not to use them, they cant help you if you dont use them corectly.

K 95 are a little diffrent, i have tried to order those but they get cancled as most of them are fakes. I ordered 3 times and before arrival date all 3 orders got cancled. So the are a lit of fakes out there. I need them for work and cant get them.

They might not be fakes so much as the prices are high and considered price gouging. A couple weeks ago, Amazon, was scoured in the media for having so many 3rd party sellers price gouge, especially the face masks. So they've been cracking down on them. Even though we are willing to pay the high prices. :rolleyes: That's why I went to eBay and ended up getting them from the sellers from China.

Of course wearing a mask can help. They wouldn't promote that idea because WE HAVE NO MASKS!!! That's the last thing our government wants is all of us civilians panicking to get masks and gloves.
i think, though, that the recommendations were in place before it was evident exactly how short we were.

No ,they were fakes. A hospital up here couldn't use them as they didn't have the corect protective layers needed to work. The ones i ordered were not overly priced and cancled.

Those are the N 95s , the counterfit are the chinise kn 95s. As we were talking about.

Please dont reuse the masks unless you know how to, even then its not a great idea. Thats why they are saying not to use them, they cant help you if you dont use them corectly.

According to this link by the 3M company, the real one, I snipped the link of their webpage, it says that the Chinese KN95 masks are an equivalent to the U.S. N95 masks. And China and South Korea have the Coronavirus under control. If they are wearing these masks, it working.

Whoops! Forgot the link:

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1791500O/comparison-ffp2-kn95-n95-filtering-facepiece-respirator-classes-tb.pdf

No ,they were fakes. A hospital up here couldn't use them as they didn't have the corect protective layers needed to work. The ones i ordered were not overly priced and cancled.

So, how can you tell from looking at the photo which KN95 masks are fake?

Actually, KN95 is just the Chinese designation for masks of that level. Europe has different terminology, Australia and New Zealand have different terminology, Korea uses a different name, etc.

But I posted an analysis earlier in this thread -- from 3M -- that said KN95 and N95 were essentially the same.

If you wear a mask PLEASE do not abandon other precautions. Masks can give some a false sense of security .

Take a look at Post #102 on page 6 of this thread for the 3M statement on KN95 and other masks.

According to this link by the 3M company, the real one, I snipped the link of their webpage, it says that the Chinese KN95 masks are an equivalent to the U.S. N95 masks. And China and South Korea have the Coronavirus under control If they are wearing these masks, it working.
They are simmiler as i said, but that has nothing to do with reuse. i was refering to the person that i wuoted about the kn95, he said he recived them from amazon. He then showed a picture of a n 95 mask. Not the kn 95 mask. I stayed above that my 3 orderd of these were cancled. The kn 95 masks if real will work fine. I never said they wouldn't.

they weren't lying. things evolve as new information is known. and most of us haven't been wearing face masks since day one, and you know what? most of us still wont. boom

They were lying. They were trying to prevent a run on face masks to help medical staff with shortages. So an honorable lie I suppose.

If you wear a mask PLEASE do not abandon other precautions. Masks can give some a false sense of security .

Yes, even Dr Fauci said that. He said that masks are not 100% foolproof. Yet, he does now say to wear them. I assume he knows we will be getting a humoungous supply of them in soon, for him to say that.

I cant as they reuse the same photes, they cut them open.

Ah! My local news showed a photo of a bunch of different masks laying on a table at the hospital. One of them was cut up the center. I wondered why? :idea:

They are simmiler as i said, but that has nothing to do with reuse. i was refering to the person that i wuoted about the kn95, he said he recived them from amazon. He then showed a picture of a n 95 mask. Not the kn 95 mask. I stayed above that my 3 orderd of these were cancled. The kn 95 masks if real will work fine. I never said they wouldn't.
I think you should go back and re-read my post because I apparently didn't make it clear.
  • I ordered and received 3M N95 masks from Amazon. That's the picture I posted. The picture was posted in response to a comment that the N95's might be fake, which they obviously were not.
  • When I tried to re-order N95's, they were not available, but KN95's were available.
  • I researched the KN95's and found that 3M -- the manufacturer of the N95's -- says that KN95 is equivalent. And I posted a screenshot of the 3M statement.
  • I ordered the KN95 masks from Amazon, with free 2-3 day delivery. They are supposed to be shipped from an Amazon fulfillment center, which gives me some additional confidence.
  • I will post an update when I either receive, or don't receive, the masks. And if they are junk, I will also advise that.
In another post, I also mentioned that the reason for using these high quality masks is Grandma's very vulnerable medical condition. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't use them.

Last edited:
Yes, even Dr Fauci said that. He said that masks are not 100% foolproof. Yet, he does now say to wear them. I assume he knows we will be getting a humoungous supply of them in soon, for him to say that.
I haven't watch the interview, so he may have stated this too..
We are still better off staying or sheltering at home.

Yes, even Dr Fauci said that. He said that masks are not 100% foolproof.
NO type of PPE, or any combination of PPE, is foolproof.

And as a friend of mine says, "If you make it foolproof, we'll make a better fool!"

All PPE is only one part of the solution to one part of the problem.

A neighbor dropped off some home made masks the other night. They are really nice, and much appreciated. IF I wear one outside I’d probably use one of those. But I don’t see the need at this point. If others feel more comfortable that way or have certain circumstances, then more power to them.
I might wear one just in case I could infect someone else and not know it.

To anyone propagating the myth that an n95 mask “doesn’t work”, outside transporting oneself to another dimension, or curling up in a fetal position in the basement, kindly elaborate on another proven method to block viral access to ACE receptors in the nostrils and mouth.

Tried to explain this to over educated colleagues back in early March but alas fell on deaf ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!